• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sig Kilo 10k ABS

Hi guys is the laser beam divergence horizontal vs vertical?
1.2 x .25 or is it vertical by horizontal?
My plrf 05 is .4 vertical x 2.4 horizontal which I think offers less chance of a false reading on brush instead of animals in a hunting situation. Any thoughts?
Thx
Elmer

I believe it's horizontal. Think rectangle on its long side.

I check here sometimes, hoping someone got their 10K. 😢

I keep checking around and no one seems to know when to expect them
I think they've given up on the ETAs. It was October when I first ordered, then November, then December... you can see the pattern.

I think they've given up on the ETAs. It was October when I first ordered, then November, then December... you can see the pattern.
Yeah I ordered late September and I think they were saying sometime in October at that point.

Must be supply chain issues. Because they have working units out there already right?

I haven't heard anything. Not sure when either. Might cancel my order and go with something else til these get out in the wild and some use on then.

The 8ks have gotten some pretty good reviews from the few that've handled them, so it seems like the tech is good re: OLED/ranging engine/ballistics engine, and the review models of the 10ks have positive reviews, so I suspect it's purely a supply chain/manufacturing/distribution problem at this point.

Reactions: Schw15
The 8ks have gotten some pretty good reviews from the few that've handled them, so it seems like the tech is good re: OLED/ranging engine/ballistics engine, and the review models of the 10ks have positive reviews, so I suspect it's purely a supply chain/manufacturing/distribution problem at this point.

Temped to just grab an 8k since they are out there. I just don't want to carry around more than I have to.

I guess they were suppose to show up today at least at liberty optics he said never showed up so not sure time frame

Hi guys is the laser beam divergence horizontal vs vertical?
1.2 x .25 or is it vertical by horizontal?
My plrf 05 is .4 vertical x 2.4 horizontal which I think offers less chance of a false reading on brush instead of animals in a hunting situation. Any thoughts?
Thx
Elmer

Generally speaking, when listing stuff like this it’s X axis (horizontal) first and Y axis (vertical) second.

Does anyone have real life experience or information on the new Sig Kilo 10k ABS range finding binos. Cameraland has them listed on their website as out of stock. Haven’t come across any other information. Seems like a new release but also very possible I’m just behind the times.

I got an email fro sig the other day, there is no eta on shipping with my order, and if I wanted to, I could cancel or change it. Got the same email about the Romeo 2 I have on order.

• Sad
Reactions: NiteQwill
I think there must be a part that is needed for assembly that is sitting in a shipping container somewhere, or there was a bad batch of doodads that was let out.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Only real complaint with the 3000’s are the diopter doesn’t lock once you get it set. Was hoping they would change that on the new versions in the 10K

I'm hoping someone could explain what makes these special? As if I'm a 5th grader. I have been saving up for the Terrapin X but after reading this thread these sound like they are special. I just don't understand the technical laser lingo. Thanks in advance

I'm hoping someone could explain what makes these special? As if I'm a 5th grader. I have been saving up for the Terrapin X but after reading this thread these sound like they are special. I just don't understand the technical laser lingo. Thanks in advance
Watch the video posted above.

Reactions: ifgator
How does the Weatherflow interface with this? Or do you have to manually input the data from your phone?

It’s binocular and has on board applied ballistics. You can also zero the laser when needed which is a big thing.

Laser wise, it will more or less be about same as terrapin-x.

In the end, it’s still a 905nm laser. You can only do so much with them and remain eye safe.

Reactions: 96C and ifgator
Just got an email from SIG and it looks like any Bluetooth capable range finder can do the whole basemap link thing. The basemap website says the same thing. I haven't been able to find a list or anything saying exactly which range finders are capable. Does anyone know for sure?
Wish they would tell me how I've got the 2200 bdx cabelas version and it won't drop pins

Wish they would tell me how I've got the 2200 bdx cabelas version and it won't drop pins
The LRF model would need to have an onboard compass for that to work, most only have a sensor for slope.

You'll have to make sure all your firmware is up to date first. I got it to sorta work with my 3k the other day. Basically you range then point the phone at what you range. It uses the range from the lrf and the compass in the phone to drop the pin. I think you've gotta be using the pro or upgraded version of basemaps too.

You can do the same thing if you manually input the range too if your range finder doesn't have Bluetooth.

Clearly not as precise as the lrf with the compass onboard, but still pretty decent.

I'm not saying Covid isn't to blame here, however Sig has routinely been the king of both vaporware and missing product promised market delivery estimates by months....even years for long before anyone heard the word Covid.

I'm not saying Covid isn't to blame here, however Sig has routinely been the king of both vaporware and missing product promised market delivery estimates by months....even years for long before anyone heard the word Covid.

Desert Tech has entered the chat...

• Haha
Reactions: TheHorta
I spoke to someone at Sig today and they told me that the KILO10K-ABS units were ready to ship once they got the “SA approval” which sounded like a regulatory issue.

Does the Sig Electro Optics use customers for quality control like the rest of the Sig? I was going to grab some of these when they become available, but really don't want to do QC for Sig.

If you're at SHOT, can you ask Sig what's up? I've seen Kilo 5K HDs and Kilo 8Ks pop up but still no 10k binos.

Reactions: Scobes
According to the sig reps at the nrl hunter match this past weekend, the 10ks are shipping this week.... Take that for what it's worth but that's what they said
That’s pretty great, if true. Sig has been unwilling to give any ETAs on the phone lately, so nice to hear some *potential* movement on this front.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD Carpenter
That’s pretty great, if true. Sig has been unwilling to give any ETAs on the phone lately, so nice to hear some *potential* movement on this front.
They had the 10k to play with, they really are badass. They said the newer production 3k's have been having the same glass already.