• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

i’ve been going over results from the last few months. i have been within 10 days of the median wait time for the last 4 months. verified march 11th, today is 221. waits times on the reddit mega thread have gone from 218 to 230 days in the last week. this is nuts.

Reactions: wizardpc
Same here @Silencer Shop I have had all my info in and tax stamp paid for since early august. Should I just wait or do something proactive?
August of 21 or 22?

If this is an e-form 4 and you are waiting for a “ready to certify” email, contact your dealer. They control when that is sent to you.

The system is fragile and fails often. My dealer was setting up ~20 or so to process overnight, and the system would process a hand full before freezing. I called and talked to the guy handling the forms. He processed mine while I was on the phone and I was able to certify the next day.

However, if this is a purchase from last year, contact the ATF NFA branch to see where your application is in the process. Some have contacted their US reps, which may or may not speed the process along.

Same here @Silencer Shop I have had all my info in and tax stamp paid for since early august. Should I just wait or do something proactive?
If you haven't certified yet, something needs attention. Log in to SS and ensure there’s nothing that needs addressing. Confirm that the item you purchased has been “assigned” to you, it should appear in your orders. You should have docusigned a form 4 by now. If all of that is done, call the dealer, the ball is in their court.

Last edited:
August of 21 or 22?

If this is an e-form 4 and you are waiting for a “ready to certify” email, contact your dealer. They control when that is sent to you.

The system is fragile and fails often. My dealer was setting up ~20 or so to process overnight, and the system would process a hand full before freezing. I called and talked to the guy handling the forms. He processed mine while I was on the phone and I was able to certify the next day.

However, if this is a purchase from last year, contact the ATF NFA branch to see where your application is in the process. Some have contacted their US reps, which may or may not speed the process along.
August 2022

If you haven't certified yet, something needs attention. Log in to SS and ensure there’s nothing that needs addressing. Confirm that the item you purchased has been “assigned” to you, it should appear in your orders. You should have docusigned a form 4 by now. If all of that is done, call the dealer, the ball is in their court.
Yes I have docusigned form 4 and it has been assigned

If you've certified you're in the "wait it out" category as its now in the ATF's court.

Given the preference for clearing out the paper backlog and noting the increased slowness of the eform approvals, you're probably around a 250 day wait.

If you've certified you're in the "wait it out" category as its now in the ATF's court.

Given the preference for clearing out the paper backlog and noting the increased slowness of the eform approvals, you're probably around a 250 day wait.
Ouch thanks

Ok, you should have gotten an email verifying the submission. May have gone into your spam folder. The email came from “[email protected]

If you certified though, you're done. Upon approval, you and your dealer will receive an email from the address above with the approved form 4.
I logged into silencer shop and I have nothing else that needs to be done . I’m just being impatient but I guess that’s the goal right lol
You bet. Bright side...it's still better than a year which is where I'm at on my last set of papers.
This is my first time with this process and talking to friends who have done this in the past I am really happy with silencer shops way of consolidating everything. I can’t imagine having to take each step in your own from finger prints to the trust process

I logged into silencer shop and I have nothing else that needs to be done . I’m just being impatient but I guess that’s the goal right lol

This is my first time with this process and talking to friends who have done this in the past I am really happy with silencer shops way of consolidating everything. I can’t imagine having to take each step in your own from finger prints to the trust process
Buy your second suppressor now, that way you’ll be having fun with the first can while you wait for the second. 😂

Howdy @Fmilby, If you submitted a paper form (August '21) then your application is with the ATF for processing, we are seeing an average of 12-16 months for paper forms currently. If you submitted an eForm 4 (August '22) you should have received a "Ready to certify" email after submitting your registration info and fingerprints, if your application has been certified it is with the ATF, eForms have been averaging about 7 months according to our tracker. I'll reach out in a DM and get more info. - Chase

• Wow
Reactions: Vinnie45ACP
Best suppressor advice you can get right there. After my first 3, I started doing the same thing, and now I constantly keep at least 1 pending in the ATF system. 👍🏼

Im breaking my own rule, and ive got nothing in the pipeline right now. Im
Pretty stocked up on cans though

On the topic of this thread, all my customer paper F4’s from October and November last year are back. Thats several months quicker than the paper F4’s from early/mid 2021 which got delayed from efile going live.

Reactions: Series 70 Colt

On the topic of this thread, all my customer paper F4’s from October and November last year are back. Thats several months quicker than the paper F4’s from early/mid 2021 which got delayed from efile going live.
Yeah, I've got my 2 OCL Hydrogen cans pending right now. The Hydrogen-S was Certified on 5/17, so it should be coming up soon. Maybe they'll do a batch-approval? I doubt it, but one can hope... Especially since it's all digital now, they only have to do a few extra mouse clicks to approve both at once.

It is nice to see them clearing out paper forms, even though it delays the ones I've got on efiles. Just had my November 2nd cash date stamp show up today.

I wonder if you could throw a new paper form on the pipe and it would get processed with all the old ones still sitting there. There can't be that many left, I bought 2 cans mid Nov that got held for eforms.

It is nice to see them clearing out paper forms, even though it delays the ones I've got on efiles. Just had my November 2nd cash date stamp show up today.

I wonder if you could throw a new paper form on the pipe and it would get processed with all the old ones still sitting there. There can't be that many left, I bought 2 cans mid Nov that got held for eforms.
We’re definitely over the hump for paper. Wouldn't it be a kick in the nuts if paper got shorter than efile? We’re getting really close to the crossover point.

We’re definitely over the hump for paper. Wouldn't it be a kick in the nuts if paper got shorter than efile? We’re getting really close to the crossover point.
I love how now that all my paper forms have long-been approved, they're finally prioritizing the paper forms... And now that I finally have 2 eForms pending, they're not hardly working on eForms... It's like one big fuckin' joke. 🤦🏼🤦🏼🤦🏼

What needs to happen, is the NFA needs to be challenged on face-value, so it will fall as it is 100% unconstitutional, and will never stand the post-Bruen test. Then we can burn all of our Trusts, and be able to freely buy and trade and sell muzzle devices and accessories without Big Brother's permission, and be able to have them shipped straight to our doors.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Vinnie45ACP
Getting reeeeaaaal close. I've got a couple eforms from april 2 and one from June 6 so I'll probably see that 1 year wait on the June one. I'm thinking April will take another 2 months or so, putting me at 8 months.

Oh man if Novembers are about cleared out my papers are hopefully going to get approved soon. I have 2 on a 12/1 pending date.

I have 0 hope for my eforms getting approved any time soon considering they're 4/27, 5/5, and 5/11. Maybe i'll get lucky and they'll batch them with the papers (ps...i'm not lucky).

Oh man if Novembers are about cleared out my papers are hopefully going to get approved soon. I have 2 on a 12/1 pending date.

I have 0 hope for my eforms getting approved any time soon considering they're 4/27, 5/5, and 5/11. Maybe i'll get lucky and they'll batch them with the papers (ps...i'm not lucky).
Doubtful. I had one get approved from March 4th at 223 days and I’m still waiting on two from March 14th and one from May 4th.

That still boggles my mind. I would wager a guess that there's a fair majority of folk with multiple forms in process. Why not do a correlation and group approval? The background check is all the same.

I can understand not doing papers and eforms together since, in theory, those are two separate processes but the eforms being digital should be easy to correlate and they could really put a hurting on that backlog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That still boggles my mind. I would wager a guess that there's a fair majority of folk with multiple forms in process. Why not do a correlation and group approval? The background check is all the same.

I can understand not doing papers and eforms together since, in theory, those are two separate processes but the eforms being digital should be easy to correlate and they could really put a hurting on that backlog ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Stop trying to put logic to governmental processes and agencies that hate you

Reactions: nikonNUT and 750SS
Tried to get ahold of silencershop, but that seems to be impossible. Just certified for my second form 4 and noticed afterwards that box 10 only has the name of the dealer, and not his title. Do yall think I need to resubmit?

Tried to get ahold of silencershop, but that seems to be impossible. Just certified for my second form 4 and noticed afterwards that box 10 only has the name of the dealer, and not his title. Do yall think I need to resubmit?
No. Sit tight, and get in touch with someone at SS or the Dealer before doing anything stupid.

Reactions: 30calDeath
Dealer doesn't seem worried at all about it and told me not to sweat it. Seen a handful of folks with approved form 4s that only have the dealer's name, so I'm thinking it's nothing to worry about. Checked every line when I certified, but somehow missed that.

Can't seem to get ahold of SS via phone, email, or chat. It is their deadline for braces today, so I'm hoping I can get in contact with someone tomorrow.

Good luck getting them by phone. Last time I needed info from them I was on a solo road trip with nothing else to do, so I called them and waited on hold. And waited.... Someone finally picked up after two hours. Seriously.

Reactions: LSUbeatUby40
Email them…I typically get a fast response that way. When they respond, ask them if you can call them, and request a direct line, or extension number to them.

Ended up messaging them through Reddit and got a response within hours. Seen where other folks suggested doing so. SS has been very helpful so far and even offered to contact the dealer to walk him through resubmitting.

Dealer showed me his eforms account and the box for the title does not have an asterisk indicating a required box such as his first and last name. So he thought it was not required. Said he’d had no issues with previous forms being approved.

SS told me that the compliance department recommended withdrawing that form and resubmitting. Said there would be no additional cost on my end. Really hate I didn’t catch it prior to submitting. Would be helpful if the eform screen looked more like the actual form 4.

Still not sure if I should bother resubmitting. I’m leaning towards doing it, so I don’t have to have that doubt in my mind for 10 months about being disproved. I’d be furious to wait nearly two years for my suppressor.

Reactions: 30calDeath