• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Silencer Shop News Update: ATF eForms Launch Imminent!

No, the form that you sign has those blank. Your dealer fills those in after you certify. You should have gotten an email from the eForm system, after your dealer filled out their portion, with a completed form.
Thanks man, this is my first can and I’m just getting anxious. Spent the last 30 minutes trying to find that email from the ATF and can’t find it for the life of me.

Thanks man, this is my first can and I’m just getting anxious. Spent the last 30 minutes trying to find that email from the ATF and can’t find it for the life of me.
Junk folder?

I find that searching for “eForms” or “atf” is the easiest way to bring those to the surface. But, if you know when you certified, you know the furthest back it could possibly be. I’d expect that you got it that day, or the day after.

I somehow deleted that email, but I was able to find it saved on my laptop. I just couldn’t believe I’d lost the submitted form completely. All the boxes from 9-10 are filled out, with the owners name and title.
If it has not been approved yet, then It's still available to you on the Silencer Shop Dashboard in your account, under the "eForms" box. Click on the blue "View Documents" button next to your Form 4 status (which should say "Submitted"). 👍🏼

Worst case scenario, Silencer Shop can email you another copy of it.

I’m a bit worried, I’ve looked at my form 4 efile that’s 149 days since certifying. Boxes 9,10,11 are all blank. Am I looking at a disproved form 4? I can only see the docusign version from silencer shop and not the version after I certified. Would I only be able to see a completed box 9,10,11 after certifying?
Hey mwiggi, you're all good: the application that you get is the CLEO, which is why some portions are redacted. The full application is under the profile of the Powered By Silencer Shop dealer, those sections that you don't have access to are to be actioned by the dealer, nothing to worry about! What suppressor are you waiting on?

Hey mwiggi, you're all good: the application that you get is the CLEO, which is why some portions are redacted. The full application is under the profile of the Powered By Silencer Shop dealer, those sections that you don't have access to are to be actioned by the dealer, nothing to worry about! What suppressor are you waiting on?
Just hang loose. Both of mine took 8+ months and I never heard anything until the stamps were in at the dealer. 👍

I eventually found the copy that had everything signed, but I was pretty nervous there for a little bit.

I’m 166 days into waiting for my first can, Dead Air Mask HD. Planning on using my CZ 457 22lr as a primary host and occasionally putting it on my Sig P322. My CZ is the picture below.

Honestly thought I’d have it within 90 days, since literally everyone was saying 90 days. When I got to 90 days, the wait went to 150-160 days and now 180-200 days. I’m hoping I have it before the end of October the way things are going; which is double the advertised wait. If I knew from the beginning to expect 6 months or longer I’d have no problem with the wait. Now I’m waiting for it to be approved before buying a can for my hunting rifle.

Attachments

• 0D15CF2A-82B7-4033-BCCA-E0C535BC4D7D.jpeg
    0D15CF2A-82B7-4033-BCCA-E0C535BC4D7D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 31
I eventually found the copy that had everything signed, but I was pretty nervous there for a little bit.

I’m 166 days into waiting for my first can, Dead Air Mask HD. Planning on using my CZ 457 22lr as a primary host and occasionally putting it on my Sig P322. My CZ is the picture below.

Honestly thought I’d have it within 90 days, since literally everyone was saying 90 days. When I got to 90 days, the wait went to 150-160 days and now 180-200 days. I’m hoping I have it before the end of October the way things are going; which is double the advertised wait. If I knew from the beginning to expect 6 months or longer I’d have no problem with the wait. Now I’m waiting for it to be approved before buying a can for my hunting rifle.
Best thing to do with suppressors is just to forget about it. There isn't really anything that can be done to speed the process up.

... When I got to 90 days, the wait went to 150-160 days and now 180-200 days...
I'm like two days ahead of you. At 90 days, I was 20 days out from the average wait time. Since then, its remained a steady "just three more weeks!" until the average got to 181 days and now they say "six months."

Much like 2 weeks to flatten the curve.

All conflict stems from a mismatch in expectations. I had a 10-14 month expectation prior to eforms, and then Silencershop repeatedly advertised 90 days, even though they have no actual control over how quickly ATF processes things. Still, they set the expectation up front and it's causing a lot of frustration for a lot of people.

If they'd said "8 months instead of 10" no one would be upset and if folks started getting them at 6 months there would be much rejoicing in the streets.

I'm at 128 days on my first round of efiles. I agree there should have been a better / more realistic expectation set for the approvals but I dont think thats necessarily Silencershops fault. They were touting what the ATF told them and the early ones came through (mostly) under that. But then the ATF / FBI do what Government organizations do and continue to miss deliverables, take time, consume more taxes, etc...with no repercussions mind you. IMO, there should be some sort of 'penalty' for not delivering on the committed timelines. Otherwise, there's no incentive to actually deliver.
Maybe, for all of us who are over the 90 day expectation should get our $200 stamp fee back?

As for Silencershop, Capital Armory, and the other big dealers; they should remove the "get your stuff as soon as 90 days" from their websites. Now that we know thats not really possible.

I'm not really upset at the timeframe though. Sure i would have loved to have gotten my cans a month ago but if it takes less than a year i'm still pretty happy.

Reactions: RS14
As for Silencershop, Capital Armory, and the other big dealers; they should remove the "get your stuff as soon as 90 days" from their websites. Now that we know thats not really possible.

i have not seen capital armory claim this. here is their wait times FAQ

Heres the Silencer Shop. typical bullshit from them.

ATF Wait Times​

What is the current wait time for a suppressor?​

Per the ATF, an eForm 4 is expected to be approved in 90 days. Silencer Shop has seen approval of ATF eForm 4 by Powered By Silencer Shop dealers in as quickly as 7 days. ATF has communicated these timelines for their processing as of July 2022.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Sorry i didnt do my due diligence on CA's verbiage and didnt mean to touch a nerve if i did (hard to read emotion in forum format). I dont do business with them.

Yes, Silencershop should really consider updating their bannering because its no longer true. While it's true they have seen approvals "as quickly as 7 days", that was in like February. I think it would be better on them to update their phrasing to be a little more truthful / current. I mean, the link to their twitter shows that the ATF communicated the timeline as now 160 days as of July 2022. In my mind, they should change the banner to that number but thats a lot less sexy.
However, it might lead to higher customer satisfaction since there's a more reasonable level set. Maybe have an intrinsic effect of less interweb bashing as well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Meanwhile...i'll just keep checking my status once a week, shrugging my shoulders, and going back to work.

Called atf yesterday to check on a few. According to them paper forms are at a year and eforms are at 100 days, but "as long as 180"

Obviously they always over promise and under deliver, so those numbers could probably be damn near doubled and they'd be more accurate.

"100 days, but as long as 180"

Thats like the cable company saying "we'll be there between 8am and 6pm" and then waiting until you're in the shower to knock on the door.

Reactions: FuhQ
Do away with the ATF and NFA - that would speed things up ;)

Careful. They may just do that but not withdraw the background and stamp requirements. Essentially making 100% of all forms take forever, thus banning them without any legislation or discussion, Which I believe they did in 1984 and nobody has challenged.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Careful. They may just do that but not withdraw the background and stamp requirements. Essentially making 100% of all forms take forever, thus banning them without any legislation or discussion, Which I believe they did in 1984 and nobody has challenged.
I have no doubt they will continue to try to get away with whatever they can to restrict/inhibit our rights

If they'd said "8 months instead of 10" no one would be upset and if folks started getting them at 6 months there would be much rejoicing in the streets.
Exactly. This is my first time in the NFA world. So when everyone was telling us 90 days, I was dumb enough to believe it.

Does anyone have a walkthrough for my FFL on how to withdraw a Form 4 and submit a Form 3 to transfer? Approval took longer than my relocation out of state, and my FFL has no idea what to do.

Called atf yesterday to check on a few. According to them paper forms are at a year and eforms are at 100 days, but "as long as 180"

Obviously they always over promise and under deliver, so those numbers could probably be damn near doubled and they'd be more accurate.
Well I’m at 179 days. I imagine they will be closed tomorrow marking 180 days. So can I expect Tuesday at 181. Lol

Day 173 of 90...but hey maybe this time the "I'm really close" feeling is real.

Just imagine what will happen if just 1% of brace owners take advantage of the "free tax stamp" amnesty next year.

Huh? Amnesty?
You know, the government gives you clemency for buying that thing that wasn't illegal to buy- and they don't have authority to regulate- just so long as you self-report to them that you bought it and agree to put it on a government held list, and report to them every time you move or attempt to move the thing across state lines. No biggie...

Well 181 days wasn’t the ticket. Hopefully here soon.

And hopefully companies will stop advertising the false promise of 90days

Well, certainly close to 7 more this if not there already. I'm at 5 months from a couple certified April 2nd. I'm seeing stuff come back from like Feb/march based on this thread and reddit. So I'm another 7 or 8 weeks out if waits stay the same, which they aren't. More like adding 2 days for every day that goes by. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Fuckin cocksuckers.

I don't know much about it. I read something about December but at this point I'm spreading rumour.

Hopefully I'm in and out of the system with my current batch before that happens.

I was reading up on it though, and it smells like a trap. Pictures of the gun with the brace etc. Don't be stupid people, regular Form 1 is no big deal

Hopefully I'm in and out of the system with my current batch before that happens.

I was reading up on it though, and it smells like a trap. Pictures of the gun with the brace etc. Don't be stupid people, regular Form 1 is no big deal
You already submit pictures for a form 1 SBR. If the ATF wanted to fuck you over, they could show up at your house after you submit your regular form 1 with a search warrant; then charge you with constructive intent for having all of the pieces for a SBR in the same place. No doubt some poor fools have already assembled them too.

The real question in my mind about this amnesty thing is, how many will the ATF let you register under the amnesty? I mean, let’s imagine an enterprising gun enthusiast with 1 short barreled upper (which is not serialized), one pistol brace (which is not serialized), and a pallet of lower receivers. Can he register all of them under the amnesty? Is there a rule that says a gun registered with a pistol brace cannot be equipped with a regular stock? Can I strap a brace to a mares leg and register that, then put a real carbine stock on it after the approval? If you’ve been looking to SBR a rifle or 30, the atf has cooked up a scheme to save you some serous coin…

You already submit pictures for a form 1 SBR. If the ATF wanted to fuck you over, they could show up at your house after you submit your regular form 1 with a search warrant; then charge you with constructive intent for having all of the pieces for a SBR in the same place. No doubt some poor fools have already assembled them too.

The real question in my mind about this amnesty thing is, how many will the ATF let you register under the amnesty? I mean, let’s imagine an enterprising gun enthusiast with 1 short barreled upper (which is not serialized), one pistol brace (which is not serialized), and a pallet of lower receivers. Can he register all of them under the amnesty? Is there a rule that says a gun registered with a pistol brace cannot be equipped with a regular stock? Can I strap a brace to a mares leg and register that, then put a real carbine stock on it after the approval? If you’ve been looking to SBR a rifle or 30, the atf has cooked up a scheme to save you some serous coin…

You submit your picture. Not a picture of your gun. Or is this some dumbassery that's changed since Obama screwed us all?

You submit your picture. Not a picture of your gun. Or is this some dumbassery that's changed since Obama screwed us all?
On the eform1 you submit pictures of all of the markings on the firearm, as well as a picture of the overall gun. And, your picture... I did 2 when I heard the ATF might be going this way with the braces. I'd rather have an SBR anyway, and Texas is a big state so I'm not worried about crossing state lines.

When I called atf the person told me the form 4 box 10 can just be persons name and does not have to have title. I am currently at 150 days.

Saying, "I know they advertised 90 days, but if I get it in less than a year, I'll be happy," is akin to a victim of domestic violence saying "My husband got drunk and promised to only beat me 3 times this week but actually beat me 6 times. I'll be happy as long as he doesnt beat me more than 12 times this week."

Saying, "I know they advertised 90 days, but if I get it in less than a year, I'll be happy," is akin to a victim of domestic violence saying "My husband got drunk and promised to only beat me 3 times this week but actually beat me 6 times. I'll be happy as long as he doesnt beat me more than 12 times this week."
He really loves me. He's a good man and a good father; he just doesn't know how to show his love sometimes. It wasn't his fault, I started it. Yep, that sounds exactly like every gun owner defending absurd backlogs, lead times, wait lists, and pre-orders that drag on forever...

"He promises he'll start seeing counseling and change. Everything will be good this time."
...goes to buy another suppressor expecting a 90 day turnaround...

Reactions: stefan73
183 days here.

And I haven’t even been able to open the eforms website in a week.
Hey RS14, thanks for reaching out. It seems like the eForms site is working, you might want to hit up the ATF at 304-616-4500 to see if they can sort out your account. You're in the window for approvals we've been seeing, hopefully, you get some good news soon! - Chase

Hey RS14, thanks for reaching out. It seems like the eForms site is working, you might want to hit up the ATF at 304-616-4500 to see if they can sort out your account. You're in the window for approvals we've been seeing, hopefully, you get some good news soon! - Chase
The issue I had was the page wouldn’t even load. Constant refreshing of the screen. For almost a week on home computer cell phone and work computer. However it’s now working. Lol.

Hopefully I clear soon. I had to wait 6 months for the suppressor to make it to my dealer before I could even file. So I’m anxious for it.

so hes in the window? so you're seeing 6-8 months these days? im in the 6 month camp right now.