• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Silly items being marketed as "Tactical"

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
The "Tactical Snuggie" thread got me thinking about a conversation a bunch of us had during some range downtime a few weeks ago.

The gist of the conversation was "you could sell anything these days if you put the word 'tactical' on it." Tactical socks, tactical pens, tactical lip balm, tactical fry pan...

So... what are some of those really, really silly things out there that are being marketed as "Tactical"?

Cheers,

Sirhr

PS: Hands off Larue's "Tactical Beverage Entry Tool." That's just the coolest thing ever! And their tactical Rib Rub. If it comes from Larue... it's gotta be tactical... right?

Re: Silly items being marketed as "Tactical"

c399_tactical_canned_bacon.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
c399_tactical_canned_bacon.jpg
</div></div>

Silly, or awesome?

Somebody sent me that in Afghanistan, probably the best thing I ever received in the mail while deployed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You may as well spoof it. The word is over-used. </div></div>
Exactly, hence the milk crate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wanderlust</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing will top:
Tactical%20Corsets%201.jpg
</div></div>

LOL! I can just see it being sold at Lover's Lane in Multi- Cam..

Went to Sportsman Warehouse yesterday to pick up a few things. Needed a new brass chamber brush for the AR.

They have an entire isle with cleaning supplies, solvents, brushes, patches, etc, but no AR chamber brush.

I tracked down one of the sales staff and asked about it. He took me 8 aisles away to the back of the store and told me they keep that in their "tactical section". I couldn't believe it. Tactical cleaning tools. Amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PS: Hands off Larue's "Tactical Beverage Entry Tool." That's just the coolest thing ever! And their tactical Rib Rub. If it comes from Larue... it's gotta be tactical... right? </div></div>

Yep, if it's Larue it has to be tactical.
I accidentally flipped over to the Outdoor Channel last night (the first time in the last 6 months), and, lo and behold, there was Uncle Ted and his first born son shooting their Larue tactical rifles off the front of their Rhinobadboyrangergatormobile.

Cell phone cases, beanies, t-shirts, the word tactical itself is annoying and I hate seeing it. There are so many things now-a-days that I can't even remember what is actually "tactical" and what is not. And tactical dudes suck too, facebook referred someone to me that likes a page I like. He had the 5.11 jumpsuit, a blackhawk lbv, all kinds of other crap on his lbv, and more than likely an airsoft mp5 I almost spit pepsi all over my keyboard laughing at it. Not to mention his floral print couch in the background.

And this from urban dictionary....

tactical 24 up, 4 down
A commonly misunderstood word. Pretty much anything can be tactical provided you are using it in a tactical application.

A word used by firearm, cutlery, ammo, or clothes manufacturers to make their products more appealing. The advertisement for said “tactical” products usually includes pictures of the armed forces, fire, explosions, people dressed up like SWAT members, and American flags

These tactical products tend to cost a lot more than regular products and usually offer nothing other than tacky looks. Usually the guns are black and have folding stocks. Blades tend to be menacing looking. Usually they will have large serrations, an awkward grind , and most likely painted black or camo.
Idiot: Look I just bought this new knife. The Nocturnal Special-Ops US Marine SAS Killer.

Me: What do you plan to use it for?

Idiot: Everyday tactical carry.

Me: Good luck trying to convince a jury you weren’t planning to hurt anyone when you decided to star carrying that.

Is it just me, or did the marketing buzz words used to be 'Military Surplus', 'Mil Spec', 'MOLLE compatibile', but now only 'Tactical' is left?