• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Silver bear ammo

Healy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2018
Anybody else shot any of the stuff I bought a case for an at and it shoots half way decent in my 223 bolt gun I was shooting 389 yards with a 15 mph crosswind
49BB5FE0-9196-48BC-AEAE-37BF2410F717.jpeg
341784FB-A0C5-411A-9365-95B4D271C7E8.jpeg
D335EFA1-D685-4536-A775-8194DDCD5DBB.jpeg

I doubt you'll find many of us shooting that through a bolt gun...

So far - that’s been the most accurate and consistent ammo I can find for my AR chambered in 5.45x39. I haven’t tried that brand in any other calibers yet.

It looks like it shoots well enough for a truck gun! Cheap ammo (when it was around) as well.

So far - that’s been the most accurate and consistent ammo I can find for my AR chambered in 5.45x39. I haven’t tried that brand in any other calibers yet.

Just curious- what pushed you to chamber an AR in that?

^^ Is it that common though compared to 223? I can't say i've ever seen someone shoot it.

^^ Is it that common though compared to 223? I can't say i've ever seen someone shoot it.
It’s not as common as .223, but anybody that makes 7.62x39 usually makes 5.45x39 too. Just always steel cased:

I mean, I've had that thought. Built a good AR in 5.45 and if shit the fan, and I was able to stay alive long enough behind enemy lines to run out of 308 and 223, then I have no problem picking up whatever I can get my vile hands on to use.

I was given 500 rounds after the 10th misfire I gave it away as well, good luck with it

I was given 500 rounds after the 10th misfire I gave it away as well, good luck with it
I haven’t ever had a misfire or problem with Silver Bear yet. Wolf and Tullammo I have plenty.
7N6 has been rock solid too..... it just requires immediate cleaning because it’s corrosive.

I had not heard of it in years.
about 10 years ago everything I listed in the FS section this idiot would immediately pm me about trading Silver Bear ammo for it. I think he did it to everyone who listed anything.
Later another guy was doing the same thing with Norma .22 LR Ammo.