• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Site Down This Morning: Curious What Happened?

Cisco TAC would say solar flares. So that's my answer.

I miss the days of getting Tim Stevenson on the phone with some odd/corner case Cat 6500 issue. It's gone way downhill since those days. Whenever he got my case, I knew we'd get to the bottom of it and we wouldn't get a "reload and upgrade your code" for the first answer. My reply was always "provide me the relevant bug ID, and the fixed code version, and I'll be happy to.

I miss the days of getting Tim Stevenson on the phone with some odd/corner case Cat 6500 issue. It's gone way downhill since those days. Whenever he got my case, I knew we'd get to the bottom of it and we wouldn't get a "reload and upgrade your code" for the first answer. My reply was always "provide me the relevant bug ID, and the fixed code version, and I'll be happy to.
I always ask for bug ID's and confirmation of fixes prior to code upgrades. I hate hail mary's from TAC.

Nice to see some fellow networker here. I still have a 5500 in my basement, long time powered off.

Reactions: rijndael and lash
I was being extra frisky with @Lowlight under his desk and accidentally pulled out the ethernet cable. :giggle:
I did knock it out a few times today already, so I could have pulled the plug out with a toe.

But they are smart enough to keep me away fro the switches and levers

Anyone else have problems with the search function lately?

1716763874055.png

I was thinking someone (not naming any names) tried to upload a pic of a really, really, REALLY fat chick and the server exploded.

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka and 357Max
Snipershide is hosted in the only datacenter in America without backup power?

Oh RIGHT, wink wink "DATA CENTER"

View attachment 8426249
UPS, generators, usually dual utility sources.....something might have "happened", but any normal data center, you can scratch "power outtage" off the list. Even small shitty data centers arent losing power.

Reactions: lash
UPS, generators, usually dual utility sources.....something might have "happened", but any normal data center, you can scratch "power outtage" off the list. Even small shitty data centers arent losing power.

They're rare, but it does happen ... and it's often human error. There's a couple a year that are noteworthy. Digital Realty / 56 Marietta had a significant one last year.

I've reloaded. Mostly good accept if I try to look at postings.

Scratch that search is busted for me as well. Simple search in this short thread gave below error.
1716767130242.png

1716767058428.png

1716766907843.png

Yep they normally run multiple layers of redundancy. One of the data centers that operates right next to one of our power plants left a ground buggy in the switchgear that feeds there chiller plant, they had no cooling for 3 days while a temporary switchgear was setup.

If you wanting to be frustrated with outage issues switch to T-mobile. They could raise a dead mans blood pressure. I switched to their 5G B/S for internet on 4/24/24 and its been out 4 times in 33 days. Every time it rains here their shit goes out. So I'll be ditching their ass ASAP, besides their fagot ass commercials just tend to piss me off more & more every time I have to endure one.