• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

Re: Sniper / Prairie Dog Matches In Colorado

The winds were high so I thought I'd use my Elk rifle with only 20 shots down the tube. The winds blowing 20mph from 4 o'clock at the line, 300yd berms with the last 125 open and no flags down range along with small steels made it tough to read the wind,see the miss and correct. 123's at 3200 don't get blown around much. lesson learned

Hoser,
I am closing on a house in PW at the end of the month so I'll be around that part of the country more.
I lost my lease here for the DMR shoots because of the turkey on the property. I'd like to talk to you about setting up the DMR shoots there, you think we could use BLM for an informal get together?. They were kind of like the Raton shoot except the max yardage is 500 and the stages 1-6 are timed and you must hit every target so quick range estimation and accuracy is vital. fastest time wins. We also had surprise close pistol targets just off the stage that had to be eliminated before range estimation or engaging the rifle targets. If we have time I'll talk to you later this month after the shoot.

Anything is possible but the PWSA board isn’t too receptive to any more matches. In fact they specifically prohibit any and all matches the first weekend of the month so PWSA members will always have a weekend where it the whole range is avail.

I think the only reason this match got in is because the PWSA president liked the idea and wanted to shoot the matches.

Grab me and we will talk more.

I completely forgot to post pics. My memory is perfect, but short. TC the IDPA Mall Ninja took the pics.

Lets start this off with a view of the Heavy Gun match winners backside. Shooting a 260. I think TC might have a man crush on him...

Butterpants_Ass.sized.jpg

And the Light Gun match winner, Lizard Waltzer the famous gunsmith, and the 223 that he built.
Lizard_223_XP.sized.jpg

And some others.

Chuck and his 308.
Big_Chuck.sized.jpg

Mike Aos was not afraid of the weather today...
Mike_Aos.sized.jpg

Mike and his 308.
Mean_Mike.sized.jpg

Brain and his 308.
Brian_the_Pilot.sized.jpg

Pueblo West President Chris Skarmas shooting a Roscoes Custom AR-15 chambered in 20 Tactical. About 1/3 of the shooters were using AR's of some flavor.
Skarmas_204_AR.sized.jpg

My pop came out to watch everyone shoot and help with set-up.
Pop_and_I.jpg

Me and my Tubb when I actually remembered I was supposed to shoot. You gotta love Shark supressors. Its the one behind Mr Butterpants leg.
T2K.sized.jpg

And Harrison breaks out his Elk hunting rifle (6.5-284) to buck the insane winds.
6_5_284.sized.jpg

Hey, pm me the details of this match, caliber restrictions, time location etc... I maybe able to make this one on Saturday...

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Targets ranging from 175-400 yards shot under time constraints.

Each competitor will shoot the match four times requiring no more than 40 rounds.

One shot per target. No make up shots.

No penalties for misses. Only points earned for hits.

15 total seconds allowed per shot.

Targets hit within the first 10 seconds are worth 10 points. Hits between 10.01 seconds and 15.00 seconds are worth 5 points. If the competitor does not take a shot before 15.01 seconds or shoots after 15.01 seconds, it is a 10 point penalty, hit or miss.

In the event of a tie, the shoot-off will be a 4 inch plate at 425 yards. First shooter to miss is the loser.

Shooters start prone behind rifle with bolt/action open and ammunition in hand.

Upon start signal shooter may load rifle and engage target.

4 divisions. Heavy rifle, 12+ pounds. Light rifle, under 12 pounds. Semi-Auto rifle. Pistol.

Scopes, bi-pods, sandbags, rests, muzzle brakes, laser rangefinders allowed.

40 gn minimum bullet weight.

Steel Core, Armor-Piercing and Tracer ammo *NOT* allowed. $50 fine per target that is damaged with above ammo.

Match re-entries are allowed. However only the first time counts for match score.

No 338 Lapuas.

A map can be found here. http://ecouspsa.com/maps/pppsmap.html

Blue lock. 2506 combo.

</div></div>

Hoser,

Great match you and your posse put together for us.
As this was my first visit to your attack-of-the-armored-pdog match, I had a lot to learn. Took me a while to get in the rhythm. I like the way you arranged the berms to create that whirling, and continuous, wind-tunnel effect.

Was also great to see some other hide members there.

Thanks,
John

Congrats to MrButterpants on winning the match! Well done Sir.

Thank you Surgeon Rifles for supporting this match. The hats are cool.

I shot this match for the first time yesterday, very nice match, a lot of fun and serious wind. I also want to say THANKS to Surgeon Rifles for supporting the match and providing hats, especially since my rifle has a Surgeon action.
smile.gif

Yay me. Good match, worth the drive and now with even more organization! Hoser is to be commended for making it run smooth and actually getting to shoot the entire match this time.

Wind was more difficult this month....obvious by the scores.

Great match this weekend. I had expected a drop in shooters, but there was actually more this time.

I guess Mother Nature is a hide member as she seems to turn up the wind for these matches. It was dead calm for the silhouette match and after I got all the targets out it got breezy. But the time the first shot went downrange it was above 17 kts and gusty.

No match in June. Hope to see everyone on the third Saturday in July. You too Cheryl...

guess I have until July 19th to get my shooting in order and get used to shooting from prone again.....I have a little time yet!

He's just happy since there haven't been the constant whoopin's like Raton .

I get tired walking around at Raton. Makes me miss. I'm very fragile ya know.

Next match I'm going to shoot a vanilla rem700 sps in .243

Was I really the only one that noticed the volunteer R/O was running shooters at warp-speed?

It was shooterreadystandbeep, shooterreadystandbeep, etc. I think he got through all 5 shooters in the relay in under a minute every time.

:-(

I felt like I was already on the clock before I even realized I was the shooter!

Mike

I know I was the guilty RO on the last string with MrB, CW and Mike K. Thought that's what they wanted.
Plus, I need the exercise.
wink.gif

You guys should come down to Pueblo tomorrow and shoot the semi-auto match. Same range as the praire dog match.

Didn't seem fast to me , don't take very long to turn one knob and schootch around a little .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I felt like I was already on the clock before I even realized I was the shooter!</div></div>

If you arent ready, dont signal that you are or dont say that you are.

Not to sound short, but its as easy as that. Dont let the range officer push you into getting ready.

I really dont feel like being the guy on the timer all friggin day... Without people helping, these matches cant happen. And without their help, they wont.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm shooting a different rifle in July so everyone has a chance.</div></div>

Me too. I might shoot my Tubb, but I will most likely be shooting my Viper Drop Port in 22BR.

Wind dont scare me.

The relays were a good speed. I like to shoot fast. I also don't feel like spending all day at the range. Like Tom said, if you're pokey just tell the RO to fuck off and wait a minute.

Everything is set to go for the 19 July. I am out of town till the 18th, but plan to be there bright and early to get it all set-up and going by lunch time Saturday.

But then again maybe California will completely burn down before then and I can just come home early. Over 90,000 gallons of red goop from our plane alone, 3K gallons at a time.

MAFFS_1_DROP.sized.jpg

90,000 gallons? Yikes.
I once got slimed when working a small fire near here. A little SEAT Ag-like plane and a S-64 helo dropped slurry on our crew as we worked the line. Not as big a blaze as what you're involved with, but it got our full attention for a while.
Hope you get back safely from CA in time for the match.
Cheers,
John

Mikey was the Co-Piglet on the other Peterson Herk. I think they flew 25 or 26 drops. They covered a lot of southern-ish CA while we stayed near Big Sur and Redding.

See you next weekend.

You and Mike...DO NOT BECOME A STATISTIC !! Be careful out there...got the handle, is in mail as of this pm
We will be up to shoot the match in September...can't wait. I may have the Grendel going by then, otherwise it is the .260
Cheryl
smile.gif

You still going to make it back in time ??

Im baaaaaack...

Everything is all set to go for tomorrows match. Everything should be set up between 11:30 and 12:00. First come, first served.

I wish I could make this one. This is a really fun match and this will be the second one I have missed. Good luck guys.

All is set to go for next Saturdays (16 Aug) match.

Hope to see some of you out there.

Re: Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

Oh sure, I get all dressed, even took a shower and you cancel it. Thanks a Lot.
smile.gif

I even had which rain gear I was gonna wear all picked out...

You musta got word I was coming and you coordinated this with the CMG guys.

Well, maybe in Sept,
wink.gif
not very sniperific not shooting in the rain.

lol

Times like these I really wish chuck had a cell phone. Have a feeling there's going to be a knock at my door in 30 minutes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, maybe in Sept,
wink.gif
not very sniperific not shooting in the rain. </div></div>

Not at all Sniperific. I am a delicate flower. The rain makes my make-up run. And my hair, it just has a mind of its own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Times like these I really wish chuck had a cell phone. Have a feeling there's going to be a knock at my door in 30 minutes. </div></div>

Sorry man. I posted as soon as Lizard gave me the thumbs down.

I wonder how the Yetti would dial a cell phone with those big fingers of his.