• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

Re: Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

There's snow in the overnight forecast above 10,000 feet down this way, although there will be little or no accumulation.

Fall is in the air.

Last week I made a day trip to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, after which we took route 34 through Rocky Mountain National Park back to I-70 and down to Denver.

At 11,000ft we had rain, hail, and lightening, at 12,000 there was snow and ice... it was a fun trip not to mention an interesting drive.

A couple days before we were up on Pike's Peak, cold, threatening rain, but no snow, this time.
smile.gif

G:
The Yeti's hamfists looked remarkably nimble repairing your trigger in the dim light of a motel room.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rmfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">G:
The Yeti's hamfists looked remarkably nimble repairing your trigger in the dim light of a motel room. </div></div>

You make it sound so romantic. Is that why it took 3 attempts to get it working correctly? He must have needed more beer.

Come to think of it, it did seem that he was depriving himself a bit that evening - That that could not be said for the rest of us, however.

I could have left it and You wouldn't have won lunch money now would You bitch ???

I got to have one of thoose old people phones with the huge buttons .

Awesome weather today. Switchy winds and lots of tall grass made for some tough shooting resulting in a 2 way tie in heavy gun. Although its not listed as a formal division on the scoresheet, it appears as though I dominated the newly formed BB-Gun division.

See you guys next month. Maybe Cheryl will show up and kick all out asses...

Re: Sniper / Prairie Dog Matches In Colorado

sitting here holding my new born little boy. probably not gonna make this one. good luck guys, always a fun match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sitting here holding my new born little boy. probably not gonna make this one. good luck guys, always a fun match. </div></div>

Many congrats. Normally I would say bring mom and the kid, but maybe next match.

Awesome weather today. As usual, shooters are getting better. Today gave us a new high score of 360 shot by Mike K and his 260. Going 28 hits straight helped.

First time Steel PD Shooter Justin shows up with a borrowed gun and shoots a 305. Gotta be some sort of record.

Lots of Hide members were there like C Ward, Butterpants, 9H, ZR, cavscout. Cheryl and LL were a no-show again... ZR had a camera out. Maybe he can post some pics.

Results just went out. Let me know if you didnt get them.

Thanks for making it an enjoyable match this month and all season long. I will be doing it again in 2009. See you in April. Now go load some ammo.

it was fun and a humbling learning experience. I scored super low but I learned some good things and id'd things I need to work on.

I also learned to bring a heavier hitting round than 45gr .223 hahaha

Thanks for putting this on Tom!

Great weather, thanks again Tom for putting it on. Sincerely hope this will be an ongoing thing.

I stunk it up to high hell yesterday, but that's what I get for obtaining my zero off of a rock, 200-ish yards away. Kolar messed with my records and must be destroyed. Good thing I know where he lives.

If I find the cheesefuck who can't figure out how to lock the goddamn gate properly....it might get ugly.

LL had a good reason for not showing this time...was out of town....

Without any doubt I will be doing it again next year. I am going to take some time off being a match director for a while. I think I have put on over 50 different matches so far this year between indoor IPSC, weekly Steel Challenge and these matches. Time for me to shoot some indoor smallbore prone and silhouette.

Next year these matches **might** move to 4th Sundays when Eddie closes up shop.

I'll get some pictures up from the day shortly, I was out at the range again today and now I'm actually working for a little while. ; ) So when I'm all done with that I'll get some pics up. I still think my score was shy by between 3-5, but I'll roll with it. =P

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm all for consolidation </div></div>

4th Sundays because Eddie isnt going to put his rifle and shotgun matches on anymore. Unless he gets some more people to help out, he is done. </div></div>

Oh that sucks. His rifle match is awesome. I could live without the shotty one. The issue with helping out is time. I don't mind going down early to set shit up, but not at 6am.....I can't see the fucking range from my house like he can. If the matches were shifted up a few hours, I think more people would be willing to come out early and help.

That does suck. His rifle matches are excellent and Pueblo is one of the few places you can run a 400-yard action rifle stage. Anyone who places in the top half at his matches will place in the top 10% on rifle stages at any national 3-Gun. As for timing.. it's a long haul from Fort Collins.

Sorry for missing the match this weekend. I was racing a hare scramble (motorcycle).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That does suck. His rifle matches are excellent and Pueblo is one of the few places you can run a 400-yard action rifle stage. Anyone who places in the top half at his matches will place in the top 10% on rifle stages at any national 3-Gun. As for timing.. it's a long haul from Fort Collins.

Sorry for missing the match this weekend. I was racing a hare scramble (motorcycle). </div></div>

How the hell did it never come up before that you race dirtbikes? My XR400 is sitting in the garage waiting for it's rider to stop playing injured. I will compete in a Baja before I die.

I fired off an e-mail to Eddie bout this. Hopefully it's just a rumor.

KTM's rock, great engines. Expensive as fuck parts. Don't fall down.

You need to come down and ride some single track at Captain Jack next season. Doesn't get much more fun (or difficult) than that.

I've probably crashed it twenty times already; about six in the race today. The handguards (Fastway) are the only parts that sustained damage. However, after my big crash Saturday, we did have to loosen the triple clamp and front axle to get the wheel straight again.

I rode Captain Jack on my mountain bike a bunch back in - shit - 1996. Once, with my brother, in a lightning storm. We took cover in that mining tunnel by the road for like 20 minutes. I wonder if the trail is similar now to what it was like then.

Definitely we'll hit it next season.

It's all fun and games until you crack open a radiator 50 miles from civilization. Make sure to slap some aftermarket aluminum guards on there. Ah the beauty of an air cooled engine....

These things keep me walking: http://www.skeletools.com/shorts.html

Well the tunnel is still there. Did you ride up pipeline? Jesus christ that trail is a nightmare. Down is bad enough.

There are a bunch of guys I work with who do day/weekend trips and ride a bunch of central CO shit....Independence/Kebeler pass, Taylor Park, Italian Creek, American Flag mountain.....they aren't the most challenging trails, but the scenery is hard to beat.

Perhaps a 3 day weekend around Raton is in order for next summer. Ride on Friday, shoot Sat. & Sun.

Northern NM has no multi-use trail system. In fact the whole northern fourth of the State is almost devoid of any public land. There is one state park hiking trail NE of the NRAWC.

The nearest stuff is down around Taos; not sure of the single track/quad trail multi-use availability there; for sure there is double track.

The nearest decent trail system is in the San Isabel Nat'l Forest outside of Colorado City/Rye. Doable for sure when a group is heading toward the NRAWC. It is a tough trail system though.

^^Well that blows. Just have to stop on the way down I guess.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have plate; will travel. </div></div>

Brian are both plated too, but dicking around on the highway with your dirtbike looking for something interesting to ride looses its charm fast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZombieRepellent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get some pictures up from the day shortly, I was out at the range again today and now I'm actually working for a little while. ; ) So when I'm all done with that I'll get some pics up. I still think my score was shy by between 3-5, but I'll roll with it. =P </div></div>

Post some pics and I will change your score...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
4th Sundays because Eddie isnt going to put his rifle and shotgun matches on anymore. Unless he gets some more people to help out, he is done. </div></div>

Well, today was Eddies last match. Went out with a bang. The toughest match I have ever shot.

However... Chuck, Butterpants, Justin, Mike and I have taken it over from Eddie.

See you for Tactical Rifle fourth Sundays starting again in March 2009.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZombieRepellent</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll get some pictures up from the day shortly, I was out at the range again today and now I'm actually working for a little while. ; ) So when I'm all done with that I'll get some pics up. I still think my score was shy by between 3-5, but I'll roll with it. =P </div></div>

Post some pics and I will change your score...</div></div>

*note to self, bring camera to break 100*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent! I'd love to help, but the drive from Fort Collins is a bear. </div></div>

Thats ok. You are match saff at other matches. I tend to give a pass to people that put matches on elsewhere. After all, its nice to go to a match and just be Joe Shit the shooter and not have to worry about getting there early and busting your ass.

Hope to see you there next year.

I'm there. Looking forward to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on it like a stiff cock....</div></div>

TMI

Hoser,
Might be able to help set up, I'm here at Carson, depending on my schedule when I get back next month. Havent done any shooting yet in CO, always on the look out for places to shoot and people to shoot with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoser when do your afternoon steel shoots start up? Are they on Tue or Wed? </div></div>

Every Wednesday starting in April.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ocherp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoser,
Might be able to help set up, I'm here at Carson, depending on my schedule when I get back next month. Havent done any shooting yet in CO, always on the look out for places to shoot and people to shoot with. </div></div>

Sounds great. I start setting up the sniper match when I get done shooting the morning silhouette match.

Keep you head down and be nice to the C-130 crewmembers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrButterpants</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoser when do your afternoon steel shoots start up? Are they on Tue or Wed? </div></div>

Every Wednesday starting in April. </div></div>

Awesome I'll be able to make them. Have Wed off this year.