• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipershide 2013 white elephant gift exchange

I think this is something we should do every 3 months, good way to get rid of some stuff you generally would not put up for sale and get some odd thing in return that you could use.. A quarterly 1 week long flea market...

One mans junk is another mans treasure....

I am always digging up crap in my gun cave that I never use but feel is too worthless to put up for sale. I'd much rather just give it away and gain the chance of getting something from someone else that I could use. Sometimes helping out someone with a 30-50$ item they could use feels better than selling it for $20...

My 2 cents...

I think this is something we should do every 3 months, good way to get rid of some stuff you generally would not put up for sale and get some odd thing in return that you could use.. A quarterly 1 week long flea market...

One mans junk is another mans treasure....

I am always digging up crap in my gun cave that I never use but feel is too worthless to put up for sale. I'd much rather just give it away and gain the chance of getting something from someone else that I could use. Sometimes helping out someone with a 30-50$ item they could use feels better than selling it for $20...

My 2 cents...

Very true. Ive got a lot of stuff that is solid, but i wont use it. It isnt worth the time to ship it if I sell it. I was planning on shipping the lot of it down to a instructor at the gunsmithing school in Trinidad sooner or later, I know the kids down there would incorporate it into projects once they got there hands on it. I just dont know if white elephants would work 365 a year. Its fine at Christmas when everyone is in a giving mood. I not saying it wouldnt work 365 I just dont know if it would. The thing thats great about a Christmas white elephant is the basic premise is a gift. It certainly is nice when somthing useful gets used however. Another method I use is to put it on e-bay and donate 100% to the local animal shelter. E-bay forgos their cut when 100% goes to charity. Item gets used , its out of my workshop, and shelter gets their doggy chow. It all comes down to the time involved with shipping the item. Yea its cool when a individual gets to use a $20 item, and the shelter gets their chow but it gets old shipping it after a while. Free boxes at gunshows get rid of it but Im not sure the item gets used. Appropriate distribution is important to me and $ and free markets are awfully good at that. There used to be a black powder shop in Fort Collins that took items in consingment. Everbody brought their "valuables" in. The shop charged zero commision if you you used the credit to buy somone elses "valuable" but 30% if you cashed out. So you brought your stuff down and after a while you had credit to use on things you needed. As everbody was bringing their junk in stuff turned up that you needed. That worked well for recycling.

I just don't know if white elephants would work 365 a year.

That is why I suggested to do it 4 times a year for only one week each time. That does not mean everyone has to participate each time, but they do if they see something they want or they have something they want to get rid of at the time.

There are enough Hide members to make it viable I am sure, if 1/10th of them have as much crap laying around as I do it will definitely work.

I'll play.

-1911 Blackhawk quick draw paddle holster slightly used.

-Mako 5x sight magnifier used.

22-250 and 17 HMR ammo still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There is a pay it forward thread I've seen pop up every now and then, kind of the same principle.

That is why I suggested to do it 4 times a year for only one week each time. That does not mean everyone has to participate each time, but they do if they see something they want or they have something they want to get rid of at the time.

There are enough Hide members to make it viable I am sure, if 1/10th of them have as much crap laying around as I do it will definitely work.

U guys don't take a ton of stuff like a shopping spree let the love be passed around. Some guys are posting stuff with obvious value they are posting to be nice not because they can't get money for it or don't need it like 22 ammo, bullets, etc.

I have a like new (40 rounds) AAC 51t 308 muzzle break 5/8x24 that i will throw into the pot. If you want it pm me an address and I will send it your way. Gone to RHunter That didn't last long.

Merry Christmas

Mike

Last edited:
PM sent to Mike for the Brake..

Ok, for my 6th item to add to the exchange I have a NIB set of Weaver Tactical 30mm rings.. Says extra high but only rated for a 50mm OBJ lens. These are 6 hole rings that use torx screws, comes with a wrench and instructions that tell you to unload the gun before you install them.

Last edited:
I have a set of Warne 30mm Maxima rings Medium height also an A2 stock and a Hogue grip that was a take off from my RRA AR 15.

Warne rings Gone.

Last edited:
I'll play. I have several Colt M4 stocks and M4 double heat shield hand guards if someone needs one.

I will also ship some smoked sockeye and coho salmon that has been jarred. Regular or Jalapeno. I'll include a recipe for Alaskan smoked salmon dip and salmon patties. This isn't store bought.

BearGuide, Is there any Regular Salmon left I would like some if possible.

I'll take the Savage short action base.

I have a Raven Concealment holster. OWB for a 4" 1911 with a Streamlight TLR-1
Also have a Glock 19 IWB. It is similar to the Raven but made by a no name and is super comfortable. Not set up for a light.

Both in great shape, a tiny spec of rust on the screws but doesn't hurt much and could be cleaned.

I'll try to think of some other stuff to post to be fair.

Last edited:
I also have a Remington 700 Long action SPS synthetic stock. Wish I had seen the .22lr. Need some for my son whom I just bought a 10/22 for Christmas. A gun without ammo is useless.

I also have a Remington 700 Long action SPS synthetic stock. Wish I had seen the .22lr. Need some for my son whom I just bought a 10/22 for Christmas. A gun without ammo is useless.

I got you covered on the 22lr. Send me your address and ill put some plunking ammo together. Always want to encourage the younguns

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

If anyone has a nice set of medium 30mm rings I'm after some! Hate to be picky Lol
Also trying to hunt down some 62gr match 223.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

I'm gonna post some more goodies

Last edited:
More stuff as promised!

Gen4 G19 mag(new) 15rd
Glock 21 13rd mag in good shape
No name 1911 mag GONE
Older Colt 1911 mag GONE

I'm sure these will get gone. A good contributing community member can pick two. Noobies like me 1 per!

1911 mags gone to Sean the Nailer

Last edited:
This thread was a great idea!! I have given away some stuff I can't use (and some that I can) and got some stuff that I needed.

I'm putting up a set of low 30mm SWFA S/S rings. I got them new and couldn't use them because they were too low.<----GONE

If you have gotten anything from me it will ship out Monday.

Last edited:
that wasn't meant towards anyone specific as i'm not on enough to honestly follow anything. I just noticed a lot of the same names posting. If all parties are happy then its all good but this was meant as a show of holiday spirit among shooters. I think a bit of a pessimist that everyone will play fair and not take advantage when they can. Most have good intentions but we all know that the second the prices sky rocketed everyone was trying to get what they could and what they could make money on. It isn't rare to see people buy something when someone prices something fair and then turn around and sell it on gun broker, etc.

I agree everyone needs to be fair, however alot of the people that are taking stuff are also the majority of the people that are putting new stuff up daily. As long as everyone is happy, rock on.

Send me a pm ill send 200 rounds but you must post pictures.

I will toss in some 6.5x55 norma brass. 85 pcs. About 60ish pieces of 22-250.

22-250 gone

Last edited:
Forgot to add 1 unused box 204 39gr Blitzkings. These are out of stock in a lot of places and I know someone wants to load some varmint loads for the spring. I'm not going to have the intended rifle complete by then.

Any 22s left? I just found thid, great idea! I'll see what I can add to the mix.

QUOTE=CMH;2860329]I could use that SeekonK. Will put up two boxes of 333 Winchester 22 shells - one each for two participants.[/QUOTE]

More stuff as promised!

Gen4 G19 mag(new) 15rd
Glock 21 13rd mag in good shape
No name 1911 mag
Older Colt 1911 mag

I'm sure these will get gone. A good contributing community member can pick two. Noobies like me 1 per!

Mr. Grubbs, I'll take those two 1911 mags, (for my Lady) and I'll be putting something(s?) else(s?) up here today. PM sent.

175 gr Sierras are gone. Donut was second but in the giving spirit I'll send him 500 bullets as well. I'll ship bit all like the 6th of Jan. Hope all had a Merry Christmas. Was that AAC brake above spoken for?

175 gr Sierras are gone. Donut was second but in the giving spirit I'll send him 500 bullets as well. I'll ship bit all like the 6th of Jan. Hope all had a Merry Christmas. Was that AAC brake above spoken for?

I know you aren't supposed to argue about a gift, and just accept graciously. But man... you don't have to do that! Seriously, that is too much.

1461257_685349164828884_1878500636_n.jpgI have a diamondhead 7 inch drop in handguard, railed gas block, and a barrel nut I will throw in if anyone is interested in those- GAS BLOCK GONE TO .30Nate

also have an A2 stock, and grip.

the factory brake from a savage 110ba- GONE TO duckassasin1

a set of millett 30mm rings cerakoted blue. if you want to repaint em they would make a decent set.

more to come once I get a chance to look around a bit more.

if you see something you want post on here with a quote and drop me a PM, ill get it in the mail. merry Christmas and happy new year.

thanks for the great thread joe.

Last edited:
Herofish,

I will take the 243, and I will post up
140+ once fired Hornaday Brass.

I also have a box 50 ct 9mm 115 gr round nose. All brass not steel.

gents - I still have the following available :

1. Winchester Varmint 22-250 40 round box high velocity 40 gr JHPs
2. Hornady 243 win 20rnds 95gr SST

Herofish,

I will take the 243, and I will post up
140+ once fired Hornaday .308 Brass.

I also have a box 50 ct 9mm 115 gr round nose. All brass not steel.[/QUOTE]