• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

amazing - i dont even need glass but might jump in on this

still climbing past 5000, I think 10k is going to be tough to get but it's achievable.

I just hit submit on my order... Thanks SH and SWFA! Nice work.

2 ordered with a 3rd coming once I get funds secured. Thank you Frank, this buy just made it possible for me to scope all of my rifles with a matching, quality optic.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guy2205</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no dam good to me they don't export </div></div>

You could always move.
grin.gif

Just put in my order for the scope with Butler Creek caps. Thanks SWFA and SnipersHide!

I made an error in my order and forgot to add shipping insurance, doh! I e-mailed SWFA and I'm sure they'll make everything right.

You should be fine up to a 40moa base with as much adjustment as it has.

Got my order in!

I emailed SWFA about the sunshade. Stephanie from customer service said “It could be a possibility, but at this time there is not one for it.”

So if anyone finds one that fits once these get in our hands please post

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lafayette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">amazing - i dont even need glass but might jump in on this </div></div>

I know, I just bought a 308 lower and 3 223 lowers the other day because they were a good deal (<400$ for all of them). I don't know what I'm going to do with them but dammit, it was a good deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bases 20 or 30 moa for this scope. Has anybody answer this? </div></div>

I think in LL's video he had it in a 20MOA base and he had 22? mils of up which is incredible. It sounds to me like unless you need more than 12-13 mils of up a flat base should be more than fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my order in!

I emailed SWFA about the sunshade. Stephanie from customer service said “It could be a possibility, but at this time there is not one for it.”

</div></div>

shocked.gif
Chris, if you're reading this, PLEASE bring a sunshade to market for this! Us AZ guys would REALLY appreciate it when shooting on sunny days (300+ days out of the year)! Thank you, sir.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Basher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my order in!

</div></div>

shocked.gif
Chris, if you're reading this, PLEASE bring a sunshade to market for this! Us AZ guys would REALLY appreciate it when shooting on sunny days (300+ days out of the year)! Thank you, sir.
smile.gif
</div></div>

I wonder if something Tenebrex makes might fit it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Basher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
shocked.gif
smile.gif
</div></div>

+1

I'll be ordering 2 if not 3 of these. This is too good of a deal to pass on a great piece of glass. I'm trying to hold off my temptation until later on and possibly get the 10K discount, and maybe they'll have a sunshade by that time....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topgun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long is the coupon code good for?

Can't afford one at the moment . . . </div></div>

read original post in this thread...... 30 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surely some other 50mm sunshade will fit it. </div></div>

Objective is the same OD as the 3-15 Weaver Tactical... someone should see if the threads are the same...

John

Great Caesar Ghost...

I can't believe so many are freaking over a Sunshade...

Here crappy iPhone photo

SH_FLG_SWFA520xsun.jpg

Nightforce, fits, I only tried one other the Bushnell, it didn't.

It's a sunshade, not magic beans.
wink.gif

Yes there will be a sun shade. Once we know more you will know also.

Are those production pics? The sample that JonA posted had a different battery cover.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Caesar Ghost...

I can't believe so many are freaking over a Sunshade...

Here crappy iPhone photo

SH_FLG_SWFA520xsun.jpg

Nightforce, fits, I only tried one other the Bushnell, it didn't.

It's a sunshade, not magic beans.
wink.gif

</div></div>

Scope accessories and features are today what cup holders were in vehicles in the early 2000's...

You could give someone a scope and they'll bitch about a zero stop that 2 years ago they didn't know existed...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Scope accessories and features are today what cup holders were in vehicles in the early 2000's...

You could give someone a scope and they'll bitch about a zero stop that 2 years ago they didn't know existed... </div></div>

This made me laugh my ass off because of the truth in the statement

That's why you need a rail that makes the bottom of the scope's elevation the zero stop
laugh.gif

So is that optional? It's cool either way but I like the cleaner look of just the slotted cover.

Mike

What happened to the swfa's post?

Damn I hope there are some left by the time I can order!

If I call can I pay with cash/check/money order? Or is online CC the only way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I call can I pay with cash/check/money order? Or is online CC the only way?</div></div>

I'm pretty sure they take wives in on trade.

I like the "BAD ASS NEW BATTERY COVER" for the "BAD ASS NEW GLASS"!!!!

I was already designing a MOLON LABE special cover for it... hehe.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I call can I pay with cash/check/money order? Or is online CC the only way?</div></div>

I called in my order which saved my spot in line at the time of the call, then I mailed in a check!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I call can I pay with cash/check/money order? Or is online CC the only way?</div></div>

I called in my order which saved my spot in line at the time of the call, then I mailed in a check!
</div></div>

Great! Thanks dantrom!

It may cone down to shipping schedule for me. I have another class mid June and would simply have to have it or something else by then.

Lots of great information on the SS 5X20X50, but what set of rings should I buy for this scope?

Man does this look like a great scope. It seems like they have combined everything I have been looking for into one scope with a good price. I think i need one. I do have a couple of questions thought before I order:

1. Will these scopes come with the zero stops?
2. What is the warranty on these? Lifetime? What's covered?
3. Do the numbers on the windage dial start with "1" for left and right wind, or go from "1" to "10" all the way around ?
4. How long will the wait be if i place an order in mid-June? Do I have the ability to cancel the order if the scope does not ship after several months?

Thanks

Ordered one for the .308. Hopefully it will come in before the 30 day window on the group buy expires so I can have a little hands-on time to decide whether or not to buy a second.

Let's say the likes go to 10K BEFORE the 1st production wave ships. Can all of us who ordered at 5K+ cancel our orders, then reorder and get the rings?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man does this look like a great scope. It seems like they have combined everything I have been looking for into one scope with a good price. I think i need one. I do have a couple of questions thought before I order:

1. Will these scopes come with the zero stops?
2. What is the warranty on these? Lifetime? What's covered?
3. Do the numbers on the windage dial start with "1" for left and right wind, or go from "1" to "10" all the way around ?
4. How long will the wait be if i place an order in mid-June? Do I have the ability to cancel the order if the scope does not ship after several months?

Thanks </div></div>
#3...
http://www.aadmount.com/SuperSniper/5-20X50HD/PICT0047.JPG
For the answers to the rest...I would call SWFA in the morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's say the likes go to 10K BEFORE the 1st production wave ships. Can all of us who ordered at 5K+ cancel our orders, then reorder and get the rings? </div></div>
I'm thinking SWFA posted "once you order it's a done deal" or something like that. I'd say that's part of the game and why I haven't ordered yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bayou</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's say the likes go to 10K BEFORE the 1st production wave ships. Can all of us who ordered at 5K+ cancel our orders, then reorder and get the rings? </div></div>

Geebus....
crazy.gif

Bayou said:
Let's say the likes go to 10K BEFORE the 1st production wave ships. Can all of us who ordered at 5K+ cancel our orders, then reorder and get the rings? [/quote)

You are way out of your league. Put down the scissors and report back to first grade.

Just wanted to give a huge Thank You to the boys at SWFA and LL for making this deal happen. Also wanted to mention that the guys at SWFA are awesome to deal with. I purchased a SS 10xHD back in Nov 2010 and when I saw the new 5-20 I immediately wished that I would have waited for it to come out....No worries. The guys at SWFA gave me a <span style="font-weight: bold">GREAT </span> trade-in for my 10x towards the 5-20. When you have a company that takes care of its customers like this its a wonder that people deal with anyone else.

Thanks again to all that made this happen, you truely made it possible for me to jump into a higher level of optics that I would have otherwise been waiting a couple of years to explore.

Can anyone guess or comment on how this would compare to the NF 3x15? I know its a different magnification but beside that. I guess Im looking for anyone who has owned an HD SS scope to comment or guess.

Glass?
Robustness?
Repeatability?
Overall quality?

I heard LL say in the video it compares to the Vortex which I have never seen or looked through. The vortex is also cheaper than the sales prices of this scope which is not encouraging.