• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoldaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we hit 10k "likes", will the $500 off and free rings deal still be valid? </div></div>

The group buy is over. Period. It will not happen again. I thought Chris was pretty clear with his post 4 up from yours.</div></div>

I'm glad you thought that he was clear. I am quite happy to see the level of communication that SWFA provides to us. However, I did have that one specific question regarding the final "goal" and the timeframe, as if you try that coupon code on the SWFA website, their server responds with "The coupon code you've entered is not yet activated". That is why I was asking for clarification on one specific point, not questioning the group by rules in general. Either way, it was a heck of a nice promotion for SWFA to offer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoldaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm glad you thought that he was clear. </div></div>

So this is not clear to you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">
Sorry, the deal ended a while back. It ran for 30 days and is gone forever.</span>

Since it ended we are getting a very large amount of calls, PM's and e-mails asking if they can get the Group Buy price still and we have to regretfully inform them all that <span style="color: #FF0000">the deal is over and no exceptions can be made to reactivate the Group Buy price.</span>

On another note we are still chugging along on orders and I think we might make it out of the first days orders very soon.</div></div>

I take shit from no one and I wish I was 3min3m cos he his cool and by the way I also take shit from now one even though im only 17 coz i only liked snipershide for $500 so where is my coupon I take shit from no one

Today I received confirmation of shipment through emails from SWFA and UPS. I ordered mine at 3:03 pm CST on 5-18-11, not long after we reached 5000 hits. My only question is whether or not I should have sold a Benelli to pay for a second scope. Either way, Sniper's Hide rocks, and SWFA rocks. Oh yeah, so does the USMC.

Woohoo! Day one almost over! Too bad I am at the end of day two... Shouldn't have spent so much time contemplating. hehe
Keep up the great work SWFA!
Kevin

I ordered the second to last day, now I am keeping myself occupied accumulating parts for the rifle to go under it. At this point I have a STRIPPED lower, STRIPPED upper, bolt carrier, panther grip, and an ADM Mount. (Going to be a 264 LBC-AR) I am in no hurry for a scope. I have always done things backwards, get a good deal on accessories then have to get a gun to use them on. Buy a holster need a pistol, get a scope build a rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: springer01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoldaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm glad you thought that he was clear. </div></div>

So this is not clear to you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<span style="color: #FF0000">
Sorry, the deal ended a while back. It ran for 30 days and is gone forever.</span>

Since it ended we are getting a very large amount of calls, PM's and e-mails asking if they can get the Group Buy price still and we have to regretfully inform them all that <span style="color: #FF0000">the deal is over and no exceptions can be made to reactivate the Group Buy price.</span>

On another note we are still chugging along on orders and I think we might make it out of the first days orders very soon.</div></div> </div></div>

springer01, if you are still confused, please re-read the details of my post. If things still don't make sense, feel free to PM me for further clarification. Otherwise, congrats to everyone who got in on this good deal.

Once SWFA gets out of the first day of orders, the volume of orders per day should be lower and they should be able to knock out subsequent days more quickly. At least till they get to the last week when everyone had talked themselves into buying a second scope.

Now I'll STFU and present this to our resident badass that doesn't take no shit from nobody.

Golden+Internet+Troll+Award.jpg

To everyone else keep your powder dry,
Goat

Mine should be here today!!!!!!! Shipped 7/13 with delivery scheduled for 7/14. My invoice said I ordered at 12:00am 5/18.

I got my tracking information on my scope last night. I ordered on May 18th at 4:30pm central. Can't wait for UPS to get here with the scope, big thank you to SWFA and Frank!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered the second to last day, now I am keeping myself occupied accumulating parts for the rifle to go under it. At this point I have a STRIPPED lower, STRIPPED upper, bolt carrier, panther grip, and an ADM Mount. (Going to be a 264 LBC-AR) I am in no hurry for a scope. I have always done things backwards, get a good deal on accessories then have to get a gun to use them on. Buy a holster need a pistol, get a scope build a rifle. </div></div>

im with you but all i have is an action and bolt

Got mine a couple weeks back. IIRC, I ordered PDQ after 5K was hit.

In short, the scope is fantastic. Can't wait to test it out this weekend. Didn't think I'd like the mil-diamonds when I first saw the pics, but looking through the scope gives you a whole different perspective. I think I'm gonna like them plenty.

SWFA and Lowlight, I can't thank you guys enough for the hard work you guys put into it to provide a scope of this caliber at the group buy price point. Simply incredible. This scope and this group buy will be talked about for quite some time. Good job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmr57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and what do you mean by that????? You are right, I am new here....you got a problem with that? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jmr57</div><div class="ubbcode-body">guess your right m1.....I got a BIG life and dont have time to hang on a forums every word.....but I take shit from no one, so if someone has a problem with one of my questions or posts, they can ignore it or STFU.
</div></div>
WinningFriends.jpg

The charge just appeared on my CC website. Still haven't received a shipping email but that should be coming soon. My order confirmation email was received on 5/18/11 - 9:03 PM Texas time.

I just received shipping confirmation from SWFA. I ordered 5/18 6pm PST.

Got my tracking number! Thank you SWFA and Lowlite for making this GB possible! As much as an individual may want to say how much they saved. No credit was given for the ammount of money you guys lost vs selling the scope at full price. Your products speak for themselves coupled with your excelent customer service. Many thanks!
Kevin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waynea_91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my shipping notification! I ordered on 5/19 at 1:41pm central.

Wayne</div></div>

Well then it's official, day one is complete!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Well then it's official, day one is complete! </div></div>

Not quite... I ordered a pair of scopes within 5 minutes of the $500 coupon going active and to date I've only received one of them. I haven't been charged or seen a shipping email yet for the second one. Not complaining, just stating fact. If SWFA is trying to get as many single scopes out to different people before completely filling the orders of those of us who ordered multiple scopes I have no problem with that approach... I'm sure someone will bitch about it though, probably those who ordered multiples on the first day hoping to spin them for a profit while they're still new and hard to get.
laugh.gif

They are making progress and I'm happy to see that. The first scope I have in-hand proved it's a hell of a lot of scope for $1000. I can wait quite a while longer for the remainder of my order as I'm not going to find a comparable scope for the price elsewhere. I'll be quite happy if the remainder of my order trickles in at something along a "one-a-month" rate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kiba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waynea_91</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my shipping notification! I ordered on 5/19 at 1:41pm central.

Wayne</div></div>

Well then it's official, day one is complete! </div></div>

Not quite... I ordered a pair of scopes within 5 minutes of the $500 coupon going active and to date I've only received one of them. I haven't been charged or seen a shipping email yet for the second one. It seems as if SWFA is trying to get as many scopes out as possible to different people before completely filling the orders of those of us who ordered multiple scopes and I have no problem if that's the approach they are taking.

Given the value for the price and how happy I am with the one scope I have in hand I have no problems waiting a while longer for the other scopes I have on order-- even if they trickle in at a one-a-month rate. </div></div>

Well maybe not official then but at least getting closer. Hopefully by time I get back to Texas my scope and my rifle will be there waiting for me. Will be a nice coming home/retirement present.

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoldaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we hit 10k "likes", will the $500 off and free rings deal still be valid? </div></div>

I was actually wondering the same thing.

While I didn't have the money when the 5k "likes" deal was active, I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that it would go back on the $500 off sale again with rings included when it hit 10k "likes" and I would pick one up then. I know a couple of my buddies thought that as well, which is why they weren't really in a big hurry to order one during the first deal.

Is this not the case?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I was wondering the same thing.

While I didn't have the money when the 5k "likes" deal was active, I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that it would go back on the $500 off sale again with rings included when it hit 10k "likes".

Is this not the case any more?</div></div>

It was never the case...and I'm not sure how Lowligiht or SWFA could have made that fact any more clear before or after hitting 5000 likes.

I also didn't have a grand laying around to spend on "gun stuff", so I had to (regretfully) sit the group buy out as well.

Doesn't mean I'm any less thankful for LL & SWFA for making such a screaming deal available to all of us.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoldaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we hit 10k "likes", will the $500 off and free rings deal still be valid? </div></div>

While I didn't have the money when the 5k "likes" deal was active, I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that it would go back on the $500 off sale again with rings included when it hit 10k "likes" and I would pick one up then. I know a couple of my buddies thought that as well, which is why they weren't really in a big hurry to order one during the first deal.

Is this not the case?

</div></div>

The sale is over and done with, forever. 10K likes on facebook no longer has anything to do with the sale. We had <span style="text-decoration: underline">one month </span>to get 10K likes on FB to get the seekins rings. We fell short of that goal. However with 5k likes on FB in that <span style="text-decoration: underline">one months time </span>we got $500 off the price.

The sale has ended forever. <span style="color: #FF0000">The scopes are now $1500.</span>

I don't get why people are getting so offended by me and zoldaman asking that question. He got jumped on too when he asked.

I was hoping someone who actually works for SWFA could answer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keyser Söze</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zoldaman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we hit 10k "likes", will the $500 off and free rings deal still be valid? </div></div>

Is this not the case?

</div></div>

The sale is over and done with, forever. 10K likes on facebook no longer has anything to do with the sale. We had <span style="text-decoration: underline">one month </span>to get 10K likes on FB to get the seekins rings. We fell short of that goal. However with 5k likes on FB in that <span style="text-decoration: underline">one months time </span>we got $500 off the price.

The sale has ended forever. <span style="color: #FF0000">The scopes are now $1500.</span> </div></div>

Oh, ok. I didn't realize there was a time limit on the 10K deal. Oh, well.

This is straight from SWFA. ( 40 pages of crap who wouldn't get confused)

Sorry, the deal ended a while back. It ran for 30 days and is gone forever.

Since it ended we are getting a very large amount of calls, PM's and e-mails asking if they can get the Group Buy price still and we have to regretfully inform them all that the deal is over and no exceptions can be made to reactivate the Group Buy price.

On another note we are still chugging along on orders and I think we might make it out of the first days orders very soon. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: boone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> This is straight from SWFA. ( 40 pages of crap who wouldn't get confused)

Sorry, the deal ended a while back. It ran for 30 days and is gone forever.

Since it ended we are getting a very large amount of calls, PM's and e-mails asking if they can get the Group Buy price still and we have to regretfully inform them all that the deal is over and no exceptions can be made to reactivate the Group Buy price.

On another note we are still chugging along on orders and I think we might make it out of the first days orders very soon. </div></div> </div></div>

See, even that is a bit confusing though. (which is why I assume zoldaman asked too)

I thought they were two seperate deals. $500 off and another deal $500 off with rings that would come later. So even though the $500 off deal was gone forever, the $500 off w/rings deal was still to come.

Its looking like I was wrong about that though. No worries...
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The time limit to reach 10,000 is 30 days from when the promo started (May 13 - June 12).

Each coupon also expires 30 days from when it is activated.

If we hit 5,000 today the $500.00 off coupon will be activated and it will expire on June 16.

Scopes won't be here until sometime in June so there is no benefit from ordering now with the existing coupon code.

Once you order it is a done deal. </div></div>

Got my shipment notification and UPS tracking number about 10:30AM PST, I ordered on the 19th.

Thanks to SWFA and SH for the deal. Extra thanks to Skylar @ SWFA for the great customer service. Now it's time to buy a mount.

Got my shipment notice and tracking notice around 10:30 Central today as well. I ordered on the 18th at 19:53 Central.

5/20 at 7:18 CT on the way! Now the dilemma of which rifle to put this on.

This thread never lets me down. lol Thanks LL and SWFA for providing and educational and entertaining thread!
smile.gif

Yay for trolls!

I knew my procrastination would be my demise. Ordered on the 24th, but SWFA is tops in my book regardless.

While this thread is bumped- any of you guys putting this scope on a semi-auto platform?

Looking for suggestions on whether or not a canted mount is needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim-VT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5/20 at 7:18 CT on the way! Now the dilemma of which rifle to put this on. </div></div>

Put it on mine
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lolnorcal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While this thread is bumped- any of you guys putting this scope on a semi-auto platform?

Looking for suggestions on whether or not a canted mount is needed. </div></div>

Yes, on a 24" ARMALITE AR-10T. The SS has 30MILS of total travel. It may need help.

I never have figured out why NF does a 20MOA unimount and not also have a 10MOA unimount for scopes that have 100MOA of built in vertical. Hell, that's +50 MOA for a perfect mechancial zero without external help.

Off the da-da-damn soapbox.

So, I am putting this in a NF unimount while my NF 5.5-22x50 goes in a +10MOA LT-158 for my NIB 20" AR-10T if I find out I won't break a cheek bone trying to get my eye to center in the ocular.

They probably will get switched when I rebarrel the 24" 10T with a 24" pipe from Bartlein.

I thought the SS had 30 mils of total travel? I won't be shooting further than 800 so I assumed I wouldn't need a mount with MOA built in.

Was looking into either the Bobro mount or AD Recon. Only concern is whether or not the eyebox would be moved too far back if I used a mount without any extended relief.

I think my best bet will be to wait for the scope to come in and check it out before I buy one. Thanks for the input guys.

Edit: Just found an AD Recon mount with +20 built in. Don't see it on their website and I might just go with my original idea of getting a standard mount.

Edit again: Ah, I got what you're saying. 15 mils is mechanical zero.

Yea 15 mils will be plenty for your purposes.

15 mils is 50 MOA.

My .308 gets to 1000yards at sea level in less than 10 mils.

Sorry, I'm piss poor at being clear.

If a scope has 30 MILS of total travel, that allows +15 MILS for positive increase of elevation and -15 MILS for decreasing elevation if everything that the scope is attached to is perfect: mount, receiver, receiver to barrel mating, yada

Tolerance stacking can take the fun out of things.

No problem at all, it's more my lack of understanding these new terms. This is my first long range rig and first magnified optic setup of my own, so I've got a lot to learn. I've been reading up and I got what you're saying. Thanks for the help.

My SS on my Remington 700 Sendero has about 23 Mils left with 100 yard zero on a 20 MOA TPS base.

Aron-

For anyone who is unhappy with this deal.. I will gladly issue one of you a "refund" for your scope and take your order.

Let me know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BaileyMoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For anyone who is unhappy with this deal.. I will gladly issue one of you a "refund" for your scope and take your order.

Let me know.</div></div>

I don't think anyone has been complaining about the deal. They have been complaining that they didn't get in on the deal.