• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jabels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my scope today. This this is nice. I don't have a rifle to put it on at the moment, but I couldn't pass the deal up. I have 18 mils up and 16.9 mils down from the factory zero. That is 34.9 mils. Crazy.

Now to just get a rifle to mount it to.

Thank you to SWFA and LL for the great deal on an awesome product.

Justin </div></div>when did you order?when anyone gets their scopes will you PLEASE post your order date to help some of lonely brutha's out.it's killin' me.i ordered aboyt 3/4's way through the deal.june 12 or 13.just trying to get a guage as to where their at,THANKS A TON! and congrats and good luck with your new optics.

I really don't remember. I ordered right around the time the $500 code went live.

My order was within 30 minutes of the $500 coupon went active. I got mine right around 5 weeks or so. Trust me, it will get there.

Not only that, but you are gonna love it!!

DK

I'm thinking SWFA must have severely underestimated the number of scopes that would be ordered, because there is no way they would want people to be waiting months for a scope.

I got mine this Monday, ordered on the first day of the $500 coupon, about 4:30pm. The first day is the biggest hurdle. I think they are startingt o really speed up now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My order was within 30 minutes of the $500 coupon went active. I got mine right around 5 weeks or so. Trust me, it will get there.

DK </div></div>my 5 weeks have came and gone and probably still several weeks out especially if they're out of scopes again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My order was within 30 minutes of the $500 coupon went active. I got mine right around 5 weeks or so. Trust me, it will get there.

DK </div></div>my 5 weeks have came and gone and probably still several weeks out especially if they're out of scopes again.</div></div>

Where did you hear SWFA is out of scopes again? Just curious cause I've been keeping up with the thread and haven't seen that said.

The brown truck showed up yesterday. Ordered June 18, 7:20 pm.

Jim
grin.gif

Edwards, you must have some pull.
I mailed my MO on June 1. I am painstaking waiting for the brown truck to show up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Edwards</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The brown truck showed up yesterday. Ordered June 18, 7:20 pm.

Jim
grin.gif
</div></div>
That would be after the group buy ended, I think someone is pulling our leg...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpc1027</div><div class="ubbcode-body">perhaps he meant May 18? </div></div>

Better hope so or someone might just rob his ass.
whistle.gif

Flyingbullseye

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpc1027</div><div class="ubbcode-body">perhaps he meant May 18?</div></div>

Same thing I was thinking. Hopefully he will chime in and clarify things.

10-4 guys may 18, sorry.

Jim
blush.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Edwards</div><div class="ubbcode-body">10-4 guys may 18, sorry.

Jim
blush.gif
</div></div>

Honest mistake; but I'm sure that like me the others thought the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My order was within 30 minutes of the $500 coupon went active. I got mine right around 5 weeks or so. Trust me, it will get there.

DK </div></div>my 5 weeks have came and gone and probably still several weeks out especially if they're out of scopes again.</div></div>i have no official word that they are out of scopes,i'm just saying if they are.i have'nt heard of anyone getting a shipping notification in a few days though.when i called swfa last week to add butler creek caps and sun shade to the order they said they had no idea when they could ship,they could be next day or after september.sounds to me like they're out of scopes.

Where did you hear SWFA is out of scopes again? Just curious cause I've been keeping up with the thread and haven't seen that said. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My order was within 30 minutes of the $500 coupon went active. I got mine right around 5 weeks or so. Trust me, it will get there.

DK </div></div>my 5 weeks have came and gone and probably still several weeks out especially if they're out of scopes again.</div></div>i have no official word that they are out of scopes,i'm just saying if they are.i have'nt heard of anyone getting a shipping notification in a few days though.when i called swfa last week to add butler creek caps and sun shade to the order they said they had no idea when they could ship,they could be next day or after september.sounds to me like they're out of scopes.

Where did you hear SWFA is out of scopes again? Just curious cause I've been keeping up with the thread and haven't seen that said. </div></div></div></div>

As far as what you were told from SWFA customer service. I'm assuming that's what they tell everyone since that's what they told me, back in june, when I cancelled my scope rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
z71rat said:
My order was within 30 minutes of the $500 coupon went active. I got mine right around 5 weeks or so. Trust me, it will get there.

Where did you hear SWFA is out of scopes again? Just curious cause I've been keeping up with the thread and haven't seen that said.</div></div>

Also I wouldn't "ASSUME" anything -- because any misinformation (that you put out) can be <span style="font-style: italic">extremely</span> misconstrued by the many people waiting for their scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
z71rat said:

Where did you hear SWFA is out of scopes again? Just curious cause I've been keeping up with the thread and haven't seen that said.</div></div>

Also I wouldn't "ASSUME" anything -- because any misinformation (that you put out) can be <span style="font-style: italic">extremely</span> misconstrued by the many people waiting for their scopes. </div></div>not trying to put out any misinformation,just trying to relay what i was told by swfa themselves.was told it could be next week or could be sometime in sept.just trying give out anything i've been told,as i wish anyone else who has not received theirs would.also the people who have got theirs so we can all try and keep track of what's happen'n.by letting us know when when people get theirs vs. when they ordered just helps us know how far along they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
photo-22.jpg
</div></div>that's funny right there.yes,patience is a virtue,not being able to shoot for a couple of months,not so much.just ready to get back to sling'n some lead.

Got the email for the UPS tracking number today. Ordered it 5PM EST the day the $500 went into effect. Will be here Friday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jabels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my scope today. This this is nice. I don't have a rifle to put it on at the moment, but I couldn't pass the deal up. I have 18 mils up and 16.9 mils down from the factory zero. That is 34.9 mils. Crazy.

Now to just get a rifle to mount it to.

Thank you to SWFA and LL for the great deal on an awesome product.

Justin </div></div><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">when did you order?when anyone gets their scopes will you PLEASE post your order date to help some of lonely brutha's out.</span></span> it's killin' me.i ordered aboyt 3/4's way through the deal.june 12 or 13.just trying to get a guage as to where their at,THANKS A TON! and congrats and good luck with your new optics. </div></div>

Received mine on Monday 7/18 - placed order 5/18 @ 9:30 PM Texas time.

Received one on Tues. Ordered on 5-18-11.

Just got the notification tonight and the 2nd one will be here
on Mon. Ordered on 5-23-11.

Thanks to LL and SWFA for an awesome scope.

My scope arrived yesterday and comparing to my other $300 SS is like night and day. This scope is very very crisp and clear with color that pops. Not quite S&B kind of pop but as I looked through this scope the first time all I could say was "oh damn, that's good". I'm digging the reticle as I've mil'd the neighborhood... much quicker and more accurate than my plain old mildot.

The only bummer is I realized I had forgotten to order the BO rings when I opened the box! Hopefully those get here on Friday as this one is going on my new Barnard/Bartlein/CGJackson/AICS rifle from MT Guns.

awww, yeah. 24th order date shipments just around the corner! to those who have received theirs, please, post up some pics on the other ss5-20 threads.

So I have to say im impressed with SWFA yet again. I even threw them a last minute curveball with a SampleList trade in. They sorted it straight away. Im a USO fan but I can't afford USO glass on all my rifles ... so SWFA SS glass goes on everything else. I have yet to be let down by the SS scopes. The "new" SS line offers a LOT of bang for the buck! How about a Family photo (crappy cell phone pic)... Top to Bottom

5-20x50 HD
10x42 HD
3-9x42
1-4x24 HD

xpq815.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blackblue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered 5-23 received shipping notification today. </div></div>

Ordered early morning of 5/24 PST. Thanks for the order date report!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So I have to say im impressed with SWFA yet again. I even threw them a last minute curveball with a SampleList trade in. They sorted it straight away. Im a USO fan but I can't afford USO glass on all my rifles ... so SWFA SS glass goes on everything else. I have yet to be let down by the SS scopes. The "new" SS line offers a LOT of bang for the buck! How about a Family photo (crappy cell phone pic)... Top to Bottom

5-20x50 HD
10x42 HD
3-9x42
1-4x24 HD

xpq815.jpg
</div></div>

Nice looking family, I see were the kids get their good looks.

Ordered 5/24. Should be here tonight. I ordered the 3x9 Mil-Quad and it more than exceeded my expectations. I'm sure the 5x20 will be just as awesome. Thank you SFWA and Snipers Hide for putting this deal together. I discovered this forum just as this thread was started and I feel that I am very fortunate that I was able to be part of this group buy. I can not say enough. Now I am going to save my pennies in hopes that SFWA will offer a spotting scope and/or binoculars in the future... complete with the Mil-Quad reticule.

Again, I can not say thanks enough.

I did the trade-in.
They received my trade on the 26th.
Not sure when they entered my order - when received the scope or when we agreed via e-mail.

Either way my credit card shows a SWFA change as of 15 minutes ago.

Yippee!

(Of course, I'll leave on a 2 week trip before it arrives, I'll bet.)

Oh, fugg yes! Ordered 5/24 @ 9:43pm mountain and just got charged for my scope and accessories!

In the last week we went from Day 1 to Day 6... looks like things are moving along pretty quickly. If it continues at this rate I will see my scope in 2-3 more weeks.
laugh.gif

BUT IF ITS NOT 2-3 weeks, that's ok too! :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the last week we went from Day 1 to Day 6... looks like things are moving along pretty quickly. If it continues at this rate I will see my scope in 2-3 more weeks.
laugh.gif

BUT IF ITS NOT 2-3 weeks, that's ok too! :p </div></div>

Read below what was stated by SWFA earlier in the thread. I fall into the "Ordered at the last minute" category myself so I know I'll be waiting a bit. No worries though it'll get here when it gets here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There was a massive amount of orders the first day but they don't even remotely compare to the orders on the last three days.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did the trade-in.
Not sure when they entered my order - when received the scope or when we agreed via e-mail.

Yippee!

(Of course, I'll leave on a 2 week trip before it arrives, I'll bet.)</div></div>

What is this trade-in you are talking about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

What is this trade-in you are talking about? </div></div>

Check samplelist.com or the Sample List link off SWFA's web page, you fill out an appraisal form and they will either buy your used optics outright or they will take them on trade in for something else.

I ordered the morning of the 24th, about 7-8 AM EST. Was billed today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still loving mine.....all of them. More pics and details to come!

16kufxe.jpg
</div></div>

Jason, did you dump your Hensoldts for these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm still loving mine.....all of them. More pics and details to come!</div></div>

You already have 3 of them in-hand? Cheater!
grin.gif

I have 1 in hand and am patiently waiting for the others to arrive, including one "spare" scope. Fortunately or unfortunately in the last few days I'm reaching the conclusion that I need an AIAE Mk2 in .260 to put under the one "spare." I knew that buying a spare scope was going to cost me in the end as it does no good without a rifle under it...

UPDATE: I ordered my group buy scope at 7PM on 5/25 upon my return from vacation. Today I received tracking information for my scope, due for delivery on 7/27... exactly two months after the order. In other news, my new Savage 11 Long Range Hunter in .260 Remington arrives the day before.
smile.gif

Just curious...for those who are just getting theirs - what is the number written on the side of the box? I got mine about 3 weeks ago and my number was 1390. This should be an indication of how many they sold 6 days in. Methinks they may have started numbering at 1000.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just curious...for those who are just getting theirs - what is the number written on the side of the box? I got mine about 3 weeks ago and my number was 1390. This should be an indication of how many they sold 6 days in. Methinks they may have started numbering at 1000.
</div></div>

That's the serial number. I had mine before they shipped any others, it's like 1433 or something, I don't think they are going in order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Jason, did you dump your Hensoldts for these?</div></div>

Dump is such a harsh word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dump is such a harsh word. </div></div>

The Hensoldts are being discarded?! Blasphemy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did the trade-in.

Yippee!

(Of course, I'll leave on a 2 week trip before it arrives, I'll bet.)</div></div>

What is this trade-in you are talking about? </div></div>

I traded in my current scope against the $1000 for the SWFA with the HIDE500 discount. $200 scope! Hurray !

Plus rings, plus caps, plus mildot master, plus shipping,.............

And yes, I got the shipping notice and the shipping e-mail. Expected delivery is the day I leave for a 2 week motorcycle camping trip.
sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adam B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Dump is such a harsh word. </div></div>

He found some sucker who would give him his money back... some of it anyway.