• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

I'm complaining because I'm in Nebraska and my scope is in Pennsylvania on my rifle
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BaileyMoto</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For anyone who is unhappy with this deal.. I will gladly issue one of you a "refund" for your scope and take your order.

Let me know.</div></div>

I don't think anyone has been complaining about the deal. They have been complaining that they didn't get in on the deal. </div></div>

Hmpf, darn. Thought I'd get lucky.
smile.gif

This is probably a stupid question but why dont the scope makers make the center off center? Who needs -15 mils of travel? Why and when would you ever need -15 mils of travel? Why not make the scope centered at -10 mils so that you have +25 mils of up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DavidAR10</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, I'm piss poor at being clear.

If a scope has 30 MILS of total travel, that allows +15 MILS for positive increase of elevation and -15 MILS for decreasing elevation if everything that the scope is attached to is perfect: mount, receiver, receiver to barrel mating, yada

Tolerance stacking can take the fun out of things. </div></div>

Just got my ship notice yesterday, my original order date was 5/18.

Yesterday I got a shipping confirmation on the second scope I ordered on 5/19 at 2:05pm.... tracking says it will be delivered today!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is probably a stupid question but why dont the scope makers make the center off center? Who needs -15 mils of travel? Why and when would you ever need -15 mils of travel? Why not make the scope centered at -10 mils so that you have +25 mils of up?
</div></div>

If you have -10 and +20 travel, then you aren't in the center.... The center of a circle can't be closer to one side than the other.

Think about what you just said...a center is a center. you can't have a center that is off center.

Ouch. I just realized I didn't order until I returned from vacation on 5/25. This could be a long summer, but it looks like SWFA is getting them out the door.

Scopes perform best when they are in the center of the adjustment range. A sloped base is not just so you can shoot farther. It is also so when you are shooting farther it keeps your erector more in the center of the scope tube. The optics are better as the light will be traveling at a straighter line, the adjustments will be more accurate, less tension will be put on the springs, etc.

That is why many hunting scopes only have 40 moas of adjustment, because you put them close to the center and leave them.

It always cracks me up when people buy scope with 50 moa and then add a 20 moa base and want to have a 100 yard zero and shoot to 1000. Sure it works sometimes, but at both ends you are push your erector to the limits, it is hard on everything. You need to buy the scope that fits the type of shooting you plan to do. Not the other way around. There is a reason tactical scopes cost more.

got an email from SWFA!!!!

It said my scope was on backorder. What a total blue balling email...lol

I'll just have to enjoy shooting with my other scopes for now.
smile.gif
Thanks LL and SWFA!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AustinCQC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got an email from SWFA!!!!

It said my scope was on backorder. <span style="color: #3366FF">What a total blue balling email[</span>/b]…lol

</div></div>

That's funny.
I got the same email…..then…..a day or two later….I got the email I was waiting for.
Tomorrow should be d-day.

Ordered 5/20 at 9:22pm CDT. Shipped today (7/15).

Thanks to SWFA and Lowlight for putting this group buy together.

ft308w

Good to hear we are on day 3. Things are looking like they are picking up.

Flyingbullseye

Came home to mine today. Hadn't checked this thread or my cc account in a while, so it was a nice surprise.

I have read ever page on this post so far and it's like a drug I have to keep comming back for more LMBO
grin.gif

Question does anyone have a idea how many scopes have been shipped out so far just currious? I know someone said they received more orders than expected which is great bc SWFA is a top notch company and customer service has always been great for me.

I got a email from SWFA a couple days ago about the backorder status and I ordered the second to last day lol so no doubt the system was bogged down. I can't wait to get mine in and I haven't seen one in person but know it's worth the wait PERIOD. I just need it by hunting season so they can take there time. So when's my scope going to ship na jk. LOL

The cure for being impatient.

Do what I did, just pick up a 10x hd with the MQ so you can get a taste of the SSHD line, and shoot with the MQ reticle. I ordered and it came in three days.

Mounted up on my GAP for now, it will get moved over to the LTR once the big dog arrives.

Yea I thought about it but I was prob gana go with the 3-9SS and use it on my 223 when I was done. That group buy is a good deal to.

If I keep buying stuff I'm gana end up paying alimony.

Then I'd be the first one selling a 5-20SS on the hide lol I don't know if I can live with that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CPOUTLAW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea I thought about it but I was prob gana go with the 3-9SS and use it on my 223 when I was done. That group buy is a good deal to.

Then I'd be the first one selling a 5-20SS on the hide lol I don't know if I can live with that. </div></div>

I think several hundred guys may have just tried to put a hex on your marriage...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scap99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CPOUTLAW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea I thought about it but I was prob gana go with the 3-9SS and use it on my 223 when I was done. That group buy is a good deal to.

Then I'd be the first one selling a 5-20SS on the hide lol I don't know if I can live with that. </div></div>

I think several hundred guys may have just tried to put a hex on your marriage...</div></div>
Several thousand...

I got impatient too.... started lusting after all the pictures and reviews of the 5-20 so i have to order me a 3-9.... i am so impressed with it that now i'm deciding between the 10x HD or the 1-4x.... sigh need em both i guess.... this is killing my bank account. ;/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CPOUTLAW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea I thought about it but I was prob gana go with the 3-9SS and use it on my 223 when I was done. That group buy is a good deal to.

Then I'd be the first one selling a 5-20SS on the hide lol I don't know if I can live with that.</div></div>

Thus is the addiction.... rifles, pistols, reloading, hunting, glass..... the list goes on and on, and has ruined a many bank accounts and some marriages.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw this thread. Which coupon code is active? How do I use it? </div></div>

Coupon Code: FULLPRICE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw this thread. Which coupon code is active? How do I use it?</div></div>

Coupon code activated 5/18 -- expired 30 days later

Keep your powder dry,
Goat

Just in case anyone is considering the 3-9 as a holdover, you will not be disaappinted. I have two and they performed admirably enough over my mid-tour shooting sessions that it forced me to add an extra 5-20 to my order.

Got a call from them I think on Wednesday regarding my scope and payment. Some problem with the card, but 2 days later it arrived... Albeit, I am in Costa Rica for three weeks. Good service guys. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw this thread. Which coupon code is active? How do I use it? </div></div>

Coupon Code: FULLPRICE </div></div>

Awesome.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COfox</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw this thread. Which coupon code is active? How do I use it? </div></div>

Coupon Code: FULLPRICE </div></div>

Awesome. </div></div>

Every time I think about taking this thread off my watch list because I already received mine, something always comes up that makes me laugh.

After ordering the 5-20 I just couldn't wait to get one of their scopes in hand so I want ahead and ordered the 1-4HD and 10HD scope packages. These SS scopes are amazing! Plus, by ordering these other two, it is making my wait for the 5-20 much more bearable!

I need to unsubscribe from SWFA updates. I keep checking my email and seeing new messages in my inbox from SWFA only to find out that it is NOT the confirmation of my order being shipped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1a convert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just saw this thread. Which coupon code is active? How do I use it? </div></div>
AND pretty obvious you didn't READ *enough* of it.

Please accept my condolences on being too late to the party.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbeckwith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to unsubscribe from SWFA updates. I keep checking my email and seeing new messages in my inbox from SWFA only to find out that it is NOT the confirmation of my order being shipped. </div></div>

I'm in the same boat. I checked my e-mail and almost crapped myself when I saw one from SWFA. It was only an update.
frown.gif

must have already went through their second batch,have'nt heard of anyone posting getting shipping email in a couple of days

Just took my SS out for the first time yesterday. All I can say is "WOW!" Put simply, it was easy to use. That's the word that kept popping up in my head, "Easy." Super clear, generous eye box, intuitive reticle, big idiot-proof knobs (that require less than one full turn to go from 100 yds. to 1,000 yds. in .308), just super easy to use.

Homerun, SWFA. Bravo.

Received mine today, ordered 5/18 at 4:12P.M. I've only managed to play with the adjustments and install the BC caps so far. Already happy, thanks again LL and SWFA for putting together this order.

Going to zero it tomorrow hopefully.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbeckwith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need to unsubscribe from SWFA updates. I keep checking my email and seeing new messages in my inbox from SWFA only to find out that it is NOT the confirmation of my order being shipped. </div></div>

I'm in the same boat. I checked my e-mail and almost crapped myself when I saw one from SWFA. It was only an update.
frown.gif
</div></div>

+1

Same here. My coworkers were wondering why i was rejoicing ecstatically.
...followed by an, "ah, dangit."

Mine arrived today. I am very spoiled by my 5-25 S&B and am still VERY impressed with the SS. The optical clarity is quite impressive in diminishing light, the clicks are about as crisp as the nightforces I've handled (not the same as on the S&B but that's not a bad thing, just different) and I really like have 10 mils in one turn. The reticle is not too thin at 5 and not too thick at 20. The reticle design is very functional and though I would have liked a christmas tree type it's not a huge deal.

As mentioned several times before a zero stop might have been nice but with so much elevation in one turn most shooters will never go more than the first turn and thus have no concern over getting lost.

The only thing the jury's still out on is the parallax and illumination combo. Putting them together makes for a much cleaner scope but adjusting the parallax feels a bit awkward, however I'll reserve judgment until I have it mounted on a rifle and have been using it for awhile.

Bottom line initial impression is that for those who got in on the group buy: be patient you got a steal on a rockin scope. For those who missed out on the group buy: $1500 is still a screaming good deal and you won't regret ordering one.

Just got the scope in today as well- it's very solid, first impressions are fairly good. Clicks are VERY solid and pronounced, the overall build quality rivaling some twice its cost.

One question- after focusing the scope in, the illumination is a little fuzzy. I'm not sure how good this technology is but it's not illuminating the diamonds at 20x, but it's just a very rough dot, just enough to make out the mil measurements. Is this normal? I have a little bit of astigmatism so I'm partly attributing it to that. Does anyone have a night shot of the illumination?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got the scope in today as well- it's very solid, first impressions are fairly good. Clicks are VERY solid and pronounced, the overall build quality rivaling some twice its cost.

One question- after focusing the scope in, the illumination is a little fuzzy. I'm not sure how good this technology is but it's not illuminating the diamonds at 20x, but it's just a very rough dot, just enough to make out the mil measurements. Is this normal? I have a little bit of astigmatism so I'm partly attributing it to that. Does anyone have a night shot of the illumination?
</div></div>

The design is just the center cross hair dot to be illuminated, what you are seeing is some small bleed from the dot onto part of the reticle.

Flyingbullseye

I think the original design was just to have a center dot lit up. There is a bit of bleed out to the rest of the reticle. I kinda like it for now. I rarely use illumination and really could have done with out it but for now it works fine.

Mike

EDIT: Pretty much what bullseye said 18 seconds sooner.
smile.gif

Yea I noticed this myself. I was expecting just the dot and find the bleed over less than ideal.

Still, it's not a dealbreaker for me, I very rarely use illumination and doubt it'll be too distracting in the instances where I do need it.

IF it is bleeding onto the reticle, then turn it down.

Thanks! I thoughtt his may have been the case but wasn't sure. I won't use illumination much either but I'd though I'd ask!

This is a quality scope, SWFA. Thanks!

Got one of mine today. Will gave it mounted up tonight. Can't wait to shoot it, so far it looks nice. Feels a lot beefier than expected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Postal0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea what days orders SWFA are shipping currently? </div></div>seem to be all over the place according to people receiveing them but looks they are still on the first 2 days.if i don't hear something in 2 weeks i'm going to bail out.it is a great deal on a nice scope(still un tested though)but i need some optics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> if i don't hear something in 2 weeks i'm going to bail out.it is a great deal on a nice scope(still un tested though)but i need some optics. </div></div>

Friendly advice... if you bail out on this scope, you are gonna be kickin yourself in the ass later on!!

The scope HAS been tested, repeatedly!! It was NOT hype about how good this scope really is. I am a former Nightforce owner, and this scope to me beats it hands down!! The ONLY thing that I liked about my NXS might have been the illumination. Other than that, I would not change a thing on the 5-20SS!! You will be making a huge mistake letting this one go.

DK

Got my scope today. This this is nice. I don't have a rifle to put it on at the moment, but I couldn't pass the deal up. I have 18 mils up and 16.9 mils down from the factory zero. That is 34.9 mils. Crazy.

Now to just get a rifle to mount it to.

Thank you to SWFA and LL for the great deal on an awesome product.

Justin

EDIT: Ordered May 18, 2011 at 19:53hrs MST