• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyDL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hope all is well.i know all about hard times brother.i'm a single dad of a wonderful 13 year old daughter who is addicted to volleyball and all the latest fashions.our public schools around are so bad i refuse to put her in one so i pay about 4700.00 a year in tution alone not counting books and uniforms to send her to a private school.i'm just a electrician.i make descent money,but nothing to write home about.i'm basically a one rifle do all kinda guy anymore and could'nt jump on this deal until i sold another scope.got my trusty .308 and M4 and that's about it.308 is down until my SS HD arrives so i'm chomping at the bit.hope everything works out for you,hate to hear you haveing to sell a manners,they KICK ASS!i don't think it will be long before all SWFA SS will have the new recticle.maybe even better,life will throw you a break and you can keep your new SS HD,manners and all.good luck and God bless. </div></div>

I appreciate the very kind words. Those words mean alot. Unfortunately, being responsible, and knowing when to fold the hand, has led to the sale of the 5-20HD. I do hope you are correct in that SWFA will be coming out with the new reticles in the fixed stuff. I refuse to give up my 16XSS, and I am fortunate enough to have a Manners MCS-T3 GAP Molded stock in production now. So all is not lost, I am just trying to be on the safe side of things... it's called survival!!

May God throw alot of those blessings right back to ya!!

DK

Update: Got the scope today, earlier than expected. Woo hoo!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nimzoblanca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered 5/28. Got the email today - it shipped with a delivery date of next Monday, 8/1. Now I just need to figure out how to unload my USO SN3 (hint hint). </div></div>

my brown box arrived today, initial impression is very good, clicks are positive, image of my neighbors house is crisp.

brain faded and forgot the Butler Creeks, what sizes do I need?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Seuss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my brown box arrived today, initial impression is very good, clicks are positive, image of my neighbors house is crisp.

brain faded and forgot the Butler Creeks, what sizes do I need?</div></div>

19 eye
44 obj

Had it for a few days and just got it mounted up.
To help anyone with base and ring set ups this is a rem 700 aac-sd, EGW HD 20 moa base, & Aad Mount low rings. clears with flip caps by a couple mm.
IMG_20110730_145811.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had it for a few days and just got it mounted up.
To help anyone with base and ring set ups this is a rem 700 aac-sd, EGW HD 20 moa base, & Aad Mount low rings. clears with flip caps by a couple mm.
IMG_20110730_145811.jpg
</div></div>

What sunshade are you using?

Damn that's a close fit. Has anyone heard word when the SS 5-20 sunshade will be out. I have half a mind to just go with the Weaver; it matches up really well.

I had a dream that I got the email from SWFA about shipping. WTF??? I know we've all joked about it...but how the eff did I actually dream that I got the email from SWFA on my phone?? haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that's a close fit. Has anyone heard word when the SS 5-20 sunshade will be out. I have half a mind to just go with the Weaver; it matches up really well. </div></div>

same here. went to their website to get their phone number, but they're closed today.

i'm not sure how far off the weaver is besides what users have posted about their opinion. those opinions are good enough for me except that i'd rather have one specifically made for the scope, even if it costs just a bit more. but if it's too far out then i will go with the weaver. if i could get a definate answer that it'll be 3 or 4 months out then i'd probably go with the weaver. but then again, knowing myself, i'd also purchase the new one made for the ss and swfa would win TWICE!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatphius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn that's a close fit. Has anyone heard word when the SS 5-20 sunshade will be out. I have half a mind to just go with the Weaver; it matches up really well. </div></div>

same here. went to their website to get their phone number, but they're closed today.

i'm not sure how far off the weaver is besides what users have posted about their opinion. those opinions are good enough for me except that i'd rather have one specifically made for the scope, even if it costs just a bit more. but if it's too far out then i will go with the weaver. if i could get a definate answer that it'll be 3 or 4 months out then i'd probably go with the weaver. but then again, knowing myself, i'd also purchase the new one made for the ss and swfa would win TWICE!

</div></div>

My thoughts exactly. I also tried calling today but missed business hours. If I can't find out when the SS 5-20 sunshade will be out in the next few days I'll just go with the Weaver.

Regarding the sunshades...

Skylar and I swapped emails on Thursday regarding a minor issue with my 1-4HD (I had an early one and needed the rubber washer under the battery cover); he said the 5-20HD sunshades are VERY close to being listed on the website. Keep watching the website but I'm sure SWFA will post in here once they are available.

i added a weaver to my order.haven't got it yet but judgeing my the pics i've seen of the weavers on the SS's,don't see a need for SS version unless something does'nt look right once it comes.

Unless SWFA makes their sun shade thicker or threaded on the front like the Vortex PST sun shade, it really doesn't get more made for it than the Weaver. The Weaver sun shade lines up and threads on just like it was made for the scope.

Sorry for the delay, as I was out of town for a week with no internet access, but when I got back today, mine was waiting for me at the post office. I ordered 5-30 at 9:05 A.M., and it was shipped on 7-27. I haven't had the chance to play with it much yet, but the first thing I noticed taking it out of the box was that for it's size, this scope is quite heavy, usually an indication of a robust design. Initial impression is very good. I'll get some pics or a video once it's mounted on something and post it on the pic thread. Thanks again SWFA and Lowlight. I hope everyone considers themselves privileged to have gotten in on this buy. - Max

So out of curiosity, if I placed an order for a SS 5-20x50HD now, obviously I'd be paying full retail price @ $1499. Would I have to wait for all the group buy shipments to go out before they shipped my retail purchase?

I have the reverse problem as everyone else. I was the victim of a hit a run last night, a block from my house. Problem is it is beginning to look like I will have to use scope money for repairs to my truck. I was hoping that someone could (SWFA) give me a even very rough estimate on the time line of a scope ordered on 6-15. I do not want to cancel my order but fear that I may have to. If it is going to be another month to 6wks I can still get it if not I may be screwed.

Please DO NOT PM me asking to get buy my scope under the group buy price. I have had several do this most have 2-4 posts on their profile. I am now going to be able to get it and am not going to sell. Never expected so many would try to "HELP" with my problem by trying to take my good deal.

Ordered 5-29, received it today. So far so good. Too soon to tell how the glass compares but at first look its nice.
They put some thought into the reticle, clicks are distinct, eye box is good. Focus knob is a little hard to operate behind the illumination control but oh well, for the price it's a steal! Very satisfied so far. Thanks Frank!

Did anyone get an order confirmation yesterday? They were up to June 2 as of Friday of last week...

I ordered 6/7 and haven't heard anything yet, but it should be here soon enough! I'm going straight to the DOW range in Buena Vista when I get it to bang steel out to 1k yds.

Ordered 6/2 and was ready for pick-up yesterday. I have it mounted temporarily on my Galil and it's a beast! Like others have mentioned, my illumination is completely washed out in sunlight unlike my SS 1-4 so not sure if this is the way it's supposed to be or if there is an issue...

Don't think I ever really needed illumination in sunlight!

Incoming...
smile.gif

Ordered 17:14 6/3; just received notice from Big Brown.

Got mine today! A day earlier than the UPS confirmation stated.

Ordered 6/3.

Once I get my base and rings, I'll post pictures........

Drew

Ordered 6/3....got the notice today that the big brown truck is headed my way!

SO EXCITING!!! 4 More days to go for me! Finally get to scope my Rem 700 AICS.
laugh.gif

Ordered 6/3, got my shipping notification 8/2 at 1706 hrs CDT. In my hands by Friday! (Suppressing a childish squeal of delight...)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triggerhappy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the reverse problem as everyone else. I was the victim of a hit a run last night, a block from my house. Problem is it is beginning to look like I will have to use scope money for repairs to my truck. I was hoping that someone could (SWFA) give me a even very rough estimate on the time line of a scope ordered on 6-15. I do not want to cancel my order but fear that I may have to. If it is going to be another month to 6wks I can still get it if not I may be screwed. </div></div>

send SWFA an email([email protected]), they may be able to work something out. i had some questions and concerns so i sent them a message and the response was quick and helpful. it never hurts to try.

good luck

ps i ordered June 4th and should receive on the 8th

Mine came a few days ago, on my birthday of all days. The reticle is really, really good. Something about it makes my mind relax, puts me at ease. I thought my PH with the Gen 2 XR was hot, but this SWFA reticle is much easier on the eyes.

I just wish I had bought two or three of these...

-Steve

Ordered 6/4/2011 5:30 AM -- Just got off the phone with SWFA. My scope is in and ready to ship, but the switchview throwlever is on back order.... lol.

Good news is orders are on to 04June now!

Mine is getting delivered today. Not a bad wait time at all. Thanks to the Hide and SWFA for putting this together!!!

I'm on my way to India for work late next week. Please SWFA, please make my 6/5 order ship and deliver before then so I don't have to wait 3+ more weeks!

Is this group buy still possible if they hit the 10K mark for "likes" or is it over?

It is over... but there is a rumor that SWFA might have a couple other scopes on the way in the same vein as the 5-20. Keep your eyes open.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kujo929</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this group buy still possible if they hit the 10K mark for "likes" or is it over?</div></div>

nope.

Ordered 6/4/2011 9:58:17 PM. Just received my shipping info.

Ordered on:
6/5/2011 11:19:48 PM

Just got my shipping info, too! Christmas in August

I ordered 6/3 and no notification. As long as it shows up by September no problems.

With the scope in hand I feel like my money was very well spent! The 10 mil turret is great, the reticle is quite nice (although the diamonds are a little visually complicated), and everything looks solid.

Thanks again SH and SWFA!

Mine was waiting for me when I got home from work yesterday. Haven't mounted it yet, but it looks and feels great!

A big thanks to Frank and SWFA for giving us all this opportunity!

Ordered 6/5, got shipping confirmation last night, scheduled to be delivered on Monday. Tomorrow will be 14 weeks waiting for my T2A, next few weeks are gonna be nice.

UPS needs to look at a map! I saw on my tracking information that my scope arrived in Columbus, Ohio early this morning and then was immediately sent to Toledo Ohio around 11:00. The problem with that is that I LIVE IN COLUMBUS OHIO! The UPS Hub is about 5 minutes from my house. They are sending my scope 2.5 hours north so they can then turn around and send it 2.5 hours back to C-bus for delivery. After 8 weeks of waiting the difference between delivery today and delivery tomorrow is like an eternity. Map fail!