• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

This is my first post. I've been lurking around here for about a month just reading about different products. Now that I've bought a rifle, this group-buy is what prompted me to actually sign up and post. I missed out on the 30 day time period of the $500 off, but I look forward to there being 10,000 "likes" on facebook. I will buy this scope and get some free rings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even when facebook hits 10k the code won't be active.

The group buy is done and gone forever. </div></div>

Dang, that's too bad. I guess so many people jumped on this that they can't keep up with the orders. I guess I would have read that for myself somewhere in this thread, but I didn't read all 45 pages.

I just called yesterday and added the throw levers to my order (this is the second time I've called to add something and the staff at SWFA have always been fantastic!)

If ya'll collect team patches, I'll see if I can secure one or two from our team.

My order date was 6-8-11, so I'm damned near giddy that my shipment time is drawing near. I have two rifles without any glass on them just begging for range time.

Saleen

got my scope today. it's a thing of beauty. didn't get to mount it yet due to the possibility of needing even lower rings than i had ordered. i have to figure that out. this thing is hefty, but not heavy imho.

i'm not sure if i'll order the cat tail or not. the zoom seems fine to me, but again, without having mounted yet, it's hard to say for certain. but i do eagerly await a sunshade. if the date is too far off, i may get the weaver sunshade some of you have posted about.

this is my first quality scope so forgive me for not doing a review. i have nothing to compare it to besides my old shitty scope, but i won't go there.

my rifle is gonna feel brand new to me all over again, and that's a definate good thing. thank you all the crew at SWFA and LL and others here at this forum.

For those of you who are sitting on pins and needles: my 5/29 order shipped today.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bizill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm not sure if i'll order the cat tail or not. the zoom seems fine to me, but again, without having mounted yet, it's hard to say for certain. but i do eagerly await a sunshade. if the date is too far off, i may get the weaver sunshade some of you have posted about.</div></div>

In my experience it's not bad at all to rotate without a cat tail when mounted on the rifle. But if I use the SWFA back to back with my IOR 3.5-18 x 50 (which has an integral short cat tail) I find myself wanting a short cat-tail on the SWFA. IMO it's one of those situations where if you haven't used one you won't miss it.

Needed? Not at all. Convenient and quicker? Yes. Worth an extra $60? That's up to the end user.

Like you, I'm also waiting for the sunshades to become available-- I sure could have used one last Sunday evening when shooting ground squirrels, the glare was horrible when shooting towards the sun. I'm still undecided on the cat tails. While I'd like to have cat tails on every 5-20 I ordered I'm having a hard time coming to grips with coughing up $420 on cat tails...

I ordered 6/2 so it's almost time to go pick it up
smile.gif

+1. Come oooooooooooon 6/2. I need a new scope. Scratch that, I need a scope.

Flyingbullseye

My order date was 5-29, sent an e-mail to swfa this morning asking if I was getting close. They sent a response it was going out today and I got the tracking info an hour later. Don't know if the e-mail helped or not because I saw on here they are on that date anyway, but it sure didn't hurt!

Got my second scope today. For all of you getting impatient, it's worth the wait. In the end I only had to wait less than 2 months I suppose. I've waited over 6 months on a scope before, and even longer on a rifle.

I think all recipients will be pleasantly pleased. It's a whole lot of scope for <$1k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jspearm1983</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrLebowski</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even when facebook hits 10k the code won't be active.

The group buy is done and gone forever. </div></div>

Dang, that's too bad. I guess so many people jumped on this that they can't keep up with the orders. I guess I would have read that for myself somewhere in this thread, but I didn't read all 45 pages. </div></div>

Welcome to the Hide!

I will totally refrain from busting your chops...45 pages is a big enough chunk to be foregivable, for not reading, not searching, and all that.

Hope you've lurked long enough to not get hurt when one of us roasts you. It happens a lot and is sometimes a bit fun.

Where's that smoke coming from???

Still amazed that this thread still lives.

tic toc tic toc tic toc,i'm loosing my tee total F'NEN mind,I NEED TO SHOOT SOMETHING FAR AWAY,i'm having withdraws.hopefully i'm only a week or two away,jun 12 order date.

i've tried my pistols,no help,my M4,a little better but not really.i need to put some glass on some steel ass!can't wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Das Capitolin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">UPDATE: I ordered my group buy scope at 7PM on 5/25 upon my return from vacation. Today I received tracking information for my scope, due for delivery on 7/27... exactly two months after the order. In other news, my new Savage 11 Long Range Hunter in .260 Remington arrives the day before.
smile.gif
</div></div>
Just received my SuperSniper HD, which wears serial number W01580.

Glass clarity is very clean, adjustments are crisp, and construction seems solid. Can't wait to get my 20 MOA base and proper rings.

I ordered 6/20. Got my shipping notification to day.

Just got my rifle back too so things are coming together.

I ordered 5/28. Got the email today - it shipped with a delivery date of next Monday, 8/1. Now I just need to figure out how to unload my USO SN3 (hint hint).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyrolater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered 6/20. Got my shipping notification to day.

Just got my rifle back too so things are coming together. </div></div>

Might want to check your order date. Sure its not 5/20? Bet if you check your order status at swfa website you'll find its on back order. If not some of us may well just intercept your shipment before you get it.

Flyingbullseye

Mine is too damn bright on 11. Is your battery in right side up?

Just received my second on also. Ordered 2 on the 18th of May. Thanks SWFA, Snipers Hide and LL...

Ordered mine on 5/26 and received it today. I did not get any shipping notification, in fact SWFA still lists it as on back order.
The illumination seems kind of weak on mine also. When I get it mounted I can evaluate it better.

Ordered 5/31/2011 4:59 PM

Wife just called me at work and told me that a guy named SKYLAR said my scope was in...

smiley_abused.gif

I missed out on the group buy.... If anyone has an extra they are needing to sell please advise!

Ordered two of them on 6/2. My invoice says the time was 2130 hrs. An authorization for the full amount just showed up on my CC today. Should be getting my shipping notice any time now I imagine
grin.gif

Mucho thanks to Lowlight and SWFA for this excellent group buy!

2k posts on this thread....that has to be some kind of SH record.

I ordered June 3rd, so I will keep my fingers crossed that they have enough scopes in stock to get to my order next week.

The people that I getting the scopes be sure to post pics
laugh.gif
in the SWFA 5-20x50 pic thread......

Aron-

Ordered June 2nd as well. Just received my shipping invoice email.

Flyingbullseye

I'm one of the huge batch that ordered in the last three days when it was clear that the rings were never going to happen (and it was my birthday). I'm hoping to get mine by the time hunting season rolls around, and if I don't I won't cry, at least one of my hunting rifles is dressed now anyway.

So I ordered on the sixth an got my tracking info, email, an got charged an all. I was very surprised that we got to the sixth so quick. Turns out Im a huge dumbass because i ordered on the second not the sixth. Win for being a moron?

Got my e-mail from SWFA today when I got home from work. Ordered May 31, expected delivery date is the third.

Very excited!

Placed my order June 16....I am not in any hurry, it is good to see that they are into June now. I know that the last days of the discount there were three times the amount of orders placed than the first day. Looking forward to receiving mine!

Hmmm, they're moving fast. They've gone from orders on the June 30 24 hours ago to July 3rd today. Should make for many happy campers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flyingbullseye</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyrolater</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered 6/20. Got my shipping notification to day.

Just got my rifle back too so things are coming together. </div></div>

Might want to check your order date. Sure its not 5/20? Bet if you check your order status at swfa website you'll find its on back order. If not some of us may well just intercept your shipment before you get it.

Flyingbullseye </div></div>

Might have been 5/20. slight typo. Anyway, its scheduled for delivery on 8/2