• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Re: SnipersHide/SWFA SS HD 5-20x50 GroupBuy

Nice R2D2 Pic Chris
laugh.gif
hahahahaha

Aron-

So where is my scope?
smile.gif

Is it too soon for that joke?

SWFA - thanks for the update. I can't believe you guys are working without a fully functioning AC. I'm in Austin and our upstairs office AC was out for a week...everybody dreaded walking upstairs for anything.

So from this I understand you are working as fast as you can. Hats off to you for the deal and discount !!! Always heard that you have a "DRY heat", not like the hot air here in the southeast that you can cut a piece of and chew. Have worked in that kind of heat for years (lineman) and it does get to you. And really can wait untill the fall when it cools off some.

By now you have a total count, bought using the discount code, and a estmated time to produce / assemble and ship to Texas? Any guess?
Eagaerly waiting for the one I ordered!

Thank You ALL that were involved in this group buy.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like Frank mentioned many times we have continued to update when we have something to update. Nothing has really changed since the last update.

One thing I can promise y'all is that absolutely no one wants you to have your new SS-HD more than we do. We are very proud of this scope and can't wait for our customers to get them and start using them. I was up here this weekend doing things to help speed up the process. I logged into SH to take a break for a few minutes, once Sat. and one Sun., both times I posted a funny picture to help break the tension. I did not mean to upset or offend anyone by doing so. I just skimmed through, posted a pic. and got back to work.

We are still getting out as many as we can a day and people should still be getting UPS tracking e-mails. I've got some guys that have agreed to stay after hours and weekends so we can get more out, but they want me to get the air conditioner fixed first.
Whatever.gif

There was a massive amount of orders the first day but they don't even remotely compare to the orders on the last three days.

Another thing to consider in regards to people posting order dates and times. I am not certain because I have not looked into, but I think that your time stamp may be time zone specific. So people saying I ordered at 1:34 and have not received mine and so and so order at 1:35 and already has his. He may be East coast and you may be West coast. We just receive X amount and the computer spits out the orders in order of when they were received Texas time. There are some delays with credit card problems, wrong billing addresses, wrong expiration date, etc. that take longer to clear up than others, these orders with problems are having product allocated to them but they are not shipping until all of the information is correct. This might also be a reason for some orders shipping before another that was placed at a similar time.

As mentioned at the first of this post, nothing has changed since the last update. We are still working on the first batch. We are a small family business and don’t have robots and automated picking machines, so we are greatly hampered when order volume exceeds are normal daily average. We hope to get some robots soon, but until then I promise y’all that we are working as hard and long as we can to take care of our customers. We greatly appreciate the business.

R2D2_by_Kierido.jpg

Chris
</div></div>

Chris and SWFA- again thanks for doing this, and taking the time to package OUR scopes WITHOUT air conditioning on a WEEKEND in fuc*ing TEXAS.

Please don't let the haters turn this sweet treat into a sour one. The majority of us are waiting patiently and cannot care less when we receive it, we're just blessed to have this group buy at such a large discount.

Now...where the hell is my scope?! :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want it for a .308 with a 20" barrel that I do not shoot further than 1000 yards. And I would assume (not 100% sure) that it would be cheaper to build than a 5-20. Oh and I would like to see a 44mm objective lens instead of 50. Also hunting wise it would be nicer to me anyway.

Aron- </div></div>

Sound rationale and as good an excuse as any to buy another scope.

wow...this was my first, and seemingly, last participation in a group buy. The savings in this group buy should've been enough to make even the most wealthy among us thankful. Shit. This is over 30% in savings and I would not have been able to buy one without the group purchase. Thanks anyhow for the attempt. Hopefully the deal was worth the hassle for those interested parties. Though I am not certain whether using the individual's website who obtained the deal for us is the most appropriate forum to bring about any negative or otherwise questionable comments regarding said deal. The only thing from our keyboards on this particular site should be, "Thank you all very much for doing this for us!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> We hope to get some robots soon, but until then I promise y’all that we are working as hard and long as we can to take care of our customers. We greatly appreciate the business.

R2D2_by_Kierido.jpg

Chris
</div></div>

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnN17uJQUbc"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rnN17uJQUbc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

A girl robot FTW!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want it for a .308 with a 20" barrel that I do not shoot further than 1000 yards. And I would assume (not 100% sure) that it would be cheaper to build than a 5-20. Oh and I would like to see a 44mm objective lens instead of 50. Also hunting wise it would be nicer to me anyway.

Aron- </div></div>

Sound rationale and as good an excuse as any to buy another scope. </div></div>

HAHAHA anything excuse is a good excuse to buy more firearm related items
laugh.gif
But if there is no other magnification that will come out then I might buy my third SS
laugh.gif

Aron-

Thanks for the update SWFA. With the good reviews of this scope I am having a hard time waiting.

Time for SWFA to pull out the jedi mind trick "These are not the droids you are looking for. You will get your scope when you get it." Thanks for everything SWFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I am at the end of the group by since I traded a scope in ... </div></div>
Yeah, me too.

Signed, scopeless in KC.
smile.gif

It gives me more time to shoot pistols.
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Similar situation here. I hope you guys at SWFA didn't take that meaningless 4th of July holiday off and were busy packing and getting my scopes ready for shipment.

It's gotten so bad that I had to dig in my parts bin for a scope to use while I'm (im)patiently waiting.

sRem700.jpg

If I can pat myself on the back, I think I did a pretty good job with the custom shims.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

once again you have soured me on Group Buys or anything else like this.

As I have stated I get offers for buys all the time and in cases like this, I can add in the marketing capabilities of the site to lower costs beyond what it would normally be. So if a persons lists a group buy on their own most of you can expect to save 10% on it. By added me and SH in the mix I can usually secure closer to 25%...

well good luck that happening for a very long time as you have completely turned me off the process once again. I really appreciated working with SWFA, and would do it again for them, but chances of it happening anytime soon will be slim. </div></div>Dammit man, didn't want to see that ^ but pretty much felt it coming

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

once again you have soured me on Group Buys or anything else like this.

As I have stated I get offers for buys all the time and in cases like this, I can add in the marketing capabilities of the site to lower costs beyond what it would normally be. So if a persons lists a group buy on their own most of you can expect to save 10% on it. By added me and SH in the mix I can usually secure closer to 25%...

well good luck that happening for a very long time as you have completely turned me off the process once again. I really appreciated working with SWFA, and would do it again for them, but chances of it happening anytime soon will be slim. </div></div>Dammit man, didn't want to see that ^ but pretty much felt it coming </div></div>

Well who would have guessed? Some people are never satisfied with anything. SWFA could give the scope away and "some" would bitch because they didn't spring for free overnight shipping. If you don't want to wait then cancel your order and I'll take mine sooner. Maybe some poor SOB that missed out on the buy would be glad to take your place in line.

Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to post. No worries as all real snipers/marksmen/operators have patience. Bitchers are posers.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to post. No worries as all real snipers/marksmen/operators have patience. Bitchers are posers.

Jim </div></div>

Roger that.

I have bought a lot of stuff from SWFA through the years and their service has always been the best. I missed this group buy because i do not own a credit card and i could not get close enough to 1000.00 scraped up to get. I was hoping to have my first FFP scope for a build Mike Bush is doing for me. It really sucks because now i have it, so if someone here is that upset about waiting for their scope and having second thoughts please let me know, I will be more than happy to take it off your hands and wait for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someone here is that upset about waiting for their scope and having second thoughts please let me know, I will be more than happy to take it off your hands and wait for it. </div></div>

I would do the same thing if I had the $

Chris,
Posting images of scope Nazis is not helping with the allegations of SWFA's association with anti Semitics!
laugh.gif

That post was an all time classic and i laughed my ass off when i saw it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That post was an all time classic and i laughed my ass off when i saw it.</div></div>

I saw the Seinfeld soup Nazi episode just a couple of hours before I saw the post.... Needless to say, I was struggling for the next breath!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Flaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Chris,

Jim </div></div>

The motto for our Brigade sniper group was "Patience, Persistence, Perseverance."

Oh and paratroopers - "Good To The Last Drop."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ranger70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its simple... I will get it when
I get it. Jim </div></div>

You mean to tell me that if you bitch and moan and act like a little F^&*#$^ C*&+ you wont get your scope any faster.........
Oh thats right, all you'll do is really piss off the people that worked hard to get us a great deal and almost guarantee no future group buys. Silly me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Engineer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">... I am at the end of the group by since I traded a scope in ... </div></div>
Yeah, me too.

Signed, scopeless in KC.
smile.gif

It gives me more time to shoot pistols.
whistle.gif
</div></div>

Similar situation here. I hope you guys at SWFA didn't take that meaningless 4th of July holiday off and were busy packing and getting my scopes ready for shipment.

It's gotten so bad that I had to dig in my parts bin for a scope to use while I'm (im)patiently waiting.

sRem700.jpg

If I can pat myself on the back, I think I did a pretty good job with the custom shims. </div></div>

That's FREAKIN' Awesome!... I thought I was the only one to keep one of those 3/4" Tascos lying around...(it was on my Crossman air rifle when I was a kid.) Now I know how to put it to work; would you consider making me a set of those shims (for a generous fee, of course)?

And for the negative whiners: Please STFU...or better yet just go away! Your posts contribute nothing of value to this forum. You aren't being charged anything until you scope ships, no-one <span style="font-style: italic">owes</span> you anything in the mean time. Anyone who joined the Group Buy expecting immediate gratification needs a healthy lesson in big-boy patience.

Much Thanks LL and SWFA, please don't let a few ruin it for the many!

So summing up this entire thread.

Scope Group buy......words words words......when will i get my scope......words words words.....stop whining about when you'll get your scope....words words words.....quit bitching at me for whining about my scope...words words words...quit whining about your scope.

rinse and repeat for about 30 pages.

Here's a note on my first personal contact with SWFA.

At 9:41 last night I emailed them to add a set of rings to my order. At 9:44 Skylar emailed me back saying he would do it when he got in to the office this morning. At 7:55 this morning he emailed that he had updated my order.

When I email a company at 9:41 in the evening, I expect to hear back from them sometime the next day or the day after that. I never expect to get a reply in 3 minutes from home. This is my first dealing with SWFA and even though I was never concerned about anything in the first place, this interaction has given me absolute confidence in them.

Since having ordered the 5-20 I made two other orders that i had questions on. My emails were responded to promptly and kindly. SWFA is a class act.

I too have been adding to my order as I wait for the scope to arrive. SWFA has been nothing but wonderful on the phone. This is my first purchase with them and they have a customer for life.
Many Thanks!
Kevin

Can't we just make a list of the complainers and be mean to them until the end of time?
smirk.gif

Great news for those waiting. I have it on good word another batch of scopes is arriving shortly.

startrek2.jpg

Woohoo, maybe number two will arrive soon. In the meantime, I sure am enjoying number one

What the hell is that on the side of that crate?

Stare.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the hell is that on the side of that crate?

Stare.gif

</div></div>

Looks like "super chicken" to me... isn't that the code name you used for developing the line ?

I think the guys at SWFA would rather us refer to it as a rooster.

If anybody's tired of waiting for a scope and feels like they're getting the run around, PM me. I'll be more than happy to pay you what you have into the scope and take your place! I can happily wait 3 months for a scope this good at a price like this. Just sayin...
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats that? Super Cock haha </div></div>that's my trade mark, i'll sue and then have a life time supply of scopes.

I talked to skylar the other day about changing my order due to a base being back ordered. He had it all changed and good to go within a minute. Have also received very quick email replies from him as well for other questions.

Absolutely unbeatable customer service IMO.

Got mine out yesterday for the first time. Very impressed. First mil/mil FFP and had zeroed in 2 shots. At 100yds felt like the 3/4" pasters were under a microscope. Glad I ordered a second on the last day. Next will be getting it out to 600yds in a few weeks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What the hell is that on the side of that crate?

Stare.gif

</div></div>

I can help out! Let me zoom in on it using my SS 5-20X50HD.

Oh, wait... I can't... I don't have mine yet!

Well, then, let me zoom in on it with my Nightforce instead.

Oh yes, very good. Here it is:

swfa1.jpg

Oops, forgot to set my parallax. Hang on. There we go:

swfa1a.gif

wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: problemchild</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great news for those waiting. I have it on good word another batch of scopes is arriving shortly.

startrek2.jpg
</div></div>

Curious, what's the source of this info?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Curious, what's the source of this info? </div></div>
I think it was a joke - see the photo....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DustyJacket</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shane135</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Curious, what's the source of this info? </div></div>
I think it was a joke - see the photo.... </div></div>no dude,i think it was for real.i heard capt. kirk was bringing them over on the enterprise.my buddy spock said it was highly logical.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How does it effect me... easy, you won't drop it and constantly calling negative attention because you feel you are being given the run around, then you go on to speculate, causing more disruption to this thread. Basically because you don't like the way the information is flowing you are turning it negative.

As to your comment I will do what I do regardless, well not true, when people like you fuss and disrupt, constantly posting question and speculation instead of letting it play out naturally, it changes my feelings on the subject. So you absolutely effect things in a negative way. You turned the conservation and set the tone for the last bunch of pages. When you don' t like any answer, you push.

I do have a personal problem with you and instead of pm's I should just black ball you from here, this way we don't have to put up with the constant barrage of your negativity. Basically you're attempting to turn people against this buy as if someone is lying and screwing you. Trust me in this case I would much rather ban then banter back and forth with someone who thinks he has all the answers.

You insult the effort and the process. Turned this thread to shit, it was already locked once because of you, and only unlocked because SWFA felt no kind of heat from it. </div></div>

Looks like this guy Steelcomp loves to complain and make others lives miserable. Any excuse will work, and the more people he can make miserable, the better he feels. I have met a few like that, there is no limit to what they will do. Banning him would be welcomed by many.

-s