• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Fieldcraft So many camos...

Munimula

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Zillah, WA
So many Camo patterns so little time.

I'm trying to decide on a possible new camo pattern for local varmint hunting and paint job for my rifle. I live in a high mountain desert so desert colors are obvious. I've been wearing one of my sets of DCU's and it works fair. But I'm in an area with a lot sagebrush so my tan camo becomes a bright spot in the sage fields.

There are a lot of patterns out there and I'm wondering what might be a good choice that is available in uniforms/gear.

Re: So many camos...

Yeah Coyotes mostly. I'm close enough to civilization that they are pretty edgy.

The other thing is that the set of DCU's I'm wearing is a pair I wore in Afghanistan and they are getting pretty beat up. So they are in need of retirement. So was looking for something that might be interesting and useful.

As for my fancy.

I'm actually doing paperwork to join the Air force at the moment and I really like the look of the the ABU's the air force wears. It's a pixelated tiger stripe.

I agree its not a good choice for desert. But i like the pattern. I'm thinking of painting my rifle in a desert version of it. Dunno. I'll have to find a picture of the pattern and play with photo shop a bit.

+1 for multicam. I wear marpat all the time. Not bad but would take multicam over it

Might have to check into it. Seems there isn't a lot of bags/gear out there in multicam. Only found a few sources for pants jackets in that pattern.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flash22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check @ SKD Tactical for multicam gear and packs.

</div></div>

Good site. thanks for the tip.

paint it a nice flektard pattern or turdflage if you live in missura cuz it blends better there.

I find this camo pattern very desirable.

karen_mcdougal_04.jpg