• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Someone finally speaks the bottom line to Alec Baldwin

That question has a couple of answers. The only position less than 1/4 cock is the hammer fully down. It is not recommended to carry a SAA and clones with traditional hammer, and hammer mounted firing pin, with the hammer down over a live round.

Normally, a high primer in a revolver, double and/or single action, will cause the cylinder to bind. If it didn't bind, the primer would be seated the rest of the way by the hammer when it falls, absorbing a lot of the impact. Normally a high primer that doesn't bind would take two hammer strikes to set it off. One to fully seat it, and the second time it's hit will fire. Now this is from a full hammer drop.

The hammer dropping from the 1/4 cock notch, or safety notch, would be highly unlikely to set off a high primer. Very unlikely.

Now if the gun was dropped from some distance, landed on the hammer in the safety notch, it could shear the notch and cause the gun to fire, as lore has it. Hence the load 1, skip 1, load 4 and let the hammer down on an empty chamber.

If it is true that the firearms were regularly unsecured and people were "playing" with the firearms on the set of a western film, there exists a possibility of it being damaged to include previously shearing the safety notch. Once damaged, would the firearm still be operable in the manner in which he described the event?

If it is true that the firearms were regularly unsecured and people were "playing" with the firearms on the set of a western film, there exists a possibility of it being damaged to include previously shearing the safety notch. Once damaged, would the firearm still be operable in the manner in which he described the event?
More than likely, yes. If people were fanning it, putting significant pressure on the hammer while in any of the cocked positions, or any number of things. Once you start shearing notches, or damaging them in any way through improper handling, then yes the gun can become unsafe.

Pietta’s usually come from the factory slicked up already.

It would take an inspection of the internals, but doing a simple functions check would tell you what you need to know for the most part.

SAA revolvers and their clone’s aren’t fragile guns when properly used, but you can fuck them up pretty easily with improper handling. Metallurgy, geometry, and abuse all factor in.

Reactions: RGStory
Last I looked the Pietta's come with a transfer bar safety. I do believe when those fail the firearm will not fire.

Last I looked the Pietta's come with a transfer bar safety. I do believe when those fail the firearm will not fire.
Pietta has been around for quite awhile, and has produced many SAA clones without the transfer bar. You can still purchase non-transfer bar models, and most people prefer the non-transfer model.

Pietta has been around for quite awhile, and has produced many SAA clones without the transfer bar. You can still purchase non-transfer bar models, and most people prefer the non-transfer model.
I would think the movie set would run the transfer bar and honestly with the lack of experience the armorer shows, she would not know the difference. Your SAS folks would probably enjoy the non-transfer bar pistols for reliability reasons. I have heard of more than a few transfer bars being welded up.

But yes, you are correct.

awesome post^^^^

I never knew John Schneider was such a 2A guy.

It's really nice to have someone with the industry background in movies take the time to dumb this down for the ignorant non-gun anti-gun people.

As one of the "anti-gun people" Alec sure is even more of an embarrassment as he tries to bullshit his way out of his just deserts.

****eta: the comments are great!

Download here:
John Schneider

Subscribe | 234K

Shared December 5, 2021

Share this with your friends if they are still apt to believe that a handgun can load and fire itself.

--------------------
Mick Psyphon

I hear people taking Alec Baldwin's side in this matter, speaking about how "he didn't, or couldn't know" that there was a live round in the chamber, or how it's the responsibility of the Armorer on-set to ensure that the "prop gun is safe."

What John just demonstrated perfectly is what every gun safety course teaches as one of the (if not THE) most important things that you can teach someone who purchases a firearm:

"When you're given a weapon, your first responsibility is to CLEAR THE WEAPON!"

That means, you need to make certain that there are no rounds of any sort that are chambered, or loaded for use in the magazine/cylinder. That includes dummy rounds, blanks, live rounds, or anything else that could obstruct the chamber and/or barrel.

Nevermind the fact that live rounds should never be on the set! That's an entirely separate matter, which is likely the responsibility of the Armorer; and she should face her day in court for her neglect of duty.

What matters is that it's obvious that Alec DID NOT clear the weapon, because had he done so, he wouldn't have killed someone with that weapon. The responsibility for clearing the weapon lay 100% on the shoulders of the person to whom the weapon is being handed. That was Alec; and HE DIDN'T CLEAR THE WEAPON! Regardless of anything else that people want to say, someone is dead, because someone grossly neglected his safety responsibilities.

As for the notion that it was a "prop gun:" Folks, an actual "prop gun" is something that may look and/or sound like a gun, but it can't fire live rounds. It isn't an actual gun. It lacks either a proper firing mechanism, barrel, or even a proper working chambering mechanism. What Alec had in his hands was an actual single action revolver, which was built to fire live rounds. Even had he confirmed that there were blanks in the weapon, he should NEVER have pointed the weapon at someone, while fooling around on the set like some comic book hero.

Baldwin has been acting like an immature teenager. Even if he isn't found guilty of manslaughter, he should never be allowed to go near a firearm, replica, or prop gun for the rest of his life. He has demonstrated no accountability for his actions, which means that he's a high risk for this happening to some other unsuspecting victims.

1 hour ago (edited) | [YT] | 118

Hide replies
Yep, the commies/dimwits (not Schneider, he's always been pro-gun and a R) have done more to secure our 2A rights, than the NRA ever did. Mac

First!

FB_IMG_1638903893651.jpg

Now steal it and post it on every other thread on the hide!

According to The Wrap, Baldwin will be hosting the Robert F. Kennedy Ripple of Hope Award Gala in New York City on Thursday night, making it his first public appearance since the day he shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust.

So who do you think gets shot on set this time?

Feliz navi dead?

He never....saw ....it .....coming.....

The event will unfold at the New York Hilton Midtown Manhattan Hotel and will be attended by Vice President Kamala Harris, failed Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams, José E. Feliciano, and Amanda Gorman.

Last edited:
So I'm still curious how the nomenclature used by Pietta reflects the difference.

Second, is the difference the "floating firing pin" as used by Uberti?

Opera Snapshot_2021-12-08_210009_www.gunsamerica.com.png

I read somewhere that the dummy rounds that are used in movies are so closely made to look and feel like real ammunition that the only way to tell is by shaking them. The dummies are filled with BBs and will rattle. Not an excuse, but an observation.
This is true, and a practice that I'm actively against. A dummy round is loaded sans powder, but with a bb inside to give an audible verification of a dummy. To make doubly sure it's not going to be a possibly harmful squib, the primer must be spent.

Orrrr.... Now hear me out.... We skip the BB and the primer and just have an empty shell loaded with a projo. Nice hole in the back. For some reason this is not the industry standard, but is if I'm on set.

If you really really need to see the ass end of a live round, I could see where the BB trick would be ok. Personally, I'd rather have direction alter the shot so that no primers are needed, with the exception of blanks obvs.

The movie-going public is so gun-unaware that you could load casings with gummy bears (No powder or primer), put them in the magazines backwards, and no one would notice. Of course, some jack wagon actor would probably still blow their head off trying to fire a gummy bear into their mouth...

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Whats the latest? Or does it just slowly fade into nothing?

Man the story I heard was that he went into a rage about Trump supporters and gun owners and emptied the whole cylinder, screaming and foaming at the mouth and shit LOL