• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up South Carolina

Re: South Carolina

Summerville here. Anyone recommend somewhere not to terribly far that can offer some hands on training? Im pretty awful and really need to learn some fundamentals before wasting anymore hard earned money when I know I am a huge part of the problem.

Just moved into the Upstate(Anderson) and will be looking for some folks to shoot with, prefer 600yd to 1K still in an apartment as I transition to the area so hopefully in the next few months things will settle in and I can get up with some of you guys and shoot

Hello Grey,
I live close to Exit 14 off I-85 in Anderson. We mostly shoot at the gun club in Elberton, Ga. At the gun club proper they have 16 covered firing point out to 400 yards. There are two different 1000 yard ranges that the club has matches at. They are trying to have at least one practice or match once a month. If interested in the 400 yard range PM with your work schedule & we will figure out a day we can go shot.
Semper Fi

95LTZ,

Rgr that will do, looking for a house is taking up a good bit of time but will find the time to shoot soon.

I go to school at Clemson and shoot at the Liberty DNR range most of the time. Havent found anywhere close to push my larger guns out to longer ranges.

Hi Fella's
I am overseas at the moment. I should be back in SC early next summer. I'm about half way b/w Charleston and Columbia just off I-26. I would like to get up with some of you guys and do some shooting out further than the 100 yds across the back yard.

pm me
Neel

I'm in Rock Hill. It's hard to find a long range place to shoot. There is a 600 yard range near Columbia across from the Buck and Boar gun club. Call Bob at (803) 413-3976. I have not been there yet.

Distinguished,
What is MCGC and where is it in O'burg? How long are the ranges there? When I get back stateside maybe we can link up?

Neel

Neel, It's Mid Carolina Gun Club. They have a 200 yard rifle range, but we're supposed to be extending it to 300 very soon!. It's located on the Kennerly Rd. just across the Calhoun county line. When are you gonna be back stateside? We can def link up and go shoot!

Eric

Thanks for the invite. I should be back around sometime next July. I am down next to the Dorchester line so that aint really a long haul up to O'burg.

I got a buddy looking for a range with 200+. He's in Fort Mill SC, and there's nothing he knows of. I dont think he frequents this site either.

I live in Mt Pleasant SC. Used to shoot at palmetto gun club 800 yard range but not a member any more.

I've got a 250 yard range here and occasionally shoot long range at a buddies hunt club in the off season. Would be great to find a long range close to Charleston and some other serious shooters to shoot with

Hey guys,

I'm Brian from Columbia, SC. I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully meet up with some other shooters in the aera.

I just bought my first rig, an Armalite AR-10, and looking to find some where to practice the fundamentals and maybe strech the AR's legs a little bit.

Brian

Hey Brian, I'm not far from you. I've got a pretty decent range outside of Summerton with targets at 300, 500, and 650. Although if i dont get out there soon with the bush hog the weeds are gonna block eyesite of the 650. Been shooting pretty much every weekend lately. Let me know if you wanna shoot sometime. I've got one buddy that comes down from Camden to shoot and another that's been coming down from sumter so there is usually someone shooting on any given weekend. Where have you been shooting around columbia?

just joined a private range in Belton, 100&300 yard range rifle, a bunch of pistol and trap stuff too. still have to do their safety cert.

I just moved to Columbia, anywhere to shoot anything around here? All I can find are indoor and sporting clays ranges. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

There is a 300Y range in Swansea for $7 a day. Live Oaks Sportsman's Club. I haven't checked it out myself but plan to soon.

Hey guys, i hope im not imposing on your thread, but i need some help from a member on the hide in the Manning, SC area. A gentleman there has a gun for sale and i would like someone i can trust to meet with him and look the gun over, receive my payment and ship the pistol to my FFL here in Missouri. If anybody here can help me out PM me. Im fully expecting to compensate someone something for their time also. Thanks guys.

I'm in Seneca SC. I shoot at Elberton Gun Club. We have a 400 yard range, full skeet and trap. We also have access to two 1000 yard ranges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just moved to Charleston.... any good LR places around?</div></div>

Palmetto Gun Club, Summerville, SC. Range to 800 yards.

Punisher,
I'm across the RR tracks from you. If you'd like to get together and carpool to the range(s) to save on fuel cost, pm me. I've heard of a range out in Sandy Run that is 650 yards but still searching out details on how to join, currently just shooting @ Indian Creek.

Active, moved to York county recently. PM me if anyone's planning a Carolina GTG now that we're gaining more members.

Just joined here. I moved from Charleston last year but hope to get back next summer. I was a member at Palmetto until we moved. I have family in the Manning area and have done a decent amount of hog hunting there.

Hopefully when I get back to the states next year it will be back to SC and I can meet up with you guys.

I'm in Greenville/Spartanburg Area, shooting pistols mostly at the indoor ranges (Allen Arms, Sharpshooters) and shoot my rifle here and there at out at my Dads farm in Woodruff. Not a lot of room but not a lot needed for shooting .22lr at ~200 yds on the far end. Hearing all these guys say they're shooting in Elberton at out to 1K sounds like a good time and probably worth an hour and a half drive.

I'm looking for a good precision riflesmith here in the upstate or tri-state area to do some stock bedding work, anyone know of any good smiths around here?

I am in Florence. I have access to some land in Bishopville to hunt/shoot on. Ranged some good stretches out to over 1300 with my leica and has a good hill as a backstop. Don't shoot out there much with it being hunting season, but i am going to start shooting some once deer season is over.

Last edited:
I'm getting back into the groove after a divorce and having to sell my rifles to pay the lawyer. I'm currently having a rifle built at Carolina Precision Rifles, still got a few months before it's ready but I would like to find some folks to shoot with. I'm in North Augusta.

RE:SC Shooters

I live just outside Columbia (Hopkins). Love to shoot. Experiance limited to 300+- yards hunting. Have a few bolt action rifles that are alot more capable than me. I have practiced out to 500 yds. I'm retired so my schedule is fairly open. More limited due to funds. I'd love any help with LR shooting.I'm also new to computers and the web,any help with either is greatly appreciated. email:[email protected] THANKS Paul

I live in the Graniteville area, right outside of Aiken. I love to shoot but have only experience out to 100yds. I'd like to start shooting long range and would like to meet some new people to shoot with.

Last edited:
Hey guys! I bounce back and forth between Aiken and Summerville. Anyone on here still a member at Palmetto gun club? What is the wait list like?

Chip

I'm in Abbeville County. I see some posts from guys in Greenwood and Anderson. Close by.

I have a range on my property that goes out to 400 yds and have some steel setup at 100, 200, 300 and 400.
It would be nice to get together with a few like minded guys and burn some powder. I shoot mostly .223 and .308.

snommittj: You and I are actually acquainted and have a few mutual friends. We drove over to Atlanta to a gun show together with Ed a few years back.

It would be nice if we could get as many of us together as possible.We would probably need 30+ days leed time so as many as possible can make arrangements. Somewhere central to as many as possible. I know Columbia is central and I just so happen to live just outside it,but I don't have access to a long enough let alone large enough range. Any suggestions? Paul ([email protected])

Myrtle Beach guy here....looking for a 500 yd range to dope in my rifles.

Closest I've found is up near Wilmington.

Checking in from Beaufort! Anyone from the area

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

It has been awhile since a group of hiders has gotten together at Turtles. It would be awesome if we all could maybe try and schedule a shoot! I would be down for it!

Any Palmetto Gun Club Members...

I am considering joining but want to go out and shoot there first before starting to process.

I have a match coming up and need to check data on a new load at distance.. anyone have a place to shoot?