• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing South Texas Gunsmith

Bip

Private
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
Does anyone have any experience with Glenn Martin(Martin Custom Gunsmithing) or Benny Hill (Triangle Shooting Sports)smith work? I need to have a 700 trued up, new chamber cut and a muzzle break installed. These are the local guys that I know of. Thanks in advance.

Re: South Texas Gunsmith

there are a lot of Hide members from that area.....they will chime in ...or pm the intel

but most here tend and trend to go with the fine advertisers that support the Hide and the many competitions that members shoot at.....

anyone have contact info for Mr. Tennison? I have recently aquired a 220 he built and would like to discuse my .308 with him.

Bip,

Send me a PM with contact information.

I'll get you introduced to Mr. Tennison. He only does work for friends, but he's never not made a friend!

Roy

Glen Martin is in SANDIA,Tx. on Hwy 359 > ( Sandia is Halfway between Orange Grove & Mathis Tx. about 30mi. North of CC .. just incase you didn't know ? ) His Shop is the old Bank building right on the highway, can't miss it !

Neil has worked on my .308 ....also quite a nice fellow !

Glen's info >

MARTIN CUSTOM GUNSMITHING
Glenn Martin
12102 Highway 359, Old Sandia Bank Building, P.O. Box 274, Sandia, TX 78383; (361) 547-6617 Specializing in Colt 1911 style autos and quality copies, Browning Hi Powers, Smith & Wesson revolvers, Ruger DA and SA revolvers. Martin Mag Well doubles the loading port size of 1911 style autos without add-on gadgets, no increase in length or weight. Handguns customized for reliability, accuracy and durability since 1980.

I have had Benny Hill do some work for me a few years back on a model 70 300win mag,he was reasonaby priced and had the weapon done before the estimated time. I would use him again if needed.

My Main Man over that way is Lex @ Rifles Inc, over in Pleasanton, south of San Antonio. Very sage individual, builds it to perfection, there is not a whit of imperfection in anything he has done for me, from complete rifles to installing brakes. 830-569-2055, you will like dealing with them.

Hmmm
If ya can make it to Austin
Mark Pharr @ tumbleweed
just google Mark pharr
he shoots what he builds, outstanding guy damn good gunsmith