• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns southwest ammo .45ACP...any good?

awz1287

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2011
North Carolina
Has anyone used any of this stuff?

southwest ammo .45 ACP

It's only $17.50 a box. I was going to order some but then I noticed that it said re-manufactured. I'm kinda worried about using re-manufactured I've heard about people having problems with re-manufactured ammo like ruptured, split cases and stuff. The other ammo I have used from this company have been very good, though.

should I just spend a little more and get new ammo? I found Federal American Eagle for $380 for 1000 rounds.

Re: southwest ammo .45ACP...any good?

I've never had problems with remanufactured ammo, and SWA's quality is second to none, i wouldn't hesitate.

Yeah I really like there other ammo, I guess I will order a few boxes of the. 45 to test it out.

I haven't shot anything but their .308 175 and .223 77 but everyone of my experiences with the ammunition has been AMAZING!

Their prices are awesome and the ammo shoots just as good as my handloads (1/2 MOA out of my DTA)!

I would not hesitate for a second to pick up some of their .45 if I had a .45 to shoot it with!

Now if only we can get them to make some 9mm...

Another SWA, though have only used the 223/5.556. Quality has been great & would say their pistol ammo should be as well. Please review it & let us know how it worked if you decide to get any

I have no experience with SWA's stuff, but...

45acp is a very, very low pressure cartridge. Probably the least "risky" cartridge to reload. 40SW and 357sig on the other hand, are very high pressure, which increases the risk of blown cases - not that there's really anything to worry about with those, either.

I've been reloading 45 for years, have NEVER kept track of number of firings on brass, have probably cycled some pieces 10+ times, and have never had even one split neck...and thats after 15k+ shots.

Don't worry, be happy.