• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southwest Ammo Group Order taking more than Six Months now and still No SHOW!!!

HOGTOOTH5R

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
DFW, TEXAS
Hi guys, I did a group buy of 100 rounds for the Southwest Ammuntion .300 WM 190 Gr ammos on Janurary of this year. It is now Late August and I still not Heard from them or Seen the order show up yet. I tried Email and Calling leaving Messages without any feedback or response. My order continues to show "In Progress" and wouldn't allow me to Cancel. The worst of all is they've already Taken the money out of my account the Day I Made the Order in Janurary!!!

I mean no disrespect as I know they're a VET owned and operated business, but Ex Mil or not this should not be how a Business is Handled. If they're going to take half a year or a year to fill the order Then DON'T Charge it First.

Have anyone ordered from them lately? how soon do you receive orders or group buys from them? At this point I just want some kind of feedback from them either send me the ammo or refund me the money. It's taking way too long and I can take my business elsewhere.

Any experience or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sincerely

HOG.

I've recently had a bad experience with SWA in which I will lay out in more detail when I take pictures, but in short I did the 190gr SMK 300wm group buy and received ammuntion in july and it was in worse condition(dented cases, bullet jackets deepy shaved on the case necks, widely varying seating depths) than the seconds that I had previously bought from them. I emailed them 3 times, left 3 voicemails, and have called at least a dozen times in over a month with no answer to any of them. The even shadier part is that they have recently updated their return policy to pretty much protect themselves from any shitty product they produce. The owner being a veteran doesn't mean he should get a pass for shitty business practices, especially when a large part of their customers are veterans(including myself). They've lost me as customer.

Here's their communications thread:
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...E-equipment/150353-sw-ammo-update-thread.html

Good luck....the fan boys will probably attack you now.
Right...because there's been so many vicious attacks on people who had legitimate gripes about SWA's communication (Sarcasm). Hey, I get it that you're done with them.

HOG, Call Zach directly and discuss it with him. There's no doubt that they are having issues this year; he's said as much. Here's his direct number (from the communication's thread):

Zach

1-480-390-8121

I will return the call or mike will or Jenna.

Right...because there's been so many vicious attacks on people who had legitimate gripes about SWA's communication (Sarcasm). Hey, I get it that you're done with them.

HOG, Call Zach directly and discuss it with him. There's no doubt that they are having issues this year; he's said as much. Here's his direct number (from the communication's thread):

LOL. I get it you love them. We agree to disagree at this point.

wAD4d3s.jpg

I've recently had a bad experience with SWA in which I will lay out in more detail when I take pictures, but in short I did the 190gr SMK 300wm group buy and received ammuntion in july and it was in worse condition(dented cases, bullet jackets deepy shaved on the case necks, widely varying seating depths) than the seconds that I had previously bought from them. I emailed them 3 times, left 3 voicemails, and have called at least a dozen times in over a month with no answer to any of them. The even shadier part is that they have recently updated their return policy to pretty much protect themselves from any shitty product they produce. The owner being a veteran doesn't mean he should get a pass for shitty business practices, especially when a large part of their customers are veterans(including myself). They've lost me as customer.

"Karma can be a moody cunt sometimes" ironshooter

vo4TspT.jpg

This is ZERO to deal with you in why he posted this. Did you even read the post on facebook? Whole reason he put Karma in there.

He quoted me so it would be a fair assumption that it was in response to my statement...

If you paid buy credit card you can always go to the CC company and cancel that way. I had to do this with a golf supply company when the failed to send me what I ordered. It took about a month to get the charge back to my account.

Most credit card companies will only allow you to cancel or reverse a transaction for 3-4 months after it posts. After that, you are probably SOL with the card company.

I did the SWA group buy on 300BLK supers a while back. Massive delays, first shipment was nearly all defective (or maybe 100%, I didn't test all of them), returned that, waited a while, replacement shipment seems to be fine. Certainly soured me on doing any future group buys. FWIW, this sort of hassle seems to be a common issue with all group buys, not just from SWA. I did a totally unrelated group buy of reloaded 9mm a couple years ago that was just as big a C-F, though at least the ammo was functional the first time it shipped.

I think it's a growing company with growing pains. But that doesn't excuse the sort of issue you describe. Phone calls need to be returned within reasonable time.

Zach was just posting in the SW ammo thread referenced above. I have been waiting on my group buy of 300 win mag 220 SMKs now for 7 months and it seems like they will finally be shipping in a few weeks. Sad thing is I just sold my 300 win mag so I'll have 400 paper weights. I hope they're able to shake their deteriorating name and start cranking out quality ammo with matching customer support again. I think they grew too fast, too soon.

It just depends on the CC company. I just went through a similar experience with some custom car parts. CapitalOne let me dispute the charge which was almost a year old since I never received what I purchased. They also had my account credited within 4-5 days.

Why are you dragging another company into this? I'm sure Josh would not appreciate being thrown into this debacle.

I did it exactly for the reason what happened KYS. So you can jump in like a knight in shining armor and correct me for all my wrong doing and in the end looking like a hero to Copper Creek.

I ran a small business for 30+ years. Deposit, sure. Full charge, before delivery.........NEVER! Even in these times, I can't believe they did that. Always read the fine print.
I did it exactly for the reason what happened KYS. So you can jump in like a knight in shining armor and correct me for all my wrong doing and in the end looking like a hero to Copper Creek.

With all the problems with the custom loaded ammo out there why would anybody not just load their own? Nobody is going to make better ammo for your gun than you as long as you know what you're doing.

What are you on?

Nothing really. Just tired of people trying to make people out to be such victims. We are in a digital world and shit remains around forever. Copper Creek got brought back in because "karma is a motherfucker" is directed at SW ammo for bashing them. Copper Creek if you are on here PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Also please forgive Shank as he knows not what he does.

Nothing really. Just tired of people trying to make people out to be such victims. We are in a digital world and shit remains around forever. Copper Creek got brought back in because "karma is a motherfucker" is directed at SW ammo for bashing them. Copper Creek if you are on here PLEASE FORGIVE ME! Also please forgive Shank as he knows not what he does.

I'm not saying what was said is untrue. You are free to post whatever you want, but for C4's sake I would not willingly involve them in this debate because it quickly can be spun as a SWA vs C4 topic.

SWA has a lot to work on, they keep saying they are going to fix the problems but I have seen little evidence of that.

For the record, I have shot SW Ammo. It shot great. I just found the SWA's CC Facebook post ironic. It happens to all manufacturers I'm sure. No hate on my part.

Hi guys, I did a group buy of 100 rounds for the Southwest Ammuntion .300 WM 190 Gr ammos on Janurary of this year. It is now Late August and I still not Heard from them or Seen the order show up yet. I tried Email and Calling leaving Messages without any feedback or response. My order continues to show "In Progress" and wouldn't allow me to Cancel. The worst of all is they've already Taken the money out of my account the Day I Made the Order in Janurary!!!

I mean no disrespect as I know they're a VET owned and operated business, but Ex Mil or not this should not be how a Business is Handled. If they're going to take half a year or a year to fill the order Then DON'T Charge it First.

Have anyone ordered from them lately? how soon do you receive orders or group buys from them? At this point I just want some kind of feedback from them either send me the ammo or refund me the money. It's taking way too long and I can take my business elsewhere.

Sincerely

HOG.
Send me your order number, I will work to fix the issue

Zach

For the record, I have shot SW Ammo. It shot great. I just found the SWA's CC Facebook post ironic. It happens to all manufacturers I'm sure.
The Facebook post was not approved by any management staff at Southwest. Once I became aware of the post, it was ordered to be removed from the page. The girl who posted it was also let go. Yes I agree it happens to every manufacture in the ammo business and I know that and would never do such a thing. My apologies for the post on FB.

Zach

Sincerely

HOG.
Is this a 220 group buy? I cant find any 190 orders for this caliber open from January

Did the ammo shoot well at least?

Did the ammo shoot well at least?

Never shot it... Didn't want to shoot it because the ammo was in worse condition than any surplus, bulk, or seconds ammo I've ever seen and I was waiting to hear back from your company. I wanted to return it for a refund or at least a portion of my money returned so that the price would reflect the cost of seconds ammo. If I never heard back from you I planned on taking it apart and salvaging the usable components.

Is this a 220 group buy? I cant find any 190 orders for this caliber open from January

Hi Zach, Yes, it was the 220 Group buy in January. It's been That Long ago...

My info are as belows:

Description: OrderID 7326
Invoice Number: 7326
Customer ID: 1307

Below is what the Order looks like with the Original DATE.

Order#: 7326 Order Placed: 01/28/2014 at 09:45AM PST

Order Status: Processing
Ship To:
Peter Zhao

Shipping Speed:
Online Delivery / No Shipping
Items Ordered: Price: Status:
• 1 of : 300 Win Mag / 220gr SMK 100 Rounds Shipped
$175.00 Processing

Payment Information

Bill To:
Peter Zhao

Order Summary:

Product Subtotal: $175.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Grand Total: $175.00

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.

Never shot it... Didn't want to shoot it because the ammo was in worse condition than any surplus, bulk, or seconds ammo I've ever seen and I was waiting to hear back from your company. I wanted to return it for a refund or at least a portion of my money returned so that the price would reflect the cost of seconds ammo. If I never heard back from you I planned on taking it apart and salvaging the usable components.
Roger, I will send you an e return label and refund you your money.

Hi Zach, Yes, it was the 220 Group buy in January. It's been That Long ago...

My info are as belows:

Description: OrderID 7326
Invoice Number: 7326
Customer ID: 1307

Below is what the Order looks like with the Original DATE.

Order#: 7326 Order Placed: 01/28/2014 at 09:45AM PST

Order Status: Processing
Ship To:
Peter Zhao

Shipping Speed:
Online Delivery / No Shipping
Items Ordered: Price: Status:
• 1 of : 300 Win Mag / 220gr SMK 100 Rounds Shipped
$175.00 Processing

Payment Information

Bill To:
Peter Zhao

Order Summary:

Product Subtotal: $175.00
Tax: $0.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00

Grand Total: $175.00

NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable.
I will cancel this for you as requested, sorry for the inconvenience.

Roger, I will send you an e return label and refund you your money.

I would like to believe you, but i'm pessimistic at this point... Am I going to have to wait 4-8 months for the refund?

I would like to believe you, but i'm pessimistic at this point... Am I going to have to wait 4-8 months for the refund?
No, When the ammo arrives, I will issue the refund, or you can keep it. I am interested in seeing this ammo and shooting it and posting the groups. In fact I will give this ammo to a random customer for free and get an outside opinion.

Last edited:
Not saying it isn't taking this long, but I constantly get emails about ammo in stock and ready to ship. Sorry for the OP's difficulty, as I've found their ammo to be pretty good, IMO. Just saying.

No, When the ammo arrives, I will issue the refund, or you can keep it. I am interested in seeing this ammo and shooting it and posting the groups. In fact I will give this ammo to a random customer for free and get an outside opinion.

Sounds good.... I'll send it when I get back from vacation.

Hi, my name is A Random Customer! I'd be happy to provide an opinion on how this ammo shoots. :)

Also, i'll make a video of the ammo before I send it off so you and everyone here can see what I received from you. Is acting like you're doing me a favor for issuing me a refund for a sub-pair product after ignoring me for over a month and questioning my honesty your version of good customer service? Yes it's better than continuing to ignore me, but damn I get better CS from cell phone companies.... Buying an opinion from a few customers with free ammo isn't going to save your reputation from the shit customer service you're providing.

Zach has been communicating a lot lately. In the past, it's been pure hell trying to reach anyone from the company. I think Zach is in the beginning stages of repairing his name and fixing his company and getting it back to where it was before.

Zach has been communicating a lot lately. In the past, it's been pure hell trying to reach anyone from the company. I think Zach is in the beginning stages of repairing his name and fixing his company and getting it back to where it was before.

Well I genuinely hope things do get better... I don't wish ill on any company that produces a good product and has good CS, but if I feel like i'm being done dirty I'm not gonna keep quiet about it.