• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spearpoint Ranch (Kansas) 2014 Tactical Rifle Matches

Next Spearpoint match will be June 7 and 8.
This match will be a little different format than the last few matches. This match will be up in the hills in one of the pastures.
It will pretty much be one shot per target from 7 different stages. No mover on this one.

-50 rounds rifle, no pistol.
-bring a tripod if you have one.

Hopefully it won't be scorching hot!

Hope to see you here!
Steve

Long shot we will make this one. Hope to though, likely last minute decision. If any of you are considering.........do it, go shoot on a great range with great people. Seriously, get in the reloading mode and knock out enough ammo to do this. You will thank me later.

If it weren't for my son's baseball tournament, I'd be out on Saturday, but....... Hopefully one of these months i'll make it. Hope everyone has fun!

Looks like we're going to cancel the June 7th (Saturday) match. Some of you guys are driving a long way and we want to put on the best match possible to make it worth your while and the weather doesn't look to be cooperating. They're calling for heavy rain the night before and the morning of Saturday along with lightning. Since we'll be shooting off the top of a hill it probably won't be the safest place around.
At this time we are still planning on having the June 8th (Sunday) match.
Hope you can make it!
Steve

June Scores
Great day for a match, cool, overcast, very little wind, and great people to shoot with!
Below are the scores. Ties were determined by Stage 1 then Stage 2 and then Stage 3.

1st Greg K 280 pts
2nd Dennis S 240 pts
3rd Lloyd R 230 pts
4th Branden B 210 pts
5th Chris H 170 pts
6th Bill M 160 pts
7th Dalton W 150 pts
8th Kevin K 150 pts
9th Jeremy Hi 130 pts
10th Ben M 130 pts
11th Brad M 130 pts
12th Justin S 130 pts
13th Greg L 120 pts
14th Nathan W 110 pts
15th Steve W 100 pts
16th Garrett S 90 pts
17th Greg J 90 pts
18th Chris L 70 pts
19th Clint T 70 pts
20th Jeremy Ha 50 pts
21th Ryan C 40 pts
22nd Mike B 40 pts

Stage breakdowns will be up on Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge soon.

Thanks all for coming!
Steve

Total train wreck or not, I look at it as a good time. Better than setting at home, working on it or mowing it!

June scores by stage are up at:
Match Scores

Looks like several people had trouble with Stage 1 and 4, we might tweak that a bit before July.

We also have another addition to Septembers prize table. Bell & Carlson has donated some very cool, machined aluminum loading blocks and some shooten aces target packs. Thanks Wade!

Next two matches will be July 5th and 6th. We'll be up in the hills again, same match layout as June except this time you will be able to shoot a second shot at each target if you need to for 1/2 the point value.
Same start time as always, 8:30 to 9:00 sign in, and match starts at 9:00.
Hope to see you here!

Jeez - figured to have our wheat all cut & in the bin a week ago - then the rain started. We've had 12.4" since June 1. Tried cutting yesterday - the combine just 'fell in'. From the looks of the 7-day forecast, it may be dry enough to run by the weekend of the 4th. This is the screwiest weather pattern - drier than the desert all spring, then we get practically our whole annual rainfall in less than 30 days while trying to cut wheat. Looks like a good chance I'll have to sit on all the 6x47Lapua ammo I've got loaded until next month's match....

This is a great match for beginners and seasoned shooters too. Slow paced and lots of help. Steve and family put on a fun match with lots of challenges. The bad thing is it's very addictive.

Im planning on making it out tomorrow. Looks like it's going to be toasty out there.

Scores for July 5th and 6th

July 5th, winds 18-25 mph, and 95 degrees.

Dalton W 1st 190 pts
Kelly B 2nd 170 pts
Jeremy Hi 3rd 110 pts
Ryan K 4th 60 pts
Jim M 5th 50 pts
Jeremy Ha 6th 45 pts
Bryce B 7th 35 pts

July 6th, winds 3-8 mph, 100 degrees.

Greg K 1st 305 pts
Brad M 2nd 265 pts
Dalton W 3rd 200 pts
Ben M 4th 190 pts
Kevin K 5th 170 pts
Garand L 6th 170 pts
Greg J 7th 165 pts
Sam L 8th 115 pts
Lloyd R 9th 115 pts
Rollie L 10th 110 pts
Matt H 11th 70 pts
Lane D 12th 55 pts

Ties were determined by highest Stage 1 score, then Stage 2 and so on.

Stage breakdowns will be up at Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge soon.

Thanks for coming! Next match will be the first Saturday in August.

I'm definitely in for Saturday, and possibly Sunday.

@Mr. Silver - go to the match. It is a fantastic venue and group of shooters to shoot your first match with. You will not be disappointed with your experience.

Fantastic!!! Looking forward to checking it out. I'll keep my ears pinned for details. Gunna be a race to get my rig set up by then and have time to dial it in a little.

Post rock country, I love it! I will make it out there one of these weekends...........

Next two matches will be Saturday, August 2nd and Sunday August 3rd. This will be our last Sunday match for 2014, the September match will be Saturday only. Weather looks like it might be in the mid 80's, great weather to shoot in!

We will be back down on the flat. There will be 5 stages, 48 rounds total. No pistol this time.

Mover stage will be cardboard, everything else will be steel.

Registration from 8:30 to 9:00, match starts at 9:00.

Hope to see you here!

Next two matches will be Saturday, August 2nd and Sunday August 3rd. This will be our last Sunday match for 2014, the September match will be Saturday only. Weather looks like it might be in the mid 80's, great weather to shoot in!

We will be back down on the flat. There will be 5 stages, 48 rounds total. No pistol this time.

Mover stage will be cardboard, everything else will be steel.

Registration from 8:30 to 9:00, match starts at 9:00.

Hope to see you here!

Any tripod stages this time? Don't want to leave anything important at home.

Any tripod stages this time? Don't want to leave anything important at home.
There is one sitting tripod stage. However, I'll probably leave my tripod and saddle there for anybody that doesn't have one or wants to use it.
You might want some sort of a mid-sized bag. There is one, I guess you would say "variable position", stage where it might come in handy.
Looks like a good weekend to be shooting!

My dad and I plan on attending Saturday, first match and shooting underpowered guns but it will be fun to see how things go.

Great day to be shooting! 90 degrees and 2-5 mph wind, about as calm as it gets here.

Match results Aug 2nd.

Jerry K 1st 245 pts
Dennis S 2nd 202
Steve W 3rd 162
Chris L 4th 147
Greg K 5th 135
Austin R 6th 135
Dalton W 7th 134
Ben M 8th 130
Lloyd R 9th 130
Matt H 10th 128
Jeremy N 11th 121
Jeremy Hi 12th 114
Greg L 13th 88
Henry P 14th 52
Matt T 15th 39
Jeremy Ha 16th 31
Todd S 17th 23
Richard T 18th 20
Daniel P 19th 10
Ron M 20th 0

Ties were determined by Stage 1 scores.

Stage breakdowns will be up at Welcome to Spearpoint Ranch Hunting Services Exclusive Kansas Sport Pheasant Hunting Lodge soon.

Thanks for coming!

We had a great time today! Thanks Steve. You and your family put on one of the mot organized, and friendliest matches I've ever been to.

uploadfromtaptalk1407099055088.jpg Thanks for the impact and jack Steve and Dalton!!