• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Spend my money. Do I need a MK20? Edit: Apparently we're forming a Uboat crew now.

Do I need to buy a MK20?

• Yes

Votes: 49 46.2%
  • Yes but in 7.62x51

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • You don't need anything let alone another gun

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • No. Buy something else (which you have posted below, or Ill just ignore you)

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
Is anyone here Ukrainian? We could leverage that into a giant pile of surplus arms I’m sure
I've got an extended family member local that married a Ukrainian last summer. Her dad just got called up at 51 so he will probably know where to find some metal. Why choose? I say both and there's enough guys on here who like planes by sea by land and by air could be exciting

Reactions: The D
I've got an extended family member local that married a Ukrainian last summer. Her dad just got called up at 51 so he will probably know where to find some metal. Why choose? I say both and there's enough guys on here who like planes by sea by land and by air could be exciting
Yes, all of the armaments

Reactions: rlsmith1
Operation Apfelstrudel.jpg

So this is where we're at.

Tiber river is not deep enough to submerge or wide enough to turn the sub around. The water level is well below ground level with vertical walls of stone on each side.

You’d basically be trapped in a low spot with no line of fire to the intended target and no where to run.

Okay guys I went and took some recon pics. Bad news, there is a literal castle with direct line of fire on our position. They have trebuchets and plenty of ammo. River is low, tight, and will most definitely run aground. Multiple bridge crossings.

Intended target appears to be a mostly empty plaza full of tourists.

A8BB8785-2E8A-42D1-90B4-D21E9F93E8EA.jpeg
4B7CFF03-A01D-4D6B-AAA5-D11C59580F53.jpeg
581641D0-2401-4AA1-8BF5-FFED5FC0BC8C.jpeg

Attachments

• 6DC9475B-DF33-46F7-B8C1-2E6029D41625.jpeg
    6DC9475B-DF33-46F7-B8C1-2E6029D41625.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Haha
Reactions: GreenGO Juan
Tiber river is not deep enough to submerge or wide enough to turn the sub around. The water level is well below ground level with vertical walls of stone on each side.

You’d basically be trapped in a low spot with no line of fire to the intended target and no where to run.

Yeah we figured that out in another thread when we calculated the draft of a Type VII against the 5-20 foot depth of the Tiber.

Just wondering for SCAR owners? is the recoil impulse so "severe" that only certain types of scopes, and mounts can handle it? Thanks
In my experience, no. When dry firing I use my man-bun as a tangential force counterbalance, recoil-dampener. It is 6.5 CM though, so I recommend wearing two flannel shirts so you don't bruise. So far, in all the photoshoots I have done, posing my rifle for Insta the scope has not broken. When ammo gets under $2.50 per round I will try shooting it.

This thread led me down the MK20 rabbit hole. I immediately started researching the rife; I wanted to get as close to original spec as possible, while staying within my budget. After weeks of gathering info and the needed parts, here's where I'm at so far.

669336199.900291public.jpeg

I found the MK20 at PSA. I went with the blemished option. My past experience in purchasing flooring, furniture, etc has shown me that distressed products usually bring a premium. Not so with the PSA MK20! It was actually a little cheaper and also is stock, which the inferior nonblem model was not.

First impression? Ho Lee Sheeeiiittt This is a lot of MK20 for the money!!! I topped it off with a vortex midway special that I had bought 12yrs ago for about $400. It's pretty much exactly like the original issue scopes, just slightly less costly., but otherwise exactly the same. The rifle has an adjustable gas block, but no adjustments were needed. This MK20 throws spent brass at about 2:30 and doesn't appear to be too rough on the brass at factory setting. I was using American Eagle 147fmj, which is pretty much M118 at a slightly higher MV and slightly less cost, so pretty much M118. I was able to keep all rounds on a 12 pack box at about 50 yds, so I'm expecting good things from this MK20!

PSA MK20 is a great rifle.

They eat optics so f that. What good is a rifle that is daytime use only ?

Kac 6.5
Seekins 6,5
JP 6.5
Gii custom build 6.5

Oh. Actually. Sgt of arms 6.5. That all day long.

This thread led me down the MK20 rabbit hole. I immediately started researching the rife; I wanted to get as close to original spec as possible, while staying within my budget. After weeks of gathering info and the needed parts, here's where I'm at so far.

View attachment 7830725

I found the MK20 at PSA. I went with the blemished option. My past experience in purchasing flooring, furniture, etc has shown me that distressed products usually bring a premium. Not so with the PSA MK20! It was actually a little cheaper and also is stock, which the inferior nonblem model was not.

First impression? Ho Lee Sheeeiiittt This is a lot of MK20 for the money!!! I topped it off with a vortex midway special that I had bought 12yrs ago for about $400. It's pretty much exactly like the original issue scopes, just slightly less costly., but otherwise exactly the same. The rifle has an adjustable gas block, but no adjustments were needed. This MK20 throws spent brass at about 2:30 and doesn't appear to be too rough on the brass at factory setting. I was using American Eagle 147fmj, which is pretty much M118 at a slightly higher MV and slightly less cost, so pretty much M118. I was able to keep all rounds on a 12 pack box at about 50 yds, so I'm expecting good things from this MK20!

Somewhere the MasterRace mocks you with pity.

Reactions: MtnCreek

View attachment 7830725

• Haha
Reactions: MtnCreek
@TheGerman If you still haven't made up your mind, just imagine this in the SCAR, baby diaper palette of "50 Shades of Brown." It's just money, go get one and run it hard, if you don't like it you can sell it for more than you paid.

C8965669-4F19-4EC8-BC40-AA72C834B3A8.jpeg

@TheGerman If you still haven't made up your mind, just imagine this in the SCAR, baby diaper palette of "50 Shades of Brown." It's just money, go get one and run it hard, if you don't like it you can sell it for more than you paid.

View attachment 7844206
I’m imagining that Scar saying “Yum I love eating optics especially high dollar electro optics”

I’m imagining that Scar saying “Yum I love eating optics especially high dollar electro optics”
The 17's were known to have that issue. The 20S is a soft shooting and heavy pig. I spoke with Knight's NV department tech support at length about this specific combo and they were not concerned at all. If it breaks I'll be sure to inform the Hide. Until then, I will not stress it. Waiting on my low back pressure can to clear before I start shooting at night.

Reactions: deersniper

View attachment 7844206

Already got it on like Day 3 of this thread. :p

Ill have to take a picture but I went extreme clone route.

- Brand new with the sticker still on it NF 3.5-15 F1 ARMYSPEC mil/mil
- ADM QD Delta Mount
- ADM QD bipod mount
- KAC front sight, FN SCAR rear sight

@earthtrekker1775

Where did you get the tan KAC beer coozie? All of the ones I have are black.

Already got it on like Day 3 of this thread. :p

Ill have to take a picture but I went extreme clone route.

- Brand new with the sticker still on it NF 3.5-15 F1 ARMYSPEC mil/mil
- ADM QD Delta Mount
- ADM QD bipod mount
- KAC front sight, FN SCAR rear sight

@earthtrekker1775

Where did you get the tan KAC beer coozie? All of the ones I have are black.
Hahaha, that's awesome. How do you like it so far?

The tan wrap came with the refurb pvs-30. Black would make sense for the build I have but I will probably rattle can the whole set up with $20 worth of ultra flat Krylon once I pick up my can. I used the magpul offset LR back up irons, they work pretty well so far.