• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Spider Plates for lathes now available

Papagrizzly

USA F-Open Rifle Team
Minuteman
We have designed a new spider plate that is universal and can be fit to a back plate that fits your lathe.

4jkm7o.jpg

These will be available by the end of the week from Grizzly. Call the toll free number at 1-800-523-4777.

<span style="font-size: 14pt">Model number is BE1125 and the price is $59.95 plus S&H.</span>

If you want to make your own and need just the brass tipped cap screws, they are also available:

w6whax.jpg

<span style="font-size: 14pt">That model number is BE1126 and the price is $13.95 plus S&H</span>

Re: Spider Plates for lathes now available

No, they are coming in at the end of this week at both our MO and PA plants.

Our system probably was not updated. I checked the shipping documents that our phone operators do not have access to (sorry - some internal quirks). They should be shipping them next week if Customs does not hold up the clearing. Thanks for the order.

Just tried ordering one and was told they are not in. Techs have no specs on them.
I was told to try again mid August.

Which backplate does one order with it if its going on a G4003G?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just tried ordering one and was told they are not in. Techs have no specs on them.
I was told to try again mid August.

Which backplate does one order with it if its going on a G4003G?

Thanks </div></div>

Your lathe has a D1-5 backplate so thats what you'll need then fit the spider plate to it.

Is there any benefit to using this over the existing Grizzly spider with the d1-5 backplate as 1 peice

Cigarcop, so we can order any Grizzly D1-5 backplate and it will accept the BE1125 Spider plate?
We just wanted to be 100% sure before ordering. When the Tech couldn't give any info I was hesitant to order anything.

We'll wait till August when they said they'd be in and try again. No big deal.

Im glad I don't have to make one now
smile.gif

We recently got Grizzlys small gunsmithing (G4003G) lathe for doing certain operations through its headstock. With a spider plate like this it should be a handy little lathe. Actually planning on doing the muzzle work to two big ass Navy contour 50BMG barrels with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mioduz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there any benefit to using this over the existing Grizzly spider with the d1-5 backplate as 1 peice </div></div>

No advantage other than the fact that if you already have a backplate then this is a little cheaper and you can fit the Bald Eagle Spider plate to your back plate by drilling and tapping 4 holes in the backplate.

As far as stock is concerned. They were slightly delayed due to customs and the 4th, but are supposed to be in stock at Grizzly <span style="font-weight: bold">today, </span>at our PA and MO locations. The WA location will get them at the end on next week. Most of the pending orders should ship by tomorrow.

Thanks.