• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Springfield Armory 4-14x56 1st Generation 7.62

daybreak1199

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I was given a Springfield Armory scope by a family member, I don't know much about the scope ( no paper work or box) but it seem to be fairly good quality. One thing I noticed, it is stamped made in Japan, I have searched and apparently Springfield Armory no longer sells these scopes. The scope has a small ding to the lip of the bell, I was wanting to get it repaired but not sure who would be a good first option for that. Or is it even worth spending any money on this scope. The ding on the front bell is purely cosmetic and does not interfere in any way.

The scope has the BDC for a 168gr bullet and an internal bubble level. The bubble level is a nice touch, I had never seen that until I received this scop.

Thanks in advance,
V/R
Jason

Re: Springfield Armory 4-14x56 1st Generation 7.62

there are better scopes available, but that one is free, so shoot it and see how it does.

If the mark is cosmetic and doesn't bother you, don't worry about trying to get it fixed.

Re: Springfield Armory 4-14x56 1st Generation 7.62

Mine worked great..a little big for my rifle but the glass was clear and the BDC worked great out to 500 meters using 168's...I would mount it and try it. The bubble was a great idea.....
I think springfield does repairs or sub contracts them out call them...I would not send it out if it works.....