• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SR-25, am I buying a name or true performance?

Looking at pricing alone in the last 12 months or so - a full SR25 went from @ $4k to now $6+ on GB.

$6k for an SA .308, does that make sense?

1608755554503.png

Anyone have a time estimate from ordering at Kellys Enterprise? I'm just wondering how long the waitlist time is for a SR15 and SR25 APC.

being a poor, i did a shipload of research before i bought my 7.62 gas gun.
i think you can do better for less, and that is not knocking it. if i was theHorta, i would have one. :)

• Haha
Reactions: TheOE800
Does it do anything better than a LMT MWS....negative ghost rider...
It doesn't weigh as much. I think the LMT has a better role as a bench shooter. LaRue Predatobr, KAC ACC, Scar 17 are all around the lower 8lb mark. LMT drops to a 13.5" barrel and still almost weighs 9lbs.

Reactions: FriedAss
I disagree but we each have diff needs/reasons...

Ive shot lightweight .308 semis and hate the feeling of it outside of a SCAR 17...

I wonder what that VSeven 308 feels like. Damn thing has the weight of am AR15. I can't imagine the recoil being to friendly.

It doesn't weigh as much. I think the LMT has a better role as a bench shooter. LaRue Predatobr, KAC ACC, Scar 17 are all around the lower 8lb mark. LMT drops to a 13.5" barrel and still almost weighs 9lbs.
nah, kac and lmt website lists about 1lb difference. Having owned/own both, there is no real difference in weight and that's with the quad rail. My larue is over 8lbs bare. My shorter barrel lmt, I can fire this standing with one arm raised out like a handgun. I think weight is very overrated

nah, kac and lmt website lists about 1lb difference. Having owned/own both, there is no real difference in weight and that's with the quad rail. My larue is over 8lbs bare. My shorter barrel lmt, I can fire this standing with one arm raised out like a handgun. I think weight is very overrated
Larue is 8.2lbs with a comparable LMT (CQB is 8lbs 10oz but only 13.5" 308...no thx) it is 9.8lbs. You are correct though the other crap that gets thrown on will add more weight than a lb.

I think you are correct though for normal people (we aren't in Afghanistan) the weight difference is minimal.....unless a Mad Max scenario occurs.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
In a tough environment for gun owners the ability to have multiple calibers is a plus for the lmt system. You may end up shooting what you can get versus exactly what you want. Plus nefarious arms or other smiths can get you a bartlein in a lmt that will certainly shoot inside an sr25

Reactions: Woollymonster
Larue is 8.2lbs with a comparable LMT (CQB is 8lbs 10oz but only 13.5" 308...no thx) it is 9.8lbs. You are correct though the other crap that gets thrown on will add more weight than a lb.

I think you are correct though for normal people (we aren't in Afghanistan) the weight difference is minimal.....unless a Mad Max scenario occurs.
If it’s mad max time...weight is the least of your concerns.

Buy what works. Chasing ounces at times is not always beneficial...

For me a semi .308 sweet spot is between 9-10lbs bare...anything less than that with the exception of the SCAR 17 and you get some snapp action...and 13lbs fully loaded with goodies...

A good sling helps a ton.

Reactions: AngryKoala

but let's be honest, a Mad Max day would fun.....for a day only lol

bear in mind, the commonwealth uses the lmt and it has the highest end user reviews for them. I really think weight is overblown. At first it may be heavy but you get used to it. It's the other gear you hump with so the added weight adds up.

For you and I, it shouldn't really matter but to each their own which is why it's a great world out there, lots of flavors!!!!!!!

Reactions: AngryKoala
but let's be honest, a Mad Max day would fun.....for a day only lol

bear in mind, the commonwealth uses the lmt and it has the highest end user reviews for them. I really think weight is overblown. At first it may be heavy but you get used to it. It's the other gear you hump with so the added weight adds up.

For you and I, it shouldn't really matter but to each their own which is why it's a great world out there, lots of flavors!!!!!!!

Haha, very true. As long as i have toilet paper for the Mad Max scenario ill be alright lol.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
ok, i have something i am wondering about that might be a real difference to somebody.

i recently got a tripod and ball head with a pic rail clamp. (common setup)..
while i can shoot very well with it, the rifle (a scar 20s) has some wiggle because the upper is not particularly rigid.
this doesn't affect the accuracy, and it is only evident on the tripod (obviously), but i wonder if all rifles flex like that.
in order to stay on target through recoil, i "take the flex out" by pushing the rifle on target and holding (for fast groups).

This, I have a Scar 17, an ACC, and couple a MWS's and honestly think weight is an over blown issue. if set up properly, there really isnt anything you can do with a ACC vs that you can't do with an MWS. I think the issue with weight comes from people trying to hang too much stuff their rifles. its not uncommon to see Bipods on heavy carbines, or flashlights on precision 16 inch large frame 308's, or even LPVO with offset RDS's as well as back up irons that are generally not accessible because they are using a non qd mount.

I think the ACC is better overall rifle as it more refined than the MWS, but if had to only have one I would take the LMT as its just more flexible.

The price on everything has skyrocketed, not just kac. I have been watching gunbroker out of curiosity, and a stripped lmt mws h lower sold for $1500 the other day! A used lmt mws with quad rail sold for $3625, and a used mws with three barrels sold for $5500! Just one 6.5 cm barrel alone sold for $1324.

The price on everything has skyrocketed, not just kac. I have been watching gunbroker out of curiosity, and a stripped lmt mws h lower sold for $1500 the other day! A used lmt mws with quad rail sold for $3625, and a used mws with three barrels sold for $5500! Just one 6.5 cm barrel alone sold for $1324.
Bottom line atf just relaxed on the pistol brace issue and like trump repealing Obamacare it will just go by the wayside. A year and a half from now people should start to loosen up if their is no more talk of it.

true, it's crazy

that said, I have a few lmt mws and put my canteen green up for 5k and it didn't sell. better for me as I don't want to sell it. The one that sold for 5500 wasn't canteen green origianl, it was painted....nuts