• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SR25 Upgrades

kchustle

Private
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
OP, KS
I have a buddy that buys a lot of guns but rarely shoots any of them. He has an SR25 that I jokingly told him he should put a BORS system on since he had a Mark IV. Well, he just can't help himself so that will probably happen even though I was 100% kidding around with him.

This process got me thinking,are there any upgrades that you can do to this gun that would be worth it?

If it were my gun (first it would get shot) it would get some cosmetic upgrades like an adustable stock (ie the PRS) and I would mount his scope differently. I thought I would ask the experts if there was anything that was generally recommended as an upgrade for this weapon system outside of cosmetic things that are generally personal preference.

This is kind of selfish because I know that he has enough ADD that he will get bored and sell this thing some day. So, I thought I might as well help him improve the gun (not that either one of us are better than the gun as it is) just in case it ends up in my stable some day.

It is fun to shoot, but it still makes me tear up when I think about what he spent on it when GAP is right down the street from us!

Re: SR25 Upgrades

Is not many upgrades for a perfect platform other than cosmetics,scopes and stocks. I tried the buffer and magazine spring upgrades and was a disaster with many ejection and bolt lock up problems and they all ended up in the garbage, the rifle is perfect as it is KAC did a perfect job in the R&D department and if it is not broken dont touch it.If you want to get creative you can go the M110, MK11 mod 1 or Marines REPR clone way. Good luck.

The mags SUCK! The bottom plates keep sliding off of all of mine; I had to tape them all in place. I would definitely upgrade to Pmags, and save yourself a couple hundred dollars in the process.

I love this thread..."upgrading a $5,000 rifle"...

the mags still cost $100 a piece right?

"KAC did a perfect job in the R&D" puhleez!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

the mags still cost $100 a piece right?

"KAC did a perfect job in the R&D" puhleez!</div></div>

ive bought 3 for $40 a piece. they're always around for $60-70.

Upgrade for the EMC....take off barrel...throw in trash and send rest of rifle to GAP for new barrel.

Or sell that POS and buy GAP10....Done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Upgrade for the EMC....take off barrel...throw in trash and send rest of rifle to GAP for new barrel.

Or sell that POS and buy GAP10....Done. </div></div>

What happened in the last 3 months? You no likey no more?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crappy Pic till I can get some better ones....but a member of the Henny + Kac EMC club!

IMG_1138.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love this thread..."upgrading a $5,000 rifle"...
puhleez! </div></div>

I know it is a bit bizarre but I figured if he was going to drop some coin on putting new shit on the rifle I would try to steer him in the right direction. I recommended at least asking GAP what they would do to it, but he asked me what there was to do.... I honestly didn't know so I thought I would ask. If the answer is leave it alone then great but just because it is an expensive rifle doesn't mean it doesn't have a weakness. I get better results out of my bone stock 700 than I get out of his uber exspensive SR25 so my guess is that there is something that could be done if he wants to spend the money. Trigger work, new barrel, maybe it benefits from adding a suppressor....whatever works.

The best thing for him to do would be to buy a Krieger M110 barrel from Krieger, send them the rifle, and have them properly cut the chamber, check the head space, and barrel his receiver. If he's using a KAC suppressor, I would also recommend shit canning that thing. 1 in about 10 of our 25s can shoot a sub MOA group with that suppressor on it, and it does a horrible job suppressing the sound or reducing recoil. Instead, get an Ops Inc 12th model .30 cal can.

A properly mounted Krieger barrel with an Ops Inc Suppressor would make that thing a laser.

Kchustle,

I was being sarcastic with my comment...too many fanboys dry-hump these rifles as if they are anything special...

Uncle Sam has found out the hard way after paying $8,000+ per rifle for the M110 to get FAL accuracy (with handloads) minus the FAL reliability...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pointblank4445</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Upgrade for the EMC....take off barrel...throw in trash and send rest of rifle to GAP for new barrel.

Or sell that POS and buy GAP10....Done. </div></div>

What happened in the last 3 months? You no likey no more?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crappy Pic till I can get some better ones....but a member of the Henny + Kac EMC club!

IMG_1138.jpg
</div></div> </div></div>

Had it for one week and got rid of it.

Stack 2 and shift is how the barrel worked. Verified with Premium Box and Handloads, and with 2 other people shooting.

Sure it might run very well, but the accuracy is a joke for what it costs.

Got a GAP10 from George and couldn't be happier with the performance I get off it for almost half the price of the EMC.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchustle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love this thread..."upgrading a $5,000 rifle"...
puhleez! </div></div>

I know it is a bit bizarre but I figured if he was going to drop some coin on putting new shit on the rifle I would try to steer him in the right direction. I recommended at least asking GAP what they would do to it, but he asked me what there was to do.... I honestly didn't know so I thought I would ask. If the answer is leave it alone then great but just because it is an expensive rifle doesn't mean it doesn't have a weakness. I get better results out of my bone stock 700 than I get out of his uber exspensive SR25 so my guess is that there is something that could be done if he wants to spend the money. Trigger work, new barrel, maybe it benefits from adding a suppressor....whatever works. </div></div>

The barrels are chrome lined trash. My opinion Chrome Lined does not belong in a precision rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchustle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love this thread..."upgrading a $5,000 rifle"...
puhleez! </div></div>

I know it is a bit bizarre but I figured if he was going to drop some coin on putting new shit on the rifle I would try to steer him in the right direction. I recommended at least asking GAP what they would do to it, but he asked me what there was to do.... I honestly didn't know so I thought I would ask. If the answer is leave it alone then great but just because it is an expensive rifle doesn't mean it doesn't have a weakness. I get better results out of my bone stock 700 than I get out of his uber exspensive SR25 so my guess is that there is something that could be done if he wants to spend the money. Trigger work, new barrel, maybe it benefits from adding a suppressor....whatever works. </div></div>

The barrels are chrome lined trash. My opinion Chrome Lined does not belong in a precision rifle. </div></div>

Fact.

I have to agree with you on the barrels, your right. But just imagine what the Govt would be paying for them if they upgraded the barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armydog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to agree with you on the barrels, your right. But just imagine what the Govt would be paying for them if they upgraded the barrels.</div></div>

I have not seen the paperwork on this but my armorers were just telling me today that KAC charges us about $2k to rebarrel one of our 25s. Perhaps someone here has been involved in that process and can give us an actual cost with the break down of charges.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armydog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have to agree with you on the barrels, your right. But just imagine what the Govt would be paying for them if they upgraded the barrels.</div></div>

I have not seen the paperwork on this but my armorers were just telling me today that KAC charges us about $2k to rebarrel one of our 25s. Perhaps someone here has been involved in that process and can give us an actual cost with the break down of charges. </div></div>

I could believe based on the actual cost of the rifle on the civie market.

I just checked the parts list, it's $1,915.00 for a MK11 20" barrel and bolt. Seems pretty reasonable, right?

It is reasonable if it can be expected to hold 1.5 moa like the original ones do.

Wow and I was considering picking up one of these after a deployment this is definitely helping me think twice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad Medicine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow and I was considering picking up one of these after a deployment this is definitely helping me think twice! </div></div>

Thank you for your service. I am glad that my random question did someone some good!

I will talk to him about the barrel. I feel like he should sell it and buy a GAP-10. He would probably have a gun that shoots better and money left over! What do these things get in the used market?

sigh...

Yes you may be able to get a more accurate rifle from a true custom shop, it may even be cheaper.

However from us you will get a subMOA rifle (with good ammo, optic, mount and shooter) and a rifle that parts will last and are designed for a military environment.

We do have a Mil/LE discount as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sigh...

Yes you may be able to get a more accurate rifle from a true custom shop, it may even be cheaper.

However from us you will get a subMOA rifle (with good ammo, optic, mount and shooter) and a rifle that parts will last and are designed for a military environment.

We do have a Mil/LE discount as well. </div></div>

Hello Kevin,

Didn't mean to make you sigh....the guy is going to spend money on the thing so I thought I would do what I could to make it a worth while upgrade.

I actually appreciate you chiming in because you might have some interesting insight. What ammo do you consider good ammo? I have fed it a lot of stuff and I can't get it to hold sub MOA even at 100 yds on a consistent basis. The owner likes to shoot Hornady (I think he assumes it is the best stuff out there because it is expensive) but I can't get that or anything else to consistently give me sub MOA accuracy. Maybe it is me but I can hold sub MOA groups with other rifles so the SR25 would be the anomaly.

I don't know what the mount is but it has a Luepold Mark IV. It isn't my favorite glass but I think that it is a 'good' optic.

I appreciate you taking the time. It is always good to hear about how a rifle should be set up from the source. If it makes a difference, whatever mount it came with definitely came from one of your retail partners because he bought it as it sits today. He didn't even know how to separate the receivers until I showed him so he definately didn't mount the optic.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sigh...

We do have a Mil/LE discount as well.</div></div>

I'm not sure what you can do to a barrel and bolt that make them cost $1,915.00; a bolt carrier that costs $850.00; a firing pin that costs $77.00; or even a charging handle that costs $190 (not forged or even a Gas Buster). It must be all that R&D to develop a product that already existed; or to fund a helicopter or tank museum.

Hahaha! Some shops just have higher overhead! I would also love to know what justifies these costs to the government? I used to audit govt contract work, and I can honestly say taxpayers get bent over on shit like this!

We do have a Mil/LE discount as well. </div></div>
man Knights get a lot of $hit... i've had a couple of their rifles, and they work for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The barrels are chrome lined trash. My opinion Chrome Lined does not belong in a precision rifle. </div></div>

Not to keep picking on Poison, but I love hearing people complain that rifles like the EMC has a chrome lined barrel while people dump on the HK MR556 for NOT having a chrome lined barrel.

Personally, I don't get why a person would put a massive Hensoldt, NF, etc. on an EMC and try for uber small groupings with this platform when other options are available. Sometimes I wonder if accuracy alone has too much weight here. Case in point being the consensus here about POF versus that of...well the rest of the internet...not that it matters (see my above point about chrome lining). From what I've seen in KAC rifle thus far, it serves its role(s) well in that it isn't the best at any particular thing, but can fill more roles than most things. And thank heaven for that discount.

Dude its a 5k rifle, it should have outstanding accuracy or what good is it?

Because there are comps out there that pretty much tell you if you don't shoot a gasser as your secondary your going to hate your life.

I gave the EMC a try...the shifting of where it was hitting was verified by two other people with FGMM and my own hand loads. Its not like I'm hating on it with never having used the damn thing.

A hensoldt is Massive? Are you kidding?

I'm not Kevin, so it isn't my job to defend KAC. And I will most certainly grant that they have had their fair share of lemons in the basket. Shit happens, and I know i'd be giving someone on the phone in FL an ear-full if I was sure my rifle couldn't make sub-MOA.

But by your logic, a $5K AIAW should be the most accurate rifle in the game...and we all know that better accuracy can be achieved at much less cost.

If accuracy alone was a man's goal, I say he would be a fool to choose this platform.

lol, it would probably be easier to explain how you arrive at 5k with a AW than it would be with a EMC.

I'd be interested in a 10k match up between a Larue Tactical OBR and the KAC EMC......and you have no idea how much it pains me to say it.....I think the OBR would come out on top.

I tend to disagree with the AW comment. Mine is a .25 moa rifle right out of the box, I haven't ever seen one be more than .5 moa. And it isn't just the accuracy you are paying for. You are paying for the most rugged and most used sniper rifle in the world. It is still (with the AX) the only rifle using a bonded action chassis that I know of.

On the other hand, the KAC is the price. Name ONE benefit to the KAC over an OBR, GAP-10, etc, other than that "the military uses them."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sigh...

I'm not sure what you can do to a barrel and bolt that make them cost $1,915.00; a bolt carrier that costs $850.00; a firing pin that costs $77.00; or even a charging handle that costs $190 (not forged or even a Gas Buster). It must be all that R&D to develop a product that already existed; or to fund a helicopter or tank museum. </div></div>

Hahahahaha! Perfect summation of the Fraud that is KAC, the Jackasses that spend money on these POS rifles and the stupider fan boys that worship at the alter of KAC...I couldnt have said it better myself.

Poison123,

I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way, I hope you find a solution so that you are not too out of cash.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sigh...

I'm not sure what you can do to a barrel and bolt that make them cost $1,915.00; a bolt carrier that costs $850.00; a firing pin that costs $77.00; or even a charging handle that costs $190 (not forged or even a Gas Buster). It must be all that R&D to develop a product that already existed; or to fund a helicopter or tank museum. </div></div>

Hahahahaha! Perfect summation of the Fraud that is KAC, the Jackasses that spend money on these POS rifles and the stupider fan boys that worship at the alter of KAC...I couldnt have said it better myself.

Poison123,

I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way, I hope you find a solution so that you are not too out of cash. </div></div>

Funny enough I called up George the next day and he sorted me out.

I own an EMC and I am very pleased with it. It does everything I ask it to. It will easily hold under 1 moa with the right ammo - but I didn't buy it to shoot F class. I choose the EMC because I wanted a light weight, soft recoiling 308 gun that I could run the shit out of both suppressed/ unsuppressed and not worry about it taking a shit on me. Based on these criteria, I choose it, and like I said - it hasn't let me down yet. I think you choose the rifle for your needs - not an expectation of accuracy based on cost. If your criteria for a semi-auto is pure accuracy - there are probably better choices - but as long as you have found something now that meets your need/ expectations, well that's all that matters.

Back to the topic at hand, the SR-25 doesn't lend itself well to upgrading without doing some major work. Outside of changing grips or the stock there isn't much else that can be done. I don't believe they were designed with easily being able to rebarrel or upgrade rails, etc. They were designed and marketed to meet military requirements, not the adaptability of the commercial market. I also think KAC honestly admits who their priority client is and tailors products for them. That being said, I have always found them to have great customer service and that they do try to make their products commercially available whenever possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol, it would probably be easier to explain how you arrive at 5k with a AW than it would be with a EMC.

I'd be interested in a 10k match up between a Larue Tactical OBR and the KAC EMC......and you have no idea how much it pains me to say it.....I think the OBR would come out on top. </div></div>

Ouch......I'm aware of the mess you were involved in on TOS during what some would call the Lowlight/Larue wars. And maybe so, but I wouldn't give dime one for the OBR or some others in terms of aesthetics.

And a big +1 for the above. I can't say it any better than Post just did, so I will say no more.

Can see many people showing a lot of hate towards KAC but there is many brands out there to consider, it all goes down to personal preferences and no one is forced to buy a KAC, and as of all the stupid persons like me that have bought a KAC product we are very happy with them and they hold a good resale value and the company have a very long history. If i don't like something i just don't buy it, and i'm not going to talk crap of something i have never owned or know about, only heard from third parties or couple of bad experieces remember nothing is perfect in life. I don't have any affiliation to KAC but i respect all the hard working U S citizens that work very hard to produce a great product to defend our country.If you don't like KAC too bad there is a lot of milspec wannabees out there.

Titom.....you must have missed the part about Poison having previously owned an EMC, the post from jakhamr81 about him being in the service using one, so those are 1st hand reports.....

I'm not Kevin and I have not got any interest in defending KAC , I only want to state that my SR25 is a truly reliable & subMOA boomstick far to 700 meters , it is geared with S&B 3-12x50 USMC and shots M118LR 175gr .

I'd should not trade this baby with any other semiauto SWS actually even if I well know that George @ GAP make excellent semiautos though ,

just my € 0,2

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Poison123,

I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way, I hope you find a solution so that you are not too out of cash. </div></div>

Funny enough I called up George the next day and he sorted me out. </div></div>

I think it is hilarious that you two are comparing KAC a (manufacturing company) to GA Precision a(custom shop)over an accuracy "problem/solution."

I have rifles built by both "respectable" companies. Everyone knows that if you have an issue with either companies product that they will not hesitate to resolve the problem. If you had contacted either company concerning issues and they said go F-yourself.....then I could see a reason to come here and bash!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: teufelhunden</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tx_Flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Poison123,

Funny enough I called up George the next day and he sorted me out. </div></div>

I think it is hilarious that you two are comparing KAC a (manufacturing company) to GA Precision a(custom shop)over an accuracy "problem/solution."

I have rifles built by both "respectable" companies. Everyone knows that if you have an issue with either companies product that they will not hesitate to resolve the problem. If you had contacted either company concerning issues and they said go F-yourself.....then I could see a reason to come here and bash!!!

</div></div>

Dude I was warned off a AD SEAL and a Former SEAL about KAC.....Yet I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and try it out since I needed a gas gun 2 weeks before a Major Comp. Right out of the box accuracy issues.....I'm sorry but a 5k gun that will shift where its putting the bullets on a 100 yard target by .5-1.5" after every two shots is f'ing unacceptable. And that was repeated by 2 people who actually are good at shooting gas guns.

If I had more time before the comp, I *might* have considered sending it back. But I was down to 2 weeks before the comp, and George came through for me immediately. That was a no brainer.

The performance of the EMC does not demand the price they charge for it.

I'm sure Kevin, and the Knights guys are all great guys etc. And I plan on trying to drop by their booth at Shot to say hi. But these are my exp with the rifle.

Poison, my only question is did you give KAC a chance to make it right? I have no issues unleashing the hounds on a Co. that failed to do right, but I believe they deserve to be given the chance to correct the issue because NO ONE puts out perfect rifles every time. Not even one man custom shops. Now for me, I have had the SCAR17, LMT MWS and now the EMC. So far I like the EMC best. Weight of the SCAR, handling and accuracy of the MWS minus the severe front heaviness of the MWS. But my focus is not DMR. My wants/needs seem to be in line with the other EMC owners here. I havent benched mine yet but accuracy has been very good so far. I loved my MWS but it was simply to heavy/nose heavy for my wants. I loved the light weight of the SCAR17 but did not like the way that massive bolt slinging back and forth rocked the rifle compared to AR based systems and accuracy was so so on mine. I will knw better the virues or flaws of the EMC once I have more rounds down range doing drills on the clock etc etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poison_123, you could have easily called us up and explained the issue, and we would have taken care of you.
</div></div>

Kevin - does this hold true for those that are not the original owner?

TIA

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shane45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe they deserve to be given the chance to correct the issue because NO ONE puts out perfect rifles every time. Not even one man custom shops.</div></div>
Poison123...

Not even GA Precision is perfect in that retrospect. That's why a bunch of us are having to send our GAP-10 uppers back to have the chamber fixed. The likeliness of KAC getting the problem resolved and back to you in time to get sighted in and comfortable before the match is unlikely though.

My 2 cents as useless as it is... I've shot my friends KAC a couple times and I just don't see or feel the price tag. I understand there's R&D costs, but after so long when those costs have already been recouped then KAC is no longer charging for said R&D but simply turning profit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poison_123, you could have easily called us up and explained the issue, and we would have taken care of you.
</div></div>
Kevin,
Because you're a product Liaison I want to point out that you still have yet to respond to any one of the numerous questions or concerns regarding your inflated costs. As a Product Liaison I would assume you know the manufacturing costs inside and out and down to the last pin. I know KAC doesn't feel they have to justify their costs to the civilian sector as their primary consumer is Military, but they would do well to remember that the civilians are still the ones footing the bill. The sub MOA was only 1/2 the issue...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin,
Because you're a product Liaison I want to point out that you still have yet to respond to any one of the numerous questions or concerns regarding your inflated costs. As a Product Liaison I would assume you know the manufacturing costs inside and out and down to the last pin. I know KAC doesn't feel they have to justify their costs to the civilian sector as their primary consumer is Military, but they would do well to remember that the civilians are still the ones footing the bill. The sub MOA was only 1/2 the issue...
</div></div>

I've seen Kevin explain the reasoning for this across several different posts. In a simple and short summary, it falls on having to charge a civi the same amount they charge Uncle Sam in their contracts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angry_Pirate</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kevin,
</div></div>

I've seen Kevin explain the reasoning for this across several different posts. In a simple and short summary, it falls on having to charge a civi the same amount they charge Uncle Sam in their contracts. </div></div>

I will risk throwing this thread even further off track by saying I hope that is not the answer. If you are inflating prices just because you can inside of a fat goverment contract and then pass the same inflated price on to the people who are footing the bill for your original profit margin that would be extremely frustrating as a tax payer and a consumer. I am all for companies making money but a 'just because' answer is wouldn't bode well for my opinion of a company. I am going to assume that it goes deeper than that for my own peace of mind.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kchustle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will risk throwing this thread even further off track by saying I hope that is not the answer. If you are inflating prices just because you can inside of a fat goverment contract and then pass the same inflated price on to the people who are footing the bill for your original profit margin that would be extremely frustrating as a tax payer and a consumer. I am all for companies making money but a 'just because' answer is wouldn't bode well for my opinion of a company. I am going to assume that it goes deeper than that for my own peace of mind. </div></div>

Mind you they are not just selling rifles to the govt its a big ass kit. And don't take my word for gospel, its what I recall reading in the past. Moreover, if its too expensive for you and your wife halls your ass in for spending that kind of cash, maybe you should look at DPMS.

To tell you the truth this is the first time I have ever heard anything bad about KAC I have only heard great things about them, which is why I thought you paid extra anyways. Its a tested and proven system, been around for a while and they make high quality ARs. I have always wanted to add one to my arsenal with a nice optic just trying to get some of the smaller stuff out of the way first.