• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SSG08 338 or TRG 42

Gruffy

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2014
Tennessee
I have searched on here and can't find information. I have been shooting f-class a while now and am looking into some of the big boys....

Does anyone on here have experience with the SSG? I am torn between it and the 42. I figure after i buy a couple of mags for the 42 and the bipod, etc. they will be pretty similarly priced before I get glass.

I will recommend either one for long range shooting any time, any day. I do not own either but shot both before. I love all the standard features come with ssg08. Trg42 is a shooter w a little heavier and thicker barrel. I would go with trg42 if money is consideration. I would go with ssg08 for a conversation piece.

Thanks. I'm not going to compete with it, just pop some hogs and steel at range. Given that, I'm not too worried about barrel profile, as shot strings won't be too rapid.

Either one has no issue on how fast you shoot. Check w Euro optics and see if they have either one w demo on sale.