• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

Re: Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

Calbearz,

From what I have seen you have all the information you need to purchase the media. The decision is now yours as to you following thorugh and purchasing it.

Beyond that I think you are spitting in the wind.

If I am incorrect please feel to PM me.

Calbearz The media comes from a gentleman who I believe does not make very much money on the media. He does it more to support his fellow shooters. You can do a search on the internet and find a lot of SS media, but one site had it for $50 a lb with a 50 lb min order. Be patient he is active on this forum.

Funny, I had no problems ordering my SS media from the not so mysterious guy (he doesnt want his name and addy posted all over the forums, whats wrong with him wanting to avoid that...geez) and it was easy to fill out the form and send him some moola. Did that last week, my media shows up Monday. Couldnt have been easier if I had hit an Easy Button. he even called me today to let me know it was on the way...but, as I told him earlier, when he got it in and when it showed up was not an issue, I would just wait for it to be delivered. But, he stayed on top of things when he didnt need to.

If you want the SS media, order it, otherwise, zippin' it might be in order. :)

John

My first batch of brass in my Model B high speed with the SS media is going right now, 78 260 cases, and 200 40s&w, 1 40 case of Lemihine, squirt of Dawn, and hot water filled 1.5 inches from the top, I'm excited to see the results.

The "mystery man" is a good guy. Go ahead and shop around; you won't beat the prices here. And definitely not the customer service.

after 35 minutes the pistol brass is almost completely free of carbon dirt or anything esle, the 260 brass is just as clean and shinnie as spending the night in my POS RCBS vib tumbler with walnut shells, this rocks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">after 35 minutes the pistol brass is almost completely free of carbon dirt or anything esle, the 260 brass is just as clean and shinnie as spending the night in my POS RCBS vib tumbler with walnut shells, this rocks! </div></div>

I assume you deprimed?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh yeah </div></div>

You will get to see the full magic

Well after almost two hours the pistol brass is like new, and the 260 brass is perfect on the outside and about 60% clean on the inside, I gotta go to bed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well after almost two hours the pistol brass is like new, and the 260 brass is perfect on the outside and about 60% clean on the inside, I gotta go to bed. </div></div>

Welcome to the great <span style="font-size: 14pt">washed</span> masses........

Another Convert!
grin.gif

427cobra, welcome to the club! It's like getting a new bag of brass every time you open the tumbler.

That media you got was from the original order way way back.

It should serve you well for many years to come!

Terry

Poll Results as of 6/11/10 5:00pm EST

6-11-10polls.jpg

I had to bite - the pictures just look too good.

At first I was just using Dawn and hot water. The cases got really clean on the outside, but not like new on the inside. I was cleaning some really dirty, really old, once-fired LC Match .308. The insides were filthy.

But after I found the Lemishine and combined that with the Ivory like Terry recommended, voilla. I believe Lemishine or a similar product is a required component of this process.

Four hours in the tumbler with a couple squirts of Ivory, a teaspoon of Lemishine, and hot tap water is the ticket.

Corn cob and walnut will never clean the inside of the cases as well as this process.

I'm 15 minutes into my first batch of cleaning some brass using the secret man's media and the Thumbler. Is it too soon to check on them??

Just wait 4 hours and then admire your new jewelry.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 79M1a-texas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm 15 minutes into my first batch of cleaning some brass using the secret man's media and the Thumbler. Is it too soon to check on them?? </div></div>

Well, how did they come out???
grin.gif

Terry

.223 brass clean inside and out, .260 brass clean inside and out, 40s&w the same, and guess how .45acp turned out, I hope my shooting improves as much as brass cleaning has.

Well, the source sent 30lbs of media to yours truly, all the way down under. Took 8 days to get here. Apparently, he likes aussies, so clearly he's a man of sound judgment and character!

As I write this, I have 5lbs of it tumbling away in a Lortone QT12 tumbler with some deprimed 223 brass, hot water, dish soap, about 15ml of citranox and some rinse aid.

<span style="font-weight: bold">And I've just taken it out! I will be dipped in shit if the stuff isn't cleaner than the day I bought it. Bloody unbelievable! 100% inside and out!</span>

Just sitting here waiting for the postal lady to drop off my box of media.....getting nervous, as I really want to try that stuff out tonight! Will be nice to join the "washed" masses. :)

sent my check in got my media.
brass is clean life is good.

someone posted the address on the net (not here) and now the guy is trying to get it erased.
I wish him luck and hope it will not happen again.
why does someone allways have to mess something up.

My USPS heavy box just showed up so I will be headed home shortly to test out the new media. Weehooo!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, the source sent 30lbs of media to yours truly, all the way down under. Took 8 days to get here. Apparently, he likes aussies, so clearly he's a man of sound judgment and character!

As I write this, I have 5lbs of it tumbling away in a Lortone QT12 tumbler with some deprimed 223 brass, hot water, dish soap, about 15ml of citranox and some rinse aid.

<span style="font-weight: bold">And I've just taken it out! I will be dipped in shit if the stuff isn't cleaner than the day I bought it. Bloody unbelievable! 100% inside and out!</span> </div></div>

You owe me some good seafood and some Fosters Oil cans! LOL!

Congrats and good Shooting! Wow 8 days to get it! I think it took that long for media I mailed from PA to TX!

427cobra was looking at the freaking window for the horse, or the hobo to deliver it!

Got mine today, fired up the QT12 with 20 50 BMG cases, the is range pick up brass fired in M2HB, read dirty dirty dirty! I sorted 500 rounds and my hand looked like I put on a dirt glove! 4 hours later, it looks better than new. Great stuff. Not sure why all the secrecy, but what ever, anybody with an above room temp IQ can figure out how they make it in 30 sec looking at it.

Will post pics soon!

Good luck guys, now I just need a 40 lb tumbler.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, the source sent 30lbs of media to yours truly, all the way down under. Took 8 days to get here. Apparently, he likes aussies, so clearly he's a man of sound judgment and character!

<span style="font-weight: bold">And I've just taken it out! I will be dipped in shit if the stuff isn't cleaner than the day I bought it. Bloody unbelievable! 100% inside and out!</span> </div></div>

Congrats and good Shooting! Wow 8 days to get it! I think it took that long for media I mailed from PA to TX!

427cobra was looking at the freaking window for the horse, or the hobo to deliver it! </div></div>

Good old USPS are normally pretty reliable in the international mail stakes but mileage does vary. Got lucky this time.

And I will thank you for your help by now doing you a favour: A Fosters intervention. Mate - you can't be serious! Here's a hot tip you blokes, Aussies don't drink Fosters (unless they're dying of thirst or toilet water isn't available). It is the crack whore of Australian beers and we don't let our mates dirty themselves on nasty skanks, now - do we? Time to move up!
wink.gif
LOL

PS - I'm about to be 5lbs of media lighter. Rath tracked me down and made menacing demands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Priest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, the source sent 30lbs of media to yours truly, all the way down under. Took 8 days to get here. Apparently, he likes aussies, so clearly he's a man of sound judgment and character!

427cobra was looking at the freaking window for the horse, or the hobo to deliver it! </div></div>

Good old USPS are normally pretty reliable in the international mail stakes but mileage does vary. Got lucky this time.

And I will thank you for your help by now doing you a favour: A Fosters intervention. Mate - you can't be serious! Here's a hot tip you blokes, Aussies don't drink Fosters (unless they're dying of thirst or toilet water isn't available). It is the crack whore of Australian beers and we don't let our mates dirty themselves on nasty skanks, now - do we? Time to move up!
wink.gif
LOL

PS - I'm about to be 5lbs of media lighter. Rath tracked me down and made menacing demands. </div></div>

Ha ha, yes indeed I'm on the bandwagon with a Lortone on the way, thanks for the info on this thread and thanks Priest for the Media hook up. My fingers will not allow me to type the name of the beer you have mentioned save to save it's donkey piss at best and no self respecting aussie would have it near him.
grin.gif

Guys,

I ran a batch last night for at least 4 hours and they didnt come out shiney clean on the INSIDE. Outside and primer pockets were definitely clean, but not the inside. I put about 100 pcs of 308Win LC brass in there that has been fired 4x. I used plenty of dish soap and Lemishine, filled the water up till about 2 inches from top.

Thoughts??

John

Priest, when I have a cold one it is typically a Belgium beer! Last time I was down under that was what everyone said about Fosters. Kind of like Corona beer for Mehhico!!

Your now the media connection for Down under! LOL!

But I still will take some Seafood! Seeing how all ours now comes lightly oiled!

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Guys,

I ran a batch last night for at least 4 hours and they didnt come out shiney clean on the INSIDE. Outside and primer pockets were definitely clean, but not the inside. I put about 100 pcs of 308Win LC brass in there that has been fired 4x. I used plenty of dish soap and Lemishine, filled the water up till about 2 inches from top.

Thoughts??

John
</div></div>

Did you rinse your media well from the batch prior to it.

Try running your media by itself with soap and lemishine. Kind of a cleaning cycle for the media! If you do not rinse the media well the carbon will adhere to it and affect the previous batches.

Terry

He put in 100 cases fired four times thus he had the carbon for 400 cases to get out. It is going to take another run or maybe two with scuzzy cases. I have had to tumble really scuzzy ones as much as 24 hours but they will come clean.

Cool, will try that then. What are you guys using to "strain" your media so you dont lose it?

I uses de following:
Go to Target Sto back in kitchen gadgets and get a 8" stainless steel FINE MESH collander/strainer. Note they gots two makes, one by Oxo for like 7.00 and the other no name for like 8.00. Your pocket book will make that decision.

Go to Wally World and get two 12 qt Sterilite dish pans. The white ones stain from carbon, the black ones don't show nor do the red ones. While at Wally World get a Anchor measuring glass in kitchen gadget section for about a buck. Starts measuring at 1/2 ounce.

When tumbling is completed I dump out brass/media/black water in one dish pan till no more brass is left. I don't dump full load on the theory if it never leaves the tumbler you can't lose it.

The other dish pan is filled with 8 to 10 quarts of clean water.

Reaching in the nasty black water (what you wife will tell you if you axe her to hep!) and take a case in each hand, hold primer pocket down and then mouth down AND SHAKE WHILE CASES ARE STILL UNDER THE SURFACE and then drop both cases into other pan with clean water.

After removing cases go outside and pour black water off THROUGH THE STRAINER will you hear a few dings/pings of the media hitting strainer. Stop right there and don't dump all the media in strainer.

Go get other pan with cases and clean water and after agitating the cases well to make sure they are rinsed you pour this water on the media in pan 1 about 1/4th the volume at each pour. By the time you get all the water out of pan one the media will be sparkling clean. Dump the few pins from the strainer back in with rest and go place back in drum.

On pan 2 remove the brass and place in drying area and you may or may not find a few pins in this one that came out with the rinse agitation.

This way you don't lose any pins.

The best reason they don't clean (based on opinion of chemical engineer I know) is the soap stops working when a certain threshold is met. To keep on cleaning you need more soap or less cases. Then again the water in your area may be harder than other areas.

My water comes from a well and is soft thusly I use 1/2 ounce of Ivory/Dawn and 5CC (Lee powder scoop) or 9MM case full of Limishine on once fired cases.
Actually I am next looking for a 6 or 7CC scoop next.

On cases with multiple firing history 1 ounce of soap and a 9MM case of Limishine.

I use hot water right from kitchen sink and fill almost to rim.

I have had good luck using screen door material. Lowe's has it in rolls for like 6 bucks. Double it up and tape it over a five gallon bucket. Some off the pins will make it threw, but will end up in the bucket

I have just been using a plastic tub with holes drilled smaller than the media diameter in the bottom for the water to drain out.

I dump all my brass and media into the tub while running hot water thru it. I shake the media out under the water and toss the brass into another tub with clean hot water.

That's all I do, then I dump the media back into the drum for the next cycle.

Terry

Some experience under my belt now. Done about 8 batches, the amount of soap seems to be important, I did one batch with low soap and the insides were not as clean. Make sure you have suds in the top when you open the tumbler, no suds = not enough soap.
I have found 1/2 Tablespoon of dawn concentrate to work well.

My before and after pictures.

PICT3742.jpg
PICT3748.jpg

Pretty cool, hard to beleave they are the same cases. I ran some in my Dillon vibratory cleaner for 12 hours, they were cleaner, good enough to load I guess but not even close to the cases cleaned with stainless media. Here is a picture of the cases from the vibratory cleaner filled with walnut hull and rapid polish, run for about 12 hours.
PICT3752.jpg

I use lemishine, I don't think they could get any cleaner

Thanks,

I bought a media separtor from Cabelas today, wow I wish I had bought one years ago!

I used a enviromental dryer today, the TEXAS sun, one of the wifes cookie sheets, a towel, and the sun, dry brass in 15 minutes.

The media separator is clutch. Otherwise you are sitting there for like a half hour dumping the pins out in the water, one case at a time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a enviromental dryer today, the TEXAS sun, one of the wifes cookie sheets, a towel, and the sun, dry brass in 15 minutes. </div></div>

Your so Green! If the sun ever shines in PA I would do that too!

Got the whole process figured out yet!

Terry

Pretty much, CKA and me both like it, ALOT.

Everybody should thank Terry for enlightning us on this, Thank You for sharing your knowledge and secrets with us Terry.

Mark needs the thanks!

But, I will take any compliments I can get!

After a lot of PM's I have responded to, I would love to know how many SS media converts are actually out there.

Guess I will have to see if Mark has kept count! I know it's all over the USA, Australia, Sweden, UK, and some more I am sure.

Glad to see others have the same success I have had with it!

Terry

I use the +/- $35 rotary media separator from rcbs. In a bathtub I fill the lower half with water, set the lower half of the cage in it, dump in the brass/media, snap on the top half and then turn it back and forth for a minute or so. The last time I did this I had exactly two pieces of media among the 130 308 cases when I took em out, not one other piece inside a case or flashhole. If you rinse in really hot water they dry pretty fast too.
A media separator, while isnt mandatory, REALLY makes the process better. Not having one with this set up, as well as it works otherwise, would be like putting a tasco on a GAP.
Thanks again, I have the best looking brass around now...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used a enviromental dryer today, the TEXAS sun, one of the wifes cookie sheets, a towel, and the sun, dry brass in 15 minutes.</div></div>

Same here. Nothing like the sun and a bit of breeze to dry them right up. I have a batch coming out in a few hours that will be sunning themselves.

Anyone concerned about the potential barrel damage if by some crazy chance a few smidgens of the media is left in the case at the time of loading?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Master_Blaster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone concerned about the potential barrel damage if by some crazy chance a few smidgens of the media is left in the case at the time of loading? </div></div>

I found that the 22 Hornet cases have a real problem with stuck media. I am getting about 30% with stuck pieces, some with 4 to 5 in them. I will clean them out before I shoot them and I am having a few that don't want to cooperate
mad.gif

I will not be using the ss media for them any more.
frown.gif

Shake them out under water! I have found that 22 hornets are stubborn with the media, but I can typically get them cleared by doing it that way. The occasional case requires needle nose pliers.

Are you adding LemiShine to the mix! I noticed the Surfactant level of the water affects it too.

Terry