• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

Re: Stainless Steel Media Testimonials

I gotta give a <span style="font-weight: bold">BIG +1</span> to whoever recommended doing a "final bath" with Lemishine and water. WOW! After just a few minutes, the cases come out so bright and shiny that it looked like I polished them with Flitz! I even took some previously cleaned brass (that I had already sized and processed) that was starting to turn a darker brass color and did about a five minute dip in the water/Lemishine solution and they came out looking just as bright and shiny.

I'm now going to bathe all of my previous cleaned (and mostly processed) brass too. I don't mind the extra "dry cycle" that I'll have to do because the results look SPECTACULAR.

I just sprinkled maybe a .45ACP case worth or so of Lemishine into about a gallon of water. Probably more than I needed but it worked well. I'm going to try to cut it down to about a 9mm case worth to see if it's just as effective. No sense in wasting the Lemishine if it's not necessary...man, I gotta stock up on more Lemishine...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Vegas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't read the entire post yet (7th page) but am I the only one that uses an air compressor to quick dry the brass? I also use the walnut media to dry em out but only at night because the compressor gets really loud when it's on. </div></div>
Yes I use compressed air if I am in a hurry to reload it works well and I test the insides with a Qtip to make sure they are dry. I have a 5 gallon air tank that I fill in the garage to use in the house. One thing that I have found using the SS media is that if I size any of my 6.5 cases I always get some pins stuck sideways. It is not a problem if they are unsized.

$1 shipping at Mcfeelys today if any needs some knobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">First let me give credit to the original poster of this.

"dryflash3" from AR15.com</span>

I had similar knobs but they was too large in diameter to work without hitting the rollers.

This modification to the Thumlers is a must have as far as I am concerned. I originally repalced the cheap wing nuts with better ones from Home Depot. However, this beats the wing nuts hands down. A true must have for the Thumlers owners.

1/4" Anti Vibration Nuts

They are $0.71/ea and you will need six (6) for your Tumbler, and don't forget the S&H.

Knobs.jpg

Tumblerw-knobs.jpg

Once again thanks to the OP dryflash3 for this info. Unlike some, I give credit where credit is due!

Terry </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DamnYuppie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ClintB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please send me the contact information.
Thanks, Terry
</div></div>

Just google them. They have a site you can order off of. </div></div>

Not True! If you got contact info from google or any other person other than me(Terry/Suasponte) you did not get Mark's contact info.

If it was not for this thread on Snipers Hide all these others sellers would not have supplied it. They have all jumped on the band wagon. Mark was the one that started this and my post in the Media for Tumbling thread is what started all of this.

NOT STM! NOT BUFFALO ARMS! NOT SINCLAIR! Sniper's Hide is where this SS Media craze originated! Anyone else that stated they came up with it is full of shit!

There are leaders and followers! And always somebody that takes credit they do not deserve!</div></div>

I was unaware of that, thanks for the clarification. My understanding was the poster was looking to order some SSM. I have noticed that when I google for it the one that pops up is the same one that advertises here on the Hide so I mistakenly assumed they were the same people and responded as such.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yes I use compressed air if I am in a hurry to reload it works well and I test the insides with a Qtip to make sure they are dry. I have a 5 gallon air tank that I fill in the garage to use in the house. One thing that I have found using the SS media is that if I size any of my 6.5 cases I always get some pins stuck sideways. It is not a problem if they are unsized. </div></div>

Alright! yeah, a blast of air to get the water out and I let 'em air dry for 10-20mins does the trick. I also get the stuck media in 1/15, but I do have a pen to push the stuck pins out, no biggie
laugh.gif

Just ran some brass with my new Thumbler's B tumbler and Mark's stainless steel media, LemiShine and Dawn....Wow! My only possible complaint is that 2 lbs of LC 308 brass is 80 cases and I just bought a bunch... Man, the brass looks great! I also put in a few pieces of extremely weathered range brass and it looks new.

(The following little jingle is sung to the tune of This little heart of mine, I'm gonna let it shine)

This dirty brass of mine,
I'm gonna make it shine

I'm gonna make it shine.

I'm gonna make it shine.

LemiShine, LemiShine, LemiShine...

HeHeHe...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TooFarGone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This dirty brass of mine,
I'm gonna make it shine

I'm gonna make it shine.

I'm gonna make it shine.

LemiShine, LemiShine, LemiShine...

HeHeHe...

</div></div>

Man, you ARE too far gone!

(pretty funny!)

You should not drink alcohol or do drugs while Reloading!
crazy.gif

Nor shall you sniff or inhale Lemishine!
wink.gif

Terry

All it takes is one big whiff of the Lemishine while pouring out the dirty water to cure you of that habit!

And TooFarGone, I got to where I doubled the 80 cases at a time I started with. It still works just fine in the same amount of time.

Yep, I am running anywhere from 100-150 cases (308) at a time and it does just fine. Spectacularly actually. Will have to try the lemishine bath. Oh, and I also use compressed air when I am in a hurry.

My "I need to load NOW" routine is pull the brass out of the tumbler, throw it in a quart jar of denatured alcohol, blow out the case with compressed air (40PSI if anyone cares) and throw on a towel. Within 15 minutes, dry and ready to load. When I am not going to load that day, I just blow out the water with the air to make sure nothing is in the flash hole and throw on the towel overnight.

madd0c

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recce556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">really want to know these 54 people..... </div></div>
As the saying goes, "Haters gonna hate"...these 54 people obviously have NOT tried it and just voted. There is NO POSSIBLE WAY that other methods listed gives you BETTER results (I have tried all three methods myself). The ONLY way they could have gotten worse results is if they somehow screwed up (tip: don't add a tin of black shoe shine to your tumbler!) </div></div>

That assumption would be incorrect. I was doing this with angle cut ceramic media, ceramic beads and used primers long before anyone started selling this stuff and was one of the first people to buy it when it did showed up. I posted severalthreads about it. Does it get the cases cleaner and shinier than other methods? Sure.

However, when I consider the overall time spend removing the burr left by that peeing and headaches it causes in a tighter match chambers, it simply isn't worth it. The little bit of extra clean isn't worth the hassle caused by the peeing. Yes, that burr can be removed by trimming shorter, but that only works once unless you want to keep hacking down your brass. Every time you clean with this media, the cases get shorter on their own. Its actually nice if you have a chamber that is loose enough to tolerate the burr because you never have to trim your brass. Great in my Lee Enfield, but in my precision guns those burrs cause fits and have been a PITA to remove. I can see the effects of them not only in velocities and on paper, but in the pressure traces I take with my RSI system. Every time I get a little spike in velocity or pressure, if I take the fired case and try to drop a bullet into it, I can feel the friction of the remaining burr still grasping the bullet. This causes HUGE variations in neck tension. It's basically a donut at the case mouth. It prevents a clean release of the bullet and chamferring doesn't always get it all.

Sure the US system doesn't polish the scratches out of the cases, but I can polish them in the regular tumbler every few firings if I want to and then clean the dust out in the US. That new Hornady solution is amazing. It only takes 15 min to get the cases completely clean using it in the US (Branson 2510), even less if I clean the primer pockets quickly with a uniforming tool (which takes far less time than removing the burr). For pistol brass, I've just been putting it in the tumbler with the Hornady solution, but without the SS media. Gets just as clean on the outside and nearly as clean and polished on the inside without the hassle of having to separate the media out. Doesn't need to be shiny clean on the inside for pistol rounds. I don't bother deprimming the cases either, it also isn't necessary for pistol rounds.

The only thing I use this stuff for anymore is polishing bullet that I've swaged. Never use it for cases anymore, and believe me, it isn't because of lack of experience using it. If this stuff works with your chamber, then great! But don't assume that it's all unicorns and rainbows with every gun out there because it isn't.

Got off the phone with Mark awhile back and was told something that pisses me beyond all F'n hell. He told me that some jackass had poisoned his dog and that the dog did not make it.

Keep him in your thoughts guys cause he has taken it hard.

Also, let us hope the coward bastard or bastards that did it face justice.

biggles.jpg

Terry

Wow, what kind of f'king asshole does that? Please send my condolences...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, when I consider the overall time spend removing the burr left by that peeing and headaches it causes in a tighter match chambers, it simply isn't worth it. The little bit of extra clean isn't worth the hassle caused by the peeing.</div></div>
Do you mean peeNing? As in the media "striking" the case mouth and causing burrs? I deprime, clean then size and finish case prepping and so far, I haven't seen an issue with that. Even if you tumbled without the SS media, you could technically still get burrs from the cases hitting each other. I've turned several friends onto this method and none of them have have this problem that you have. Not saying it's not a valid problem, I just haven't seen or heard of it until now.

recce556,

I have been using the SS media for a couple of years now, and peening is an unfortunate side effect of getting clean brass. It is most likely from the cases banging the shit out of each other in the thumlers. I say this bc I get more peening with 338 cases than with 300 or 308, and I get the least with 223 and pistol cases.

However, it is not as morbid as kombayotch is making it out to be. Like I stated in an earlier post, if you are serious about loading, then you will be tending to your case mouths anyway. The brass does indeed "auto-trim", but it will still grow, just at a slower rate.

Kombayotch mentioned about the peened edge making friction with the bullet and causing inconsistent neck tension; very true indeed. In fact, I have seen neck tensions measured to be as high as 0.008", when I was trying to get 0.002". I was led to believe that the Lapua brass I was using had wide variations in wall thickness. However, this was not the case; it was simply because I was measuring off the bulge from the case mouth. This was easily remedied by properly sizing the brass without the expander ball, then giving the mouth a gentle chamfer until the peen is removed, and an adequate chamfer is performed. With this method, I get consistent neck tension (max variance of 0.0005") between loaded rounds. In addition, the neck tension is true and uniform over the bearing surface of the bullet, as evidenced by minimal wobble when measuring the case necks with my micrometer.

Sorry to hear about Mark's dog Terry

I also am interested in a SS source. Just for info I have the THUMLER'S 140 Model B Heavy Duty 15#Rock Tumbler and that alone has improved the effectiveness of standard media compared to vibratory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hunter_usmc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also am interested in a SS source. Just for info I have the THUMLER'S 140 Model B Heavy Duty 15#Rock Tumbler and that alone has improved the effectiveness of standard media compared to vibratory </div></div>

PM sent for contact info!

Palmik: PM me you contact info. My phone shit to bed and I lost it.

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recce556</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kombayotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">However, when I consider the overall time spend removing the burr left by that peeing and headaches it causes in a tighter match chambers, it simply isn't worth it. The little bit of extra clean isn't worth the hassle caused by the peeing.</div></div>
Do you mean peeNing? As in the media "striking" the case mouth and causing burrs? I deprime, clean then size and finish case prepping and so far, I haven't seen an issue with that. Even if you tumbled without the SS media, you could technically still get burrs from the cases hitting each other. I've turned several friends onto this method and none of them have have this problem that you have. Not saying it's not a valid problem, I just haven't seen or heard of it until now. </div></div>

Yes, you will get it from tumbling the brass without the SS media as well, which is why I don't let the cases for my precision guns go anywhere near the rotary tumbler anymore. The peening causes the edge of the case mouth to either roll or mushroom and when you chamfer the case mouth, there is still a little bit of it left because the angle or the chagrining tool isn't steep enough to get it. The only way to be sure that it is gone is to trim past it.

Whether or not it is a problem for you is highly dependent on how much clearance you have between the case neck and your chamber wall. If you only have 4-5 though clearance, it doesn't take much of a burr to cause interference between the case mouth and the bullet. The 0.008" mentioned above is more than enough to cause that in many chambers.

These are traces from a group where a bullet would drop freely into each case after it was fired:
no_burrs.jpg

In this group, the case mouth prevented the bullet from falling in two of the cases (burr not fully removed):
burrs.jpg

You could feel the friction. In both cases, velocity SD numbers were in the singles. However, the group with the tight traces was better (they usually are). I've seen the exact same thing with donuts at the bottom of the case neck...

Was it a huge problem? No! I'm sure most people probably wouldn't even notice. And, I bet that if many here took their fired cases and tried to slip a bullet into the case mouth, they would find there was interference. There shouldn't be, it should be a slip fit. The bullet should slide in and out of a fired case freely. If it doesn't, then that you are not getting a clean bullet release. There isn't consistent neck tension when the bullet leave the case because there is a ring of brass getting squeezed between the bullet and the chamber wall. You may still get low SDs and ok groups, but I guarantee you that the groups would be better and more consistent if you could take a bullet and drop it freely into each and every case after it was fired.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Edit: </span>One thing I should mention is that getting the burr off of the inside of the neck is easy. A steep chamferring tool like the K&M one does it nicely. The problem is the part on the outside of the neck because de-burring tools don't have a steep enough angle to get it without turning the case on it's side. If it is still present it's still a nuisance, but it will get pushed to the inside of the neck during firing (from the pressure), where it can be detected and then removed with the chamferring tool. It sometimes takes two firings to fully get rid of it. It's much easier to just trim the cases down below the burr.

I love my tumbler I would recommend to anyone. Here is a picture of a dryer that a buddy of mine come up with. It is a electric heater coils, put in a control panel box cut the top out of and put two computer fan motors below the coils blowing up. Then took a piece of peg board and opened the whole up to a 1/2" I can dry up to 100 brass at a time and are completely dry in less then 30 mins.
IMG_0112.jpg

I have used ceramic media in the past for cleaning cases that had black powder loads and they got super clean.

I used the stainless steel media with Lemishine and Dawn with a thumbler full of 6.8 spc cases and they came out 'squeaky clean' and shiny. When i purchased the stainless steel media i was told only three pounds was necessary for Thumbler's model B so that's all i got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PolishHandgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used ceramic media in the past for cleaning cases that had black powder loads and they got super clean.

I used the stainless steel media with Lemishine and Dawn with a thumbler full of 6.8 spc cases and they came out 'squeaky clean' and shiny. When i purchased the stainless steel media i was told only three pounds was necessary for Thumbler's model B so that's all i got. </div></div>

Just make sure your not losing any down the sink
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PolishHandgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used ceramic media in the past for cleaning cases that had black powder loads and they got super clean.

I used the stainless steel media with Lemishine and Dawn with a thumbler full of 6.8 spc cases and they came out 'squeaky clean' and shiny. When i purchased the stainless steel media i was told only three pounds was necessary for Thumbler's model B so that's all i got. </div></div>

I dump my tumbler out in the tub,with a rare earth magnet a couple inch's from the drain.
I don't think I've lost any down there yet.

Just did my first batch of 45acp this morning. Turned out fantastic. Only the second time I used this SS media tumbling method. I have been doing the ultrasonic b/c of its speed of getting the brass clean Vs SS media but some things are worth the wait...

45acpssbrass.jpg

Here's how I separate the media...I first pull the rubber liner out of the metal housing and then pour out a much of the dirty water as I can. I refill it with clean water and dump it out again. I do this a couple of times.

Then I stack one of those plastic strainers (check out the photo below) on top of plastic bucket. They both have the same diameter on the top so the strainer doesn't fall into the bucket. I bought both of 'em at the $0.99 store btw.

57054_M.jpg

Then I fill the bucket to the top with clean water dump brass/media into the strainer. I use my hands to shift it all around and the media easily falls through the strainer because it's all submerged. You'll most likely still have media inside some of the brass so pull the brass out of the water with the mouth facing down and the media will drain out with the water. Now all the media is at the bottom of the bucket. You just drain bucket and dump the media back into the rubber liner...no lost media.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: recce556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
57054_M.jpg
</div></div>

Did you swipe my strainer? That's exactly the one I use and from the dollar store, too. Works well for me.

Terry I would appreciate the contact info for stainless media. I have the tumbler already. Thanks.

Case Mouth Peening and Overall Length Measurement Test

-Lake City Match once fired .308 brass

-Tumbling system: Thumblers B high speed tumbler with 5 lbs SS media (from Mark). Tumbling time and brass amount varied with tests.

-Measuring device Mitutoyo 500-197-20 electronic caliper, published resolution 0.0005, display reads to .0001 inches. I do not have a tubing micrometer.

-Method: For each trial listed below, a once fired piece of LC Match primed brass was was measured for overall length and then tumbled with varying amounts of deprimed LC 308 GI brass for varying lengths of time. After tumbling, the LC Match brass was recovered and measured for overall length and the neck diameter both below the peened mouth and across the peened mouth. Since I did not have a tubing micrometer,the neck measurements were taken at 3 different locations and averaged. This result was divided by 2 so the average thickness of the peening in one side wall of the neck is the reported value.

Brass weight - 1lb = 40 cases
2lb = 80 cases
4lb = 160 cases

Results:
Trial__Brass weight__Run time__Case Length change__Neck peen
A________1 lb______4 hours__________0.0005_________0.00083
B________2 lb______6 hours__________0.0010_________0.0025
C________2 lb______3 hours__________0.0010_________0.0033
D________4 lb______4 hours__________0.0005(?)_______0.0050
E________4 lb______4 hours__________0.0020_________0.0066

Comments and conclusions: This is a small sample size and arguably does not reach strict statistical significance. However, there is a strong trend in the neck peening numbers that suggests smaller amounts of brass (1 lb) being tumbled results in MUCH less neck peening. There is a trend in more peening being associated with more shortening of the case, except trial D which did not fit the trend. I suspect a miss-recorded number for initial case length in trial D overall length. The overall case length numbers would be better if I had trimmed the case to a known uniform length before tumbling.

TooFarGone
YMMV

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terry I would appreciate the contact info for stainless media. I have the tumbler already. Thanks. </div></div>

PM Sent for contact Info!

Terry

Terry can you PM me the contact info as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokinAce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terry can you PM me the contact info as well? </div></div>

Sorry for delay, PM sent.

Terry

Painting the inside of the Thumblers B tumbler.

I didn't paint the inside of the tumbler before starting to tumble. I probably have run 25 loads of brass in the past two weeks. I looked at the inside of the tumbler under the rubber lining when I got the tumbler and noted that the bottom was "somewhat" primed but not painted with red paint. I removed the inside rubber liner a few days ago and noticed that there was some rust forming in the bottom of the tumbler. I used some light sandpaper to rough up the surface and sprayed it with two coats of primer and 3 cotes of paint- be sure and mask the screw studs.

I went to Wally World and picked up Rustoleum #2089 Dark Grey primer and a can of Rustoleum #248678 Gloss Cherry for the job. Paint Match is EXCELLENT with the Gloss Cherry.

The McFeely's anti vibration knobs are the Bomb! (Product number JKA-2500, Stock #3GDV3, Description Fluted Knob 1-3/8 In Thru Locking). Shipping only a dollar through Dec 31,2011. I purchased extra knobs so when I drop one down the sink...

I also got a paackage of 10 small rare earth magnets for $10, Product #FSC-9024, stock #6MJU2, Description 10Pk Power Magnet Pc 10. Powerful little SOB's....

I ordered some of those knobs for my regular vibratory tumbler. My original Dillon ones have a brass nut in them that have stripped out from use.

"Shipping only a dollar through Dec 31,2011"
That's for the US only. They tried to ding me $36 for shipping here to Canada!

Love it. No more dust or 40# bags of Corn Cob sitting around.

The Stainless Pins burnish the brass as well as cleaning out the crud so the case looks better than just "sonic" cleaning.

It's like loading with Brand New brass.

Guess I was lucky. The inside of my drum came with a heavy coat of paint, just like on the outside. Guess I need to pull out the rubber to check it out after two months of heavy use. I have the spray paint ready and waiting.

ETA: Well, I pulled out the rubber insert and sure enough found the beginning of some rust down at the bottom of the drum. It seems that the paint that looked so thick near the top was just over-spray from painting the outside. The paint down at the bottom was pretty thin. No biggie though. A little sandpaper and some Rustoleum and I'm GTG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zuke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Shipping only a dollar through Dec 31,2011"
That's for the US only. They tried to ding me $36 for shipping here to Canada! </div></div>

Yikes!! Guess someone has to make up for the US postage losses!!

Yeah I used some left over DuraCoat in FDE and sprayed a thin coat on the inside as I was getting light rust too. So far, so good.

As for drying techniques, I air blow the brass using a small air compressor and then I towel dry it or I just towel dry it when I don't want to run the compressor (it's loud). Then I throw it in a medium size (20x10x10) cardboard "dry box" which is just a left over shipping box (I think it's a SWFA box actually!).

I just cut a hole in the side and stick a hairdryer in it, turn it on and let it run unattended for about 10 minutes. Then I turn it off and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour (or whenever I remember) and then I repeat (the hair dryer on/off thing is more to conserve electricity, I would imagine you could just run it constantly and it would probably dry faster if you're in a hurry). Once the brass is dry I just leave it for a while to let it cool down and finish off drying...usually overnight.

So far, it's worked pretty well. Pistol brass (like 9mm and 45ACP) drys pretty fast but rifle brass require more runs. Using a air blower to blow out all the excess water helps a LOT in all cases.

Still using the old tried and true ammo can dryer.

DSCI0001-5.jpg

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEWjLuWOFAs"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fEWjLuWOFAs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Terry

Thanks Zuke,
I just received my universal decapping die for the Dillon 650 with the case feeder, so I expect the decap step to go very quickly.

Terry, could you send me the info for the stainless steel media. Greatly appreciate it and thanks again!

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terry, could you send me the info for the stainless steel media. Greatly appreciate it and thanks again!

John </div></div>
PM Sent.

New poll results as of 11-14-2011 @ 5:00pm EST

11-14-11poll.jpg

Terry

Got the photo from SS Media convert and thought I would share it. The left is a tumble with a normal 9mm case of Lemishine. Right is too much Lemishine. He said the cases actually looked like copper. He said that he had lost his measure and just dumped it in.

CopperCases.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: suasponte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got the photo from SS Media convert and thought I would share it. The left is a tumble with a normal 9mm case of Lemishine. Right is too much Lemishine. He said the cases actually looked like copper. I said that he had lost his measure and just dumped it in.
</div></div>

I definitely second that. I experimented with varying amounts of lemishine also. from 1/4 tsp to 3/4tsp.
I have found that anything much over 1/4 starts to do the copper coloring thing when drying.
It might vary depending on how hard your water is.

I also found that it wasn;t the lemishine that was keeping me from getting that last little bit of carbon out of the primer pockets, it was time. I went back to 1/4 tsp lemishine and added an extra 30 minutes to the tumble and all is good now.

madd0c