• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Step One: Complete

Clamber

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2010
Utah, USA
I'm a happy camper! Got my first precision rifle today.

I got the Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD!

Next week I'll be able to order the scope, rings and base, and then in December most of the other gear I'll need will be on it's way.

Sorry for the crappy picture. It's with a 4mp camera. I had to sell my 18mp camera to get the rifle.

IMG_2110.jpg

I cannot wait to be able to shoot this thing. Part of me wants to go out and shoot 20 rounds without a scope tomorrow.

Re: Step One: Complete

I can understand the eagerness, but don't waste your ammo. Nice rifle BTW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Clamber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I cannot wait to be able to shoot this thing. Part of me wants to go out and shoot 20 rounds without a scope tomorrow. </div></div>

Tell me how your grouping goes...lol give it a chance you will be happier with a scope.

Yeah I'd like to hear how it groups too, I had a Rem 700 VLS 22-250 that threw some absolutely pathetic groups right out of the box.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -minuteman-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I'd like to hear how it groups too, I had a Rem 700 VLS 22-250 that threw some absolutely pathetic groups right out of the box. </div></div>

with or without the scope?

Later today, I'm going to get a mount from my Grandpa's 700, and the ACOG from my cousin's SCAR and go shoot 20 rounds of PMC...If the 1' of fresh snow keeps me from getting to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: -minuteman-</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah I'd like to hear how it groups too, I had a Rem 700 VLS 22-250 that threw some absolutely pathetic groups right out of the box. </div></div>

with or without the scope? </div></div>
haha def. without the scope
some are picky with ammo but all that I've shot will do wonders with the ammo they like
Now I've seen a few winchester model 70's that didn't shoot with anything!

I think I'm officially in love with bolt action rifles. I went and shot 20 rounds of PMC Bronze just to shoot it. It was fun with a 3x scope on it, so I can't wait until I get either the SWFA SS 10x or the Falcon Menace 4-14x next week. Should have the whole basic rifle complete by Xmas.

Finally got the base/rings today! I'll hopefully be able to go zero it this weekend. I can't wait.

I think I need to move the scope back a bit though.

my700.jpg

Next thing is a bipod and stock pack, and the rifle itself will be done. Still a lot of other gear items I need though.

nice looking rifle, but I think you might need to move the scope back a little, unless you got some buggy eyeballs. Have fun with it. Still saving for mine. Post some groups when you get them

Yeah, I moved it back a bit. My ammo arrives on Thursday so I'll be able to shoot this weekend! I can't wait.