• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

Preface, make no mistake, the election sucks.
That said, I feel pretty good about the S&P moving forward. I expect the gov't to print and spend, I think that will drive it like it has been.
I'm in about 80%, the remaining parked looking for something. Market looks expensive now, - but it has been looking expensive all along and keeps climbing.

How about if we return to pre Trump tax rates?

Does consumer (that has no money now anyway) pull back?

Do businesses go back to parking their cash overseas?

Preface, make no mistake, the election sucks.
That said, I feel pretty good about the S&P moving forward. I expect the gov't to print and spend, I think that will drive it like it has been.
I'm in about 80%, the remaining parked looking for something. Market looks expensive now, - but it has been looking expensive all along and keeps climbing.
Also can't underestimate value investing which has started to pick up steam it lagged beyond tech and growth all summer. That is where I hover and the ability to pick up smoking deals on great dividend payers is getting tougher by the month. The trillions in cash, CD's and near 0% interest rate bearing products looking to get a return on their investment are not going anywhere. Liquidity drives markets and the world is absolutely flush with it.

More cultural marxism.

Bolshevik much comerade?

So much for content of character..........now we have to make decisions based on arbitrary superficialities....skin color, vagina vs penis.........

Also can't underestimate value investing which has started to pick up steam it lagged beyond tech and growth all summer. That is where I hover and the ability to pick up smoking deals on great dividend payers is getting tougher by the month. The trillions in cash, CD's and near 0% interest rate bearing products looking to get a return on their investment are not going anywhere. Liquidity drives markets and the world is absolutely flush with it.

The forcing everyone into the stock Market was a crime.

No longer any stable investments for those that seek them.

Banks get to play with free money and Im sure any time the masters of the universe need some cash they just make some short orders and milk us.

Banks get to play with free money and Im sure any time the masters of the universe need some cash they just make some short orders and milk us.
Don't disagree it's clear central banks have declared all out war on savers there is no middle ground. I will disagree there are no stable investments though the value space has had and still has plenty of companies who keep leverage ratios manageable with a mote and pay stable dividends. Value investing vs growth momentum are two really different things though. I own zero ETFs, zero tech and zero momentum though.

Reactions: E. Bryant
Don't disagree it's clear central banks have declared all out war on savers there is no middle ground. I will disagree there are no stable investments though the value space has had and still has plenty of companies who keep leverage ratios manageable with a mote and pay stable dividends. Value investing vs growth momentum are two really different things though. I own zero ETFs, zero tech and zero momentum though.

I need to start transitioning growth to stability soon....

Not sure what you mean here. Respectfully. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Pay off your mortgage for peace of mind, or invest that 3% into the market (instead of bank's 1%) and get 5-15%apr+. My earlier calculation of 67% didn't include roughly 2% dividends which grow it closer to 75% (looking at my dividends which seem to be abiout 2% for 2020).

I don't necessarily expect this to continue, and it bothers me a bit to see that it doesn't benefit young investors to the extent that it does older ones.
It (seems) it's just how it is.

More cultural marxism.

Bolshevik much comerade?

But the woman has to be of color and the minority has to be a woman. The LGBT must be an ethnic-minority lesbian feminist, or at least a female-to-male transsexual, or else it doesn't count. 'Cause they're definitely not gonna allow any gay white men who aren't complete tools of the alleged "agenda" on there. It'd be offensive.

Not sure what you mean here. Respectfully. Nobody is forcing anyone to do anything. Pay off your mortgage for peace of mind, or invest that 3% into the market (instead of bank's 1%) and get 5-15%apr+. My earlier calculation of 67% didn't include roughly 2% dividends which grow it closer to 75% (looking at my dividends which seem to be abiout 2% for 2020).

I don't necessarily expect this to continue, and it bothers me a bit to see that it doesn't benefit young investors to the extent that it does older ones.

Thinking of fixed incomes that dont want to play the market.

Once upon a time 5-7% CDs were achievable.

In 2008 when redoing my house the building loan sat in a savings account collecting 5% - allowed us to buy fixtures and some upgrades on interest.

Money has no value now save chasing more of it to keep up the consumption.

The saving thing is inflation is relatively non existent the last 4 years. They like to say it hasnt been around in a while but it wasnt long ago gas was $3.50 a gallon in my area, higher elsewhere. I think we may be going there again.

Reactions: IronicTwitch

Forced is a strong word. More like heavily incentivized. The manipulation of interest rates by the fed has pushed the return (interest) on bank deposits to next to nothing... as in less than the rate of inflation. This means "savers" (as opposed to investors) are guaranteed to see their wealth reduced with the passage of time. Not in nominal amounts, but in regards to the purchasing power of their dollar.

In a roundabout way it forces savers to invest their assets or they're essentially penalized because of government intervention. Between coerced? investment and the multiplier effect of fractional reserve banking, I'd liken the current state of the economy to a macroeconomic coke binge.

I don't trust it. It hasn't been tested throughout history and it's based entirely on theory and predictive models.

IMO, raw land is where it's at. They're not making any more of it and if Al Gore is right about global warming there'll be less of it as time goes on. Factor in worldwide population growth and increasing life expectancy and it's a great long term play... on paper anyway.

Just kidding. I have no idea how to make sense of the market. Nobody does other than the big players with enough influence to manipulate it. I'll just keep checking my brokerage and retirement accounts like an ignorant asshole until I either retire a wealthy man or the shit hits the fan.

Forced is a strong word. More like heavily incentivized. The manipulation of interest rates by the fed has pushed the return (interest) on bank deposits to next to nothing... as in less than the rate of inflation. This means "savers" (as opposed to investors) are guaranteed to see their wealth reduced with the passage of time. Not in nominal amounts, but in regards to the purchasing power of their dollar.

In a roundabout way it forces savers to invest their assets or they're essentially penalized because of government intervention. Between coerced? investment and the multiplier effect of fractional reserve banking, I'd liken the current state of the economy to a macroeconomic coke binge.

I don't trust it. It hasn't been tested throughout history and it's based entirely on theory and predictive models.

IMO, raw land is where it's at. They're not making any more of it and if Al Gore is right about global warming there'll be less of it as time goes on. Factor in worldwide population growth and increasing life expectancy and it's a great long term play... on paper anyway.

Just kidding. I have no idea how to make sense of the market. Nobody does other than the big players with enough influence to manipulate it. I'll just keep checking my brokerage and retirement accounts like an ignorant asshole until I either retire a wealthy man or the shit hits the fan.
I agree and I do not believe it's an if just a when. My hope is I'm long gone b/f the global debt instrument bonfire ignites, but as years go by I'm certain I'll see it. 2009 convinced me the Federal Reserve had no guard rails and would do whatever they could to keep our indexes moving up. Scary part is looking at the velocity of money it's clear it's not having the desired effect....it's slowing at an even faster pace. Banks are flush with coin, but it's not being lent out due in part by not wanting to risk bad loans, but also consumers austerity. As stupid as helicopter money sounds that is the best bang for the buck if they are going to keep creating funny money it will have a far greater positive impact. Central bankers need us all to spend like drunken sailors, but it's not happening fast enough. Fed 'letting inflation run hot'?? LOL. They have failed at their mandate for a decade they could't force it if they tried any harder. Short end is all they get to play with.....oh what a mess it will be. Hope I get to enjoy some retirement and live ok b/f it's a turd sammich for all.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I think they are trying to warn everyone that reality will no longer be based on real things.

Is that somewhere you want place your full faith and treasure?

China is laughing its ass off.

Best investment they ever made.

C'mon let's not talk about that let's get the vortex of doom going properly. End of the dollar, Dow 8k and keep cash in a coffee can b/c 'investing is for idiots!'.

Last edited:
Enjoying it while it runs, siphoning some into bonds due to stage of life, expecting it will all have gone to shit when it matters.

Enjoying it while it runs, siphoning some into bonds due to stage of life, expecting it will all have gone to shit when it matters.
Nothing wrong with climbing higher in the capital stack. Last summer was more proof how glad I was to own quality and not yield chasing. Few precautionary div suspensions and all paid in Q4/Q1 with special dividend.

D17C97BC-5FE2-4423-8C4B-E6E420D88B29.png

Congratulations Tesla holders; such an underestimated stock.
I have to say it has been amazing to watch the Tesla story unfold an acquaintance of mine put just over $80k worth of covered call premiums in his pocket last year as he took some chips off the table. Can't recall his cost basis, but do know it's well under $100 it's crazy still sitting on a pile of gains.

Reactions: S3th
I have to say it has been amazing to watch the Tesla story unfold an acquaintance of mine put just over $80k worth of covered call premiums in his pocket last year as he took some chips off the table. Can't recall his cost basis, but do know it's well under $100 it's crazy still sitting on a pile of gains.
The tax man cometh…..

The tax man cometh…..
And that's a great problem to have vs sitting in a smoldering pile of cash. Not only is the cash losing purchasing power, but like another generation of perma-Bears learned last summer the opportunity cost of sitting out is just colossal. S&P this year alone is up over 20% with simple indexing. With a modicum of effort being selective would have pushed you closer to 25% on the year.

Last edited:
I ❤️ Stonks.

Keeps me in quality tools, pens, watches, and pussy. Well, not all quality pussy, but whatever.

Lets me hook up St. Jude’s and the Shriners Children’s Hospital too.

I ❤️ Stonks.

Keeps me in quality tools, pens, watches, and pussy. Well, not all quality pussy, but whatever.

Lets me hook up St. Jude’s and the Shriners Children’s Hospital too.
I ❤️ St. Jude's. They are basically the only NPHED I donate to.

I ❤️ St. Jude's. They are basically the only NPHED I donate to.
If you ever get some down time I would highly recommend checking out https://www.charitynavigator.org/ein/351044585 if you have not heard of them. I was put on to these guys maybe 10 years ago by a friend and it completely revamped my giving after looking at how little of my donation was getting to the recipients in the end. St. Jude is does a great job although I give to All Childrens out of affinity for a friend who was a doc there.

Love $ENPH but I sold 15% of my position on today's 25% gain. Hope to purchase back in around $180 :)

I always add Apple on dips on top of my bi weekly buys. Always pays off.

We moved the vast majority of our holdings into two managed accounts with these folks after my wife retired last year.

So far she's making more money not working than she was working. She covers the mortgage, the groceries and the utilities.
I cover vehicles, fuels, maintenance, upgrades and repairs to the house and property. I still work some, picking and choosing the jobs I want to do and for the people I want to deal with.

We're up 22 % this year so far. I have no idea how the markets are doing so well, but I'm sticking with it.

I still play with some stocks, cryptos, and other investments, but that's for entertainment.

Be smart.
We are doing some major projects on our house this year, so we did a refi instead of taking money out of investments.
It simply makes no sense to take money that's earning over 20% and spend it when the banks are all but giving it away.

As soon as my SS gets ripe I'm taking the cash out option and throwing that in the same pile.

Spot on VA-Varminter, investment returns up crazy numbers this year. Only bummer is setting some cash aside for Uncle Sam.
S&P up 29.5% ytd.

Been building dry powder we are going to have buying opportunities soon. Of course every pull back to bears is the beginning of the next decade bear market.... Bears once again will get faces torn off in 2022.

Reactions: IronicTwitch
As soon as my SS gets ripe I'm taking the cash out option and throwing that in the same pile.
What is the cash out option? Only think I can see is an option to get lump sum payment of up to 6 months worth of benefits once you reach your full retirement age - if you did not start taking benefits early. I'm not aware of any option to get any meaningful chunk of cash out of SS but could be wrong.

What is the cash out option? Only think I can see is an option to get lump sum payment of up to 6 months worth of benefits once you reach your full retirement age - if you did not start taking benefits early. I'm not aware of any option to get any meaningful chunk of cash out of SS but could be wrong.
I was unaware of that SS option thanks for posting. Wonder how many folks take that option?

I'm readjusting orders I smell retesting as we push to 4900....deals to be had hope those who are in find what they want.

Tesla amazes me still losing money on every car, but with sales of EV tax credits and Bitcoin they offset the red. Cathy Wood still finds ways to get more face palm. Just re-checked AARK ETF she is down 15% YTD in this raging bull I mean dang that ain't easy to do.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: S3th and eider777
I'm readjusting orders I smell retesting as we push to 4900....deals to be had hope those who are in find what they want.

Tesla amazes me still losing money on every car, but with sales of EV tax credits and Bitcoin they offset the red. Cathy Wood still finds ways to get more face palm. Just re-checked AARK ETF she is down 15% YTD in this raging bull I mean dang that ain't easy to do.

You clearly don't understand her strategy or this market to make such a statement. Also, she has been steadily selling Tesla; if I remember correctly her position is under 8% now in ARKK.

You clearly don't understand her strategy or this market to make such a statement. Also, she has been steadily selling Tesla; if I remember correctly her position is under 8% now in ARKK.
You are right I don't understand her strategy I pretty much stick in the dividend value space. I just passed along the conversation from CNBC I had on the background about Tesla and then ARKK. Could hardly believe she is down that much in this market, but looked it up and yea she is.....is she doing well then?

I'm up 29% this year and income up so not trying to keep pace with the growth/momentum crowd I switched gears to dividend income focus years ago.

Truly if this is your bailiwick I'd love to hear your thoughts on it investing is a deep pool with a lot of different facets. When I look at her fund outflows it's staggering, but apparently I'm not seeing it clearly. Not being facetious would be interested to hear your insights. I get she may be trying to lessen her exposure to companies she thinks have had their time in the sun, but was this in the cards to underperform to this level in 2021?

Last edited: