• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

I do not know how the credits work. I do have friends in CA that installed solar and 1) They were misinformed about the situation when they feed power back into the grid... or ... 2) The "Rules" changed about back feeding shortly after they installed the system.
Tag:

S3th

I just got back from a walk and showed this article to said solar panel neighbor. He was hilarious he went off as he thinks it's a matter of time b/f it happens here in FL.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
In Texas, it depends on who your select as your management company and your upstream provider. Some homes are on CoServ and I don't think they offer net metering, in fact, I believe there is a monthly charge to have solar AND be connected to the grid. I'm on OnCor, and depending on who manages my account... GreenMountain will give you Kw-to-Kw bill credits, but charges 14c/Kwh for consumption. I'm with OctopusEnergy which is currently 8.5c/Kwh consumption and whole-sale real-time rates for Solar production to grid.. anywhere from .5c/Kwh all the way to $9/Kwh. But generally, it's between .3c - .25c /kwh.

P.S. Tesla is taking a beating... guess they don't like Elon going scorched earth on Twitter.

The biggest problem is that investors will tolerate a three-digit PE ratio when the Fed funds rate is effectively zero, but at ~4% the implied maximum PE is somewhere in the vicinity of 25 with an appropriate discount for risk. Within this framework, a $150 share price is a fair value for $6-7 forward EPS. If there's any hint (such as a weak Q4 report) that 2023 earnings might come in lower than this, then look out below.

Well.. they are supposed to be starting a lithium battery plant in Texas.. and Biden is pissing free money into these projects.. I'm assuming that will have some long term large benefits across the board. Anyway.. S3th stats compared to other car companies has me convinced... the more it drops.. the more I'll buy.

• "While Tesla is a TechStockPros favorite, we are moving the stock to a sell. We believe Tesla has lost its first-mover advantage.
  • We expect the company will slowly but surely lose its stranglehold on the U.S. EV market as competition penetrates the EV market with more attractive pricing.
  • S&P reported Tesla is losing market share in the EV market. We expect Tesla to face pressure in the near term as customers opt for cheaper electric models.
  • We also believe the Twitter acquisition has taken center stage for CEO Elon Musk, leaving Tesla in the cold.
  • Tesla stock is down 60% YTD. We don’t expect the company to make money going forward until the valuation is compressed. We recommend investors exit the stock."
  • From "Seeking Alpha" article

• "While Tesla is a TechStockPros favorite, we are moving the stock to a sell. We believe Tesla has lost its first-mover advantage.
  • We expect the company will slowly but surely lose its stranglehold on the U.S. EV market as competition penetrates the EV market with more attractive pricing.
  • S&P reported Tesla is losing market share in the EV market. We expect Tesla to face pressure in the near term as customers opt for cheaper electric models.
  • We also believe the Twitter acquisition has taken center stage for CEO Elon Musk, leaving Tesla in the cold.
  • Tesla stock is down 60% YTD. We don’t expect the company to make money going forward until the valuation is compressed. We recommend investors exit the stock."
  • From "Seeking Alpha" article
These read like a hit piece on a newly unfavored company.
They would never collude, would they?...

Lol

R

These read like a hit piece on a newly unfavored company.
They would never collude, would they?...

Lol

R
I'm not surprised that the consequences of Musk's impulsive behavior are getting more serious. He has squandered a lot of goodwill. Ironically he is accomplishing himself in a few months what the shorts sellers tried and failed to do for years.

Your favorite... Enphase w/ Q3.

View attachment 7984083
IDK..... ?

Nationally, the cost for solar in 2022 ranges from $16,870 to $23,170, after the tax credit, for a 10-kilowatt system, the size for which quotes are sought most often on EnergySage, a Boston-based quote-comparison site for solar panels and batteries. Most households can use a system of six or seven kilowatts, EnergySage spokesman Nick Liberati said. A 10-12 kilowatt battery costs about $13,000 more, he added.

Wow:

Screenshot_20221217-184548.png

I hope this works out, but I'm feeling strong dot-com vibes.

Reactions: Emerson0311
IDK..... ?

Nationally, the cost for solar in 2022 ranges from $16,870 to $23,170, after the tax credit, for a 10-kilowatt system, the size for which quotes are sought most often on EnergySage, a Boston-based quote-comparison site for solar panels and batteries. Most households can use a system of six or seven kilowatts, EnergySage spokesman Nick Liberati said. A 10-12 kilowatt battery costs about $13,000 more, he added.

install a solar 10K solar system (by an Authorized installer), you get 3k knocked off your tax

Tomorrow should showcase if Twitter overhang is real or not.

The stock neither popped nor crashed, so everyone on Twitter is wrong and no one is happy. Does this confirm or deny the overhang effect?

Either way, I'm now far more interested in rumors that Elon is preparing to move Twitter into bankruptcy, which seems irrational and implausible but since Musk is involved that just makes it more rational and plausible.

The stock neither popped nor crashed, so everyone on Twitter is wrong and no one is happy. Does this confirm or deny the overhang effect?

Either way, I'm now far more interested in rumors that Elon is preparing to move Twitter into bankruptcy, which seems irrational and implausible but since Musk is involved that just makes it more rational and plausible.
He preceded to say after I had posted that there is no successor and those who he believes could turn the company around do not want the job.

I think Elon wants to BK so he can get out of bad contracts (aka move the company out of SF)

Reactions: NoDopes

Agreed that M&A is possible, but only if interest rates soften or stock prices plummet.

I really don't see any tech companies "clearing the deck". If they do, look out below.

Apple starting to move out of China seems like a sure bet, but it won't conclude in 2023 because that sort of thing will probably take longer than anytime expects.

If tech stocks are up 20% by the end of 2023, it'll likely be because they started the year at even lower than current prices. (Exception for Intel, which despite management's best attempt at destroying the company still seems underpriced).

Shareholder activism and layoffs both seem like solid bets.

He preceded to say after I had posted that there is no successor and those who he believes could turn the company around do not want the job.

I caught a few of those posts this morning and was unclear whether this is some sort of a weird flex or actually paving the runway for a transition that was already planned.

Reactions: S3th
Tag S3th

OK.... I admit I am cynical of all these "battery powered" ideas. Probably because for the past 60 years my battery went dead at a critical moment.
Example: Duck hunting all day 20 miles back in the Atchafalaya Spillway (Louisiana). Heading out as the sun sets while trying to spot stumps, debris, barge traffic, etc in the dark... Guess what ? Battery on the spot light goes dead.... That's leaves a long way to go in darkness with other boats, tugs and crew boats.... No, they did not all have radar... Bad Juju...

Here is another one that will fall flat on it's face. How about getting one of these for your back up power when a big hurricane blows in off the gulf of Mexico and all the shore power is out for a week and the roads are blocked or out of service. Hard to beat that big ol, dirty, noisy diesel generator when that 20 cubic foot freezer is thawing all that meat out....

Toyota’s president is questioning whether the push for the auto industry to phase out gas-powered vehicles and go exclusively electric is the right decision.
Akio Toyoda made the comments to reporters in Thailand after the auto manufacturer said around this time last year that it would produce 3.5 million electric vehicles annually by 2030, according to The Wall Street Journal.
"People involved in the auto industry are largely a silent majority," Toyoda said. "That silent majority is wondering whether EVs are really OK to have as a single option. But they think it’s the trend so they can’t speak out loudly."

I wanted a new pickup then covid hit and market/prices went crazy. I decided to not buy a new truck and keep driving existing truck. I suspect that at some point millions of Americans will say "will just keep my current vehicle" and the market is overrun with EVs. What happens to car manufacturers when many just do not want their product? Government incentives are great but with the rising prices not sure incentives even cover inflation. There is certainly a limited market for EVs now and in future but not the volume that government and car manufacturers are projecting. At some point there will be interesting court cases on "can local/state/federal government FORCE consumers to buy EVs". I certainly predict another "cash for clunkers" deal coming to take as many ICE vehicles as possible off the roads.

Tag S3th

OK.... I admit I am cynical of all these "battery powered" ideas. Probably because for the past 60 years my battery went dead at a critical moment.
Example: Duck hunting all day 20 miles back in the Atchafalaya Spillway (Louisiana). Heading out as the sun sets while trying to spot stumps, debris, barge traffic, etc in the dark... Guess what ? Battery on the spot light goes dead.... That's leaves a long way to go in darkness with other boats, tugs and crew boats.... No, they did not all have radar... Bad Juju...

Here is another one that will fall flat on it's face. How about getting one of these for your back up power when a big hurricane blows in off the gulf of Mexico and all the shore power is out for a week and the roads are blocked or out of service. Hard to beat that big ol, dirty, noisy diesel generator when that 20 cubic foot freezer is thawing all that meat out....

We are coming to and will be at the focal point of many technologies diverging into a complete ecosystem.

If you have a battery, you likely have solar panels or they are next on the list. If you have solar panels, then batteries are next on the list. & if you have an EV, you aren't going to install a generator for the next Hurricane. Many Louisianians over the next ten years will be questioning why should they get a generator over a battery. & battery will win majority of time because they can build upon it; unlike a generator which sits useless for more months than days used.

I wanted a new pickup then covid hit and market/prices went crazy. I decided to not buy a new truck and keep driving existing truck. I suspect that at some point millions of Americans will say "will just keep my current vehicle" and the market is overrun with EVs. What happens to car manufacturers when many just do not want their product? Government incentives are great but with the rising prices not sure incentives even cover inflation. There is certainly a limited market for EVs now and in future but not the volume that government and car manufacturers are projecting. At some point there will be interesting court cases on "can local/state/federal government FORCE consumers to buy EVs". I certainly predict another "cash for clunkers" deal coming to take as many ICE vehicles as possible off the roads.
Hasn't everyone been saying this for the last decade?

1671500987785.png
1671500995229.png

I follow your line of thinking....... America was built on "commerce". It is appearing that we are now depending on Government to fund commerce. Government needs to stay out of paying for development of EV and the Go Green movement. If removing the Government funding allows it to fall flat on it's face... then so be it.
Force private industry to pay for commerce rather than fund stock buy backs.

Seems this CEO is a bit vague in where the power to charge the batteries on his equipment is originating.
“Temporary power generation is a critical part of many industries, including construction, film production, live events, and disaster response. As these industries look to decarbonize, there’s enormous demand for cleaner alternatives to the fossil-fuel-burning generators that these industries have historically relied on. Moxion is thrilled to announce the next milestone on our mission to disrupt the fossil-fuel economy and establish key partnerships with these sustainable business leaders who are driving change at scale,” said Paul Huelskamp, Moxion’s Co-Founder and CEO.

Toyota’s president is questioning whether the push for the auto industry to phase out gas-powered vehicles and go exclusively electric is the right decision.
Akio Toyoda made the comments to reporters in Thailand after the auto manufacturer said around this time last year that it would produce 3.5 million electric vehicles annually by 2030, according to The Wall Street Journal.
"People involved in the auto industry are largely a silent majority," Toyoda said. "That silent majority is wondering whether EVs are really OK to have as a single option. But they think it’s the trend so they can’t speak out loudly."

Hybrids RULE for Cars..... Toyota can do 36 MPG on a hybrid Highlander. NOW, my Diesel Jetta TDI could do 45 to 50 (just saying).
Audi has a Q8 that can do over 100 MPG on a Diesel hybrid; and VW than can do over 150 MPG on a Diesel (granted it was 3 cylinders) hybrid. none of those cars are allowed to be imported into the US. :(

Tell me that there is not a disconnect.View attachment 8025899
There is no disconnect. This is part of the plan. Overlay this chart on the SPX or some of it's "Golden Children"....
We are not picking on you or TSLA.... an old saying.... "Can't see the forest for the TREE'...... The tree blocking your view is TSLA.
How does the forest look ?
TSLA versus the SPX (2 years)
1671555550472.png

Tell me that there is not a disconnect.View attachment 8025899

Alternate viewpoint - there was a disconnect from reality, but it's being corrected.

Everyone is spouting this forward PE stuff as if there's no risk of a miss in the next 12 months. Even Elon has stated concerns with the macro environment.

Alternate viewpoint - there was a disconnect from reality, but it's being corrected.

Everyone is spouting this forward PE stuff as if there's no risk of a miss in the next 12 months. Even Elon has stated concerns with the macro environment.

That is not a convincing view point; every company can miss future earnings. Majority will have missed earnings and negative YoY growth in 2023.

There is no disconnect. This is part of the plan. Overlay this chart on the SPX or some of it's "Golden Children"....
We are not picking on you or TSLA.... an old saying.... "Can't see the forest for the TREE'...... The tree blocking your view is TSLA.
How does the forest look ?
TSLA versus the SPX (2 years)
View attachment 8025909
That is more convincing of a disconnect than not. An industry leader, with a historical CAGR of ~55% and future CAGR of ~50% is trading at 27x forward Wallstreet earnings. I give more credit to fund managers heavily invested in Tesla which have had more accurate forecast saying 23x forward 2023. The ETF bubble is real by the way.

Not a word about how the batteries will be recharged over night :rolleyes:

This might work in urban areas - basically the blue states - if they have reliable electricity (no rolling brownouts). But now way it works in spread out rural/suburban America aka red states. Will not be enough range.

This might work in urban areas - basically the blue states - if they have reliable electricity (no rolling brownouts). But now way it works in spread out rural/suburban America aka red states. Will not be enough range.
The government will force people to get a Post Office box and make a trip to town to pick up mail. They can track you much easier.

Listening to fund managers talk about Tesla.
- Stock is absurdly cheap
- Stock performance is directly related to Elon selling and Twitter
- Too many short term unknowns to buy
- Missing vote of confidence
- Elon needs to step down from Twitter
- Board needs to speak

Last edited:
The only two I know the name of are Gary Black and Ross Gerber. Tesla is their largest position in their individual funds and are not buying at the current level . for the reasons listed above.
A chart is worth a 1,000 words..... GK for 2 years...... Would you leave your money with GK ?

Ross Gerber is the Co-Founder, President and CEO of Gerber Kawasaki Wealth and Investment Management. Ross oversees Gerber Kawasaki's corporate and investment management operations as well as serves individual clients. Ross has become one of the most influential investors on social and in traditional media.

1671574130067.png

A chart is worth a 1,000 words..... GK for 2 years...... Would you leave your money with GK ?

Ross Gerber is the Co-Founder, President and CEO of Gerber Kawasaki Wealth and Investment Management. Ross oversees Gerber Kawasaki's corporate and investment management operations as well as serves individual clients. Ross has become one of the most influential investors on social and in traditional media.

View attachment 8026082
Largest position: Tesla
Tesla down ~55% 1 year

Chart checks out.

Listening to fund managers talk about Tesla.
- Stock is absurdly cheap
- Stock performance is directly related to Elon selling and Twitter
- Too many short term unknowns to buy
- Missing vote of confidence
- Elon needs to step down from Twitter
- Board needs to speak
"stock performance is directly related to Elon..."
He's gone seriously off the rails, who could honestly say they trust him to not do more stupid shit?

• Haha
Reactions: S3th