• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stolen Suppressors

My advice is call silencershop. ask for kyle. awesome guy. ask him all the questions you can think of. get off the phone with that info and do a little research. Silencershop makes the process so painless with their kiosks its actually a bad thing. I cant quit buying suppressors. So now Ive got Kyles cell number and we text back and forth about suppressor questions and what not. Cant speak highly enough of the job they do over there.
As for which suppressor? theres alot of good ones. and alot of different directions you can go about it. Super long and quiet is cool unless you want it on something light and maneuverable. Super light and maneuverable is cool unless you want it super quiet. the only thing I see pop up consistently alot is that the DO ALL cans do it all but do nothing great. Im partial to deadair and Cgs group. but theres alot of other good ones out there too. good luck on your journey and sorry to hear about your wasted 8 months.

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
My advice is call silencershop. ask for kyle. awesome guy. ask him all the questions you can think of. get off the phone with that info and do a little research. Silencershop makes the process so painless with their kiosks its actually a bad thing. I cant quit buying suppressors. So now Ive got Kyles cell number and we text back and forth about suppressor questions and what not. Cant speak highly enough of the job they do over there.
As for which suppressor? theres alot of good ones. and alot of different directions you can go about it. Super long and quiet is cool unless you want it on something light and maneuverable. Super light and maneuverable is cool unless you want it super quiet. the only thing I see pop up consistently alot is that the DO ALL cans do it all but do nothing great. Im partial to deadair and Cgs group. but theres alot of other good ones out there too. good luck on your journey and sorry to hear about your wasted 8 months.
I have the same problem, too... Just bought #4 on stimulus day... My first 3 stamps haven't even been approved yet. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: NateSavannah
I’d be curious to see what the Sheriffs Office does, if they take the report. Was your previous loss of the Midway shipment reported?

This is a copy of my TrustPilot review of Silencer Central;
Not, a bad deal for someone that has no experience with buying a suppressor, but be informed. It will take an additional 30 days after approval to receive your suppressor over buying locally. In reality, it should take 5 to 10 business days at MOST. Seems Silencer Central, sends out approved suppressors in batches, to their FFL in your state. I suppose to streamline, the process for the local FFL, so they are not having to deal with individual suppressors daily. So whether it took the ATF 6 months or 16 months plan on (at least), adding another month for shipping, (on average) to receive your suppressor. This really is not a bad thing and probably saves costs, but you should be informed, and there "once approved your silencer will be shipped to your door" should have "in about a month or more, without signature required" added. If Mr. Porch Pilot commits another crime, using the ATF-controlled item he just stole, its going to hurt us all.
I still recommend Silencer Central, but there are, give and takes for convenience
Update: 6/3/21 Still have not received suppressor, which was approved by ATF 4/16/21, SC reports Form 4473 to CLEO was lost in the mail so need to resend, they were made aware of this by my inquiry. Gave me an estimate of late June, Early July for final delivery. My confidence is diminishing with each delay. 2 stars deducted for process problems, that are perhaps endemic, to this business model.

This is a copy of my TrustPilot review of Silencer Central;
Not, a bad deal for someone that has no experience with buying a suppressor, but be informed. It will take an additional 30 days after approval to receive your suppressor over buying locally. In reality, it should take 5 to 10 business days at MOST. Seems Silencer Central, sends out approved suppressors in batches, to their FFL in your state. I suppose to streamline, the process for the local FFL, so they are not having to deal with individual suppressors daily. So whether it took the ATF 6 months or 16 months plan on (at least), adding another month for shipping, (on average) to receive your suppressor. This really is not a bad thing and probably saves costs, but you should be informed, and there "once approved your silencer will be shipped to your door" should have "in about a month or more, without signature required" added. If Mr. Porch Pilot commits another crime, using the ATF-controlled item he just stole, its going to hurt us all.
I still recommend Silencer Central, but there are, give and takes for convenience
Update: 6/3/21 Still have not received suppressor, which was approved by ATF 4/16/21, SC reports Form 4473 to CLEO was lost in the mail so need to resend, they were made aware of this by my inquiry. Gave me an estimate of late June, Early July for final delivery. My confidence is diminishing with each delay. 2 stars deducted for process problems, that are perhaps endemic, to this business model.
Yep, mine took 45 ish days to get to me after approval

You may want to consider upgrading your mailbox with one of those big fuckers that requires a key.
Many in my hood have upgraded to them due to the work from home situation and much more deliveries occurring.
Our mailboxes are also only about 20 yards from the front door.
If my Mail box was 830 yards away, I’d consider it. They aren’t expensive considering the losses occurring for you.

You may want to consider upgrading your mailbox with one of those big fuckers that requires a key.
Many in my hood have upgraded to them due to the work from home situation and much more deliveries occurring.
Our mailboxes are also only about 20 yards from the front door.
If my Mail box was 830 yards away, I’d consider it. They aren’t expensive considering the losses occurring for you.

Could you explain this a bit? So, what does the postman do, get a key for each one?

Could you explain this a bit? So, what does the postman do, get a key for each one?
Most will have a key lock on the front that is a set key that the post office will have. Think of it as a universal key from the post office. You will have a second key on the back that is specific to your individual box. Think of it like a cluster box for an apartment building or in some offices.

Most will have a key lock on the front that is a set key that the post office will have. Think of it as a universal key from the post office. You will have a second key on the back that is specific to your individual box. Think of it like a cluster box for an apartment building or in some offices.

I see. I didn't think the postal folks would put forth that extra effort so I was confused by this.

You will have to get approval by the postmaster at your local post office. Without it the carriers are not supposed to use it. Most won't care but with so many carriers being contract carriers and not actual USPS employees it still could be an issue.

Unfortunately it would have to be a very big mailbox, as I don't think it would fit the silencer and accessories being sent. Also we get very little mail anymore, everything is electronic. Not sure If the expense would be justified for a single item, especially for the size I would need WITH A VERY SECURE MAILBOX. In any case, just about any mailbox can be defeated, in seconds, then I'm out several hundred dollars.

A guy I know is an FFL, SOT, and he had a post sample machine gun left leaning up against the wall by his front door for hours before he got home. LOL

I've heard of several instances of similar things from other FFLs, its a fine line between convenience, cost, and speed of delivery. Personally, I believe we should not be taking the risks, to save a few dollars, or a couple of days longer delivery time. The consequences could be disastrous and with the current political climate, make BAD much WORSE.

A postal clerk told me last week that I could require a signature on an box I was shipping. He then told me that the mail carriers are leaving the parcels in the mail boxes and on the porches without attempting to get a signature for it. He said this practice started during Covid. I have received 4 items in my mail box in the last three weeks that required signature but were left in the box without one.

Reactions: stefan73
A postal clerk told me last week that I could require a signature on an box I was shipping. He then told me that the mail carriers are leaving the parcels in the mail boxes and on the porches without attempting to get a signature for it. He said this practice started during Covid. I have received 4 items in my mail box in the last three weeks that required signature but were left in the box without one.
Well at the very least the onus is on the Postal service then, there is no excuse for them not to get a signature, regardless of the circumstances, unless you specifically defer it.

I have instructed UPS/FedEx to please place any shipments to my FFL address inside my back door if I'm not home.
But with new drivers and my dogs, I have found firearm shipments inside every outbuilding on the place. Even found them in old pickups:rolleyes:
Hell, I had one old UPS driver, who, so he wouldn't have to drive clear out here would leave them in my boys' pickups parked at the high school😆
Luckily live in a very low crime/theft area.

I’d be curious to see what the Sheriffs Office does, if they take the report. Was your previous loss of the Midway shipment reported?

Sorry for the extremely tardy response, I'll spare you the soap opera. Yes, the Midway shipment was reported as well. As of today, the thief appears to have quieted down. However, you can read of the widespread problems here: https://www.eptrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Going-Postal.pdf and also https://coloradosun.com/2020/12/23/post-office-delays-colorado-mountain-towns/ but there are quite a few articles out there about this. Had Silencer Central merely required a signature for delivery this whole thing would have been averted and a criminal would not be in possession of something they are not supposed to have.

CJ