• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Strelok Pro

Damn it, went to use the app today, it needed downloading yet again (auto update I guess) but of course there is nothing there.
I guess there's no way to retrieve all my data from the app. This whole Ukraine thing is such BS.

Damn it, went to use the app today, it needed downloading yet again (auto update I guess) but of course there is nothing there.
I guess there's no way to retrieve all my data from the app. This whole Ukraine thing is such BS.
If you still have the rifle file (rifles.srl) in DropBox or on your phone, you can get your data out pretty easily. It is a simple XML file.

Reactions: Southernspeed
If you still have the rifle file (rifles.srl) in DropBox or on your phone, you can get your data out pretty easily. It is a simple XML file.
Where would I find this on an iPhone? Talk to me like I'm a guy that wrangles horses and drives a tractor .... because I am. Tech ain't my thing! lol

Reactions: Maggot
Where would I find this on an iPhone? Talk to me like I'm a guy that wrangles horses and drives a tractor .... because I am. Tech ain't my thing! lol
The apple store app in your phone. Open that, tap in the search bar and start typing.

The apple store app in your phone. Open that, tap in the search bar and start typing.
Once you have found the file, you can open it with an XML viewer app or a normal text editor on your phone or a laptop. An XML file file is structured file. You will find a list of rifles with data relating to that rifle. Under the rifle you will find a list cartridges for that rifle with their data.

It’s not on the app store anymore. Although I have the icon on my phone screen still, it does nothing. If you look in the App Store it’s not listed at all. I did a search on my Mac but there’s no trace of any files there. Guess I’ll have to find an alternative until all this BS stops.

Reactions: Ronws
I am looking on the Amazon app store and not seeing it. Same with Huawei. Am I searching the wrong thing...?

I tried multiple apps of VPN, changed countries, but no luck.

I am looking on the Amazon app store and not seeing it. Same with Huawei. Am I searching the wrong thing...?
Not seeing it on Amazon now either, was there a few weeks ago.

I've not installed the Huawei store but perhaps try this link in it or the string at the end within it:

Trying to look it up in any browser fails, pretty sure it has to be in their app which is a multipart install which you should go into with a full understanding of the risks involved, which are similar with Amazon or any third-party app store.

I just brought a new Samsung phone and I was able to sideload the app onto my new one with Samsung Switch. So all you Galaxy users should be good as long as you sideload your new phone.

Reactions: Rookie and iceng
If still adding reticles, I would like to request the Steiner T6xi 3-18x56 SCR2-Mil reticle please.

Post #67 above explains how to get it to show there.

Except, in my case, I cant seem to receive the SMS verification code for the Huawei app. So I cant register an account, and cant get Strelok Pro. We really need a way to simply buy the apk from the Strelok website and side load it IMO.

If @Igor Borisov(Strelok Pro) could lock each download to someone, via their email or whatever, somehow "burn" their data into it on download, that would help prevent people downloading and sharing.

Id buy it again on multi devices (old tablet i use which doesnt have any play store account, so i cant install it) if he did it. I do understand he may be hesitant to do that, or the effort to set that up may not be worth the cost.

Except, in my case, I cant seem to receive the SMS verification code for the Huawei app. So I cant register an account, and cant get Strelok Pro. We really need a way to simply buy the apk from the Strelok website and side load it IMO.
It is illegal to have it on your device in the United States, even side loaded. "https://www.state.gov/the-united-st...r-anniversary-of-russias-war-against-ukraine/"

"or in the possession or control of U.S. persons are blocked and must be reported to OFAC. "

"These prohibitions include the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any blocked person and the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person."
I'd imagine he'll do like Kaspersky did and set up shop in Switzerland.
The person himself is listed as blacklisted from doing business in the United States. So even if he did setup shop in Switzerland doing business with that individual is illegal.

"United States that involve any property or interests in property of designated or blocked persons are prohibited unless authorized by a general or specific license issued by OFAC"

What a mess.
What about the cheap steel-cased Berdan-primed ammo?
Anyone ever think about where the money flows (or dependencies lie) when buying that stuff?
I guess that at least they can't build spyware into the ammo, but they could charge any ammo headed west with pistol powder instead.
It's getting tough to identify reality or prioritize risks these days.

I was able to get pro from the Huawei app. I put Canada as location and it's available. Many thanks. Chinese spyware app not withstanding.
This is perhaps the biggest self own for the government with the sanctions so far. They sanction a small app which is mostly irrelevant to the war effort. People respond by continuing to download after installing Chinese spyware on their phones.....

Last edited:
So.... thats stupid. I have it on 3 devices. Id like to see you even try to arrest me, let alone make the charges stick for having it.

Reactions: LastShot300
It is illegal to have it on your device in the United States, even side loaded. "https://www.state.gov/the-united-st...r-anniversary-of-russias-war-against-ukraine/"

"or in the possession or control of U.S. persons are blocked and must be reported to OFAC. "

"These prohibitions include the making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any blocked person and the receipt of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services from any such person."

The person himself is listed as blacklisted from doing business in the United States. So even if he did setup shop in Switzerland doing business with that individual is illegal.

"United States that involve any property or interests in property of designated or blocked persons are prohibited unless authorized by a general or specific license issued by OFAC"
Have you or AB made efforts to stop distribution of the application? It's an excellent application and efforts to get it removed from distribution, as well as spreading information on it such as this make one suspect an active effort by the government, followed immediately by known competitors. So in other words, is AB wanting to keep it banned?

I've used all the apps available, and Strelok had the best UI of them all. So it's a horrible shame to see it banned out of pettiness.

Reactions: Jeff Gahler
Have you or AB made efforts to stop distribution of the application? It's an excellent application and efforts to get it removed from distribution, as well as spreading information on it such as this make one suspect an active effort by the government, followed immediately by known competitors. So in other words, is AB wanting to keep it banned?

I've used all the apps available, and Strelok had the best UI of them all. So it's a horrible shame to see it banned out of pettiness.
No, neither I nor AB have. On a public forum searchable by multiple search engines it is good for people to understand why an action occurred, and to understand if the advice you are giving someone could land them in trouble with the Feds. Their have been instances in the past where online forums and peoples actions have landed others in jail or fined. All the way back to the days of Napster. I simply wanted people to understand why it was removed, and that they could be getting others in trouble by giving them work arounds. Or that they could be getting themselves in trouble by attempting to circumvent it. It is always good if someone is reading something about circumventing (insert xyz) that they understand why it even happened and understand if they are being taught something that could land them in jail. Just like people who have ended up in trouble for "fuel filters" and for illegal full auto kits off social media and forums. Like this guy https://www.nj.com/bergen/2020/10/n...t-they-were-fuel-filters-his-lawyer-says.html

But to answer your question, no we don't go around to 3 or 4 letter agencies attempting to get companies outlawed. Nor do I go around to 3 or 4 letter agencies reporting people.

No, neither I nor AB have. On a public forum searchable by multiple search engines it is good for people to understand why an action occurred, and to understand if the advice you are giving someone could land them in trouble with the Feds. Their have been instances in the past where online forums and peoples actions have landed others in jail or fined. All the way back to the days of Napster. I simply wanted people to understand why it was removed, and that they could be getting others in trouble by giving them work arounds. Or that they could be getting themselves in trouble by attempting to circumvent it. It is always good if someone is reading something about circumventing (insert xyz) that they understand why it even happened and understand if they are being taught something that could land them in jail. Just like people who have ended up in trouble for "fuel filters" and for illegal full auto kits off social media and forums. Like this guy https://www.nj.com/bergen/2020/10/n...t-they-were-fuel-filters-his-lawyer-says.html

But to answer your question, no we don't go around to 3 or 4 letter agencies attempting to get companies outlawed. Nor do I go around to 3 or 4 letter agencies reporting people.
True. A guy from Wisconsin simply talked about a metal card about the size of a business card that one could cut and possibly make an AR-15 repeat fire and he is now in prison and broke. Just for talking. Didn't sell anything, did not collect money. Did not manufacture or distribute. He did not even cut one up and try it, himself. And the ATF is trying to roast him alive. For talking.

Not a good look for you to even be posting in this thread.

• Haha
Reactions: LastShot300

The feds are not going to mess with someone for using Strelok and if they do they will lose. Your comparisons are also not even in the same county of relevancy.

If you could take some advise on PR, you should be defending Strelok instead of coming around to discussion on it with fear mongering.

The only ballistic app I’ve ever used is Strelok and it was spot on with holdovers and scope power settings. Are there any other legitimate apps that have all the reticles in them that Strelok has?
The Lapua app has something similar. It's a basic reticle that you setup.

Reactions: KYAggie
The only ballistic app I’ve ever used is Strelok and it was spot on with holdovers and scope power settings. Are there any other legitimate apps that have all the reticles in them that Strelok has?
Some other ballistics apps elect to ask permission from the reticle designer, to use them in their app. I don’t wish to publicly comment on Streloks approach… Yes, I have designed reticles you may have used…..

UI is just familiarity. I prefer results on target, over a pretty interface. Custom drag curves win for me.

Why i said it. Also, i dont doubt that if US tried to charge me, aussie govt would send me over seas. Its how useless they are.

Interesting that I’ve just downloaded a Russian mapping app to my laptop. Maybe it’s google that banned strelok, not the gov specifically 🤷‍♂️

If looking to move the app from an old iPhone to a new one here is a copy/paste from the Strelok iOS page:
To move Strelok Pro from old iPhone to new iPhone (with the same Apple ID!) use this application: https://imazing.com/ Here is useful video:

I helped a friend do it when he got a new iPhone, it worked perfectly.