• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tucsondave

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Good ole time movie going. Reminiscent of Stand By Me,It,and ET all rolled into one. Very Steven Kingesque. Good special effects. Movie moved along at a good pace and was enjoyable. If you grew up in the 70's in a small eastern town everything looked familiar. Cool cars and styles. My son (15) also found it enjoyable. YMMV

Re: Super 8

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sled Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stick around after the credits to see the movie the kids were working on. </div></div>

Yeah,that was some funny stuff.

Not sure If i liked this movie... The trailer had me excited.

The movie itself was a little bland. Or I found it that way anyway

Dang, ILM is getting really good at making CG fire.

I caught the "Goonies" similarities, but I still enjoyed it. The acting was pretty even and it didn't take itself too seriously -- which I count a plus in a movie like this -- until the space aliens started raising hell and causing accidents. Then it flaked out.

Another thing that struck me about it, the actors were a bunch of normal looking kids, they weren't all Hollyweird "pretty."

I also noticed they dropped 1 (one) f-bomb in the whole movie, probably to stop it having just a "PG" rating.

There's a lot of mild profanity -- a bunch of kids in their early teens trying to sound older -- and, as I mentioned, one f-bomb (delivered by an adult and a stoner). There's a lot of violence but most of it is like the shark attacks in the first half of "Jaws," people getting slung around without a lot of visible bloodshed. But they are shrieking and generally making displays of mortal terror. And one of the kids has a habit of projectile vomiting.

Ballpark estimate, I'd be concerned about showing it to a pre-teen who wasn't pretty thoroughly hardened to "Hollywood" violence.

It has enough scares to not be good for pre-teens, regardless of the language. Besides, it's more nostalgic for those of us who were teen agers in 1979 anyway
wink.gif

I really liked it, I thought it was one of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

I liked it. Best movie of the year so far. Better than the other thread that was started by a bunch of bashers
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cds7221</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm gonna heave to check it out. I've heard from diffrent groups of ppl i know that it was good. </div></div>

Saw it Saturday, good movie, decent 'alien backstory' and some good special effects.

The kids, some of which have never been before a camera, steal the show.

Chris

Celia instant-viewed it on her new Kindle Fire Tuesday, and I decided to buy the DVD and view it. Very, very glad I did.

Greg

I saw it in the theatre in the spring. I asked my 21 yr old if she had seen it and she said she did and liked it. She thought I would like it but wasn't sure if her Mom would.

With her recommendation I went and saw it by myself. I thought it was great. I was a teenager in the late 60's early 70's, so this fit my time frame well.

I plan on getting it on DVD.