• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

super trickler

If you’re worried about duties just buy the scale from a USA seller. I don’t think I’ve heard of anybody paying duties on ST alone to USA. I didn’t FWIW
Thank you, scondofangle2. I appreciate the feedback, since I will be graduating up from an RCBS chargemaster.

Buy the scale from CE Products and the ST direct. Customs will hit you with a bill if they inspect your package or pull the shipping label. Rex answers emails directly if you have any questions: [email protected]

In regards to Customs, this is the law:
E-commerce purchases that are mailed or shipped to the US are granted duty-free entry if they are less than US$1,600 and from an insular possession (IP) country. The same applies to purchases that are less than US$800, and from a Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) country or Andean country.

How much are the US import tax and duties?

The amount of import tax and duties to be paid depends on the country that the goods are imported from. Duty tax rates are between 0 to 37.5% with the typical rate being 5.63%. A flat rate of 3% applies to e-commerce purchases that are in excess of the US import tax threshold limits.

Very informative, thanks NithQwill. Now that I have an email address I will reach out to Rex today.

It appears that most users are choosing the FX-120i (external calibration) over the FZ-120i (internal calibration) scales. Out of pure curiosity, is this because they are just using their scale, from their AutoTrickler V3 or V4? Or, is there another reason and I just over looking it

It appears that most users are choosing the FX-120i (external calibration) over the FZ-120i (internal calibration) scales. Out of pure curiosity, is this because they are just using their scale, from their AutoTrickler V3 or V4? Or, is there another reason and I just over looking it
For me the internal calibration isn't worth the extra cost. Spent $20 on a F1 rated calibration weight and good to go.

Reactions: kampr
If I buy the Fx-120i somewhere else, is there anything I need to do beyond plugging the ST into the scale and setting it on top?

If you already own a decent 100 gram weight from another scale, you can use that one.

The cal procedure with an external check weight is trivial (and over rated)... and... having the cal weight built into the scale makes it more vulnerable if you move it around much.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Mine cleared customs this morning and will arrive Monday night.
No sign of additional fees
H

If you order just the ST you shouldn't have any customs duty. If you order the ST and fx120i together you may owe about $35 if your in the USA

Reactions: 300PRC
Got mine gen2 from Bruno and what little I've played with it I've been really impressed. Averaging around 6 to 7 seconds for 30gr of Varget. I'm still waiting for a few other things before I can really get into playing with it but so far so good.

Reactions: Herb Stoner
Mine arrived and will not connect with the scale. Anyone on here able to help via pm or text?
Rex suggested the face book but I have always been a hard no for that.
H

Mine arrived and will not connect with the scale. Anyone on here able to help via pm or text?
H
Have you read the manual ? , and have you followed the scale reset and programming instructions? Its not plug and play

H
What have you done up to now? and did your scale have factory defaults or AT settings? What page of the manual are you on?

The most common complaint with the supertrickler results from skipping the eighty-four (84!!!!!) page manual and trying to just plug stuff together. You MUST read the relevant parts of the manual or you're never going to get it working. YOu don't need to read all 84 pages, but you MUST carefully read and follow the instructions for the setup.

Reactions: NiteQwill
Thanks for the replies yes and no to reading the manual .I read the relevant parts for set up and had a no go but Rex was quick to reply that typical issue is the scale. The scale needed reconfigured and as you said read carefully and follow the directions specifically.
The two are communicating and now for more reading.
Thanks again to the community for quickly replying.
H

I thought the chip would sit proud in the slot. But with closer examination card is in the slot.
What a moron.
Really have to love getting old.
H

Reactions: NiteQwill
In your defense, there have been occasions where a chip or a cup or some little doo dad were left out of the shipment and Rex had to send them along.

Also, I might suggest to them (as a beta tester) that they need to issue a "cliff's notes" version of the 84 page manual with JUST the setup stuff and essentials.

Reactions: dttheliman
In your defense, there have been occasions where a chip or a cup or some little doo dad were left out of the shipment and Rex had to send them along.

Also, I might suggest to them (as a beta tester) that they need to issue a "cliff's notes" version of the 84 page manual with JUST the setup stuff and essentials.
To be totally fair - once you get your head around presets and the tuning , obviously once you get the scale talking to the ST :LOL: you don't need the manual - I read most of it once , a quick guide may have just been fine .

Oh… I hope there’s not going to be too much science involved here. The self-learning thing as demonstrated on YT by F-class John is what convinced to get this thing in the first place.

It's definitely not plug and play. But without messing with it it'll dispense 30gr of Varget or 42gr of h4350 between 5 to 6 seconds most of the time with reasonable accuracy. It'll see 8 to 10 in a row then over throw one or two.

Oh… I hope there’s not going to be too much science involved here. The self-learning thing as demonstrated on YT by F-class John is what convinced to get this thing in the first place.
It’s fine you just have to do the initial setup just like AT or any other thing that has to communicate with the Fi120 scale. Once it’s set up you will be GTG

As you posted cliff notes would be nice as there is a lot of info. For an old guy I didn't find the manual sequential with getting the ST operating.
My first 2 powders N140 and RL 15.5 required the system to learn and some manipulation by me to get the throws as accurate as I had hoped.
Having said that it is all I hoped for.
Still don't have Facebook
H

Same date as mine (1311). It was my intention to order the combo with scales, but somehow the order only showed the ST. Checked CE Products and saw they sell the FX for $580, free shipping. Time between placing my order and pickup by UPS was only 2 hours, estimated delivery Wednesday.

Mine should be here Monday. Would have been earlier but I waited for the upgrade.

Having issue with powder cup stabilization. Have the monitoring off. It worked, then no. Just keep getting reposition cup, or cup not empty. Any help would be appreciated

I had the same problem.
step 1 (as the laser is off) is to do a factory restore on the power cup monitoring settings.
go to
SYSTEM
SETUP
FACTORY RESTORE
SECTION RESTORE
press and hold POWDER CUP MONITORING

I had the same problem.
step 1 (as the laser is off) is to do a factory restore on the power cup monitoring settings.
go to
SYSTEM
SETUP
FACTORY RESTORE
SECTION RESTORE
Thanks I'll try that.

I had the same problem.
go to
SYSTEM
SETUP
FACTORY RESTORE
SECTION RESTORE

I had the same problem.
go to
SYSTEM
SETUP
FACTORY RESTORE
SECTION RESTORE
That did the job. Appreciate the info again.

Hey all,

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a ST. Are there any advantages or disadvantages to ordering the FX120i scale along with the ST vs sourcing the scale somewhere stateside?

Thanks

Ordering both at the same time has incurred additional import fees since the combination hits a price threshold to trigger said additional import fees. I know there is some one stateside that does warranty work or something like that but I think the ST's are still getting shipped UPS to us from across the pond

Reactions: seafury
On the ST website is says their FX scales are pre programmed to work with the ST. I’m not a tec wizard so paying a little extra to have everything jive from the manufacture is No big deal. I understand after receiving the unit lots of reading and experimenting come with it.

for those that had to pair a ST with an FX 120i? whats involved? What’s the process? Difficulty?

Thanks all!

On the ST website is says their FX scales are pre programmed to work with the ST. I’m not a tec wizard so paying a little extra to have everything jive from the manufacture is No big deal. I understand after receiving the unit lots of reading and experimenting come with it.

for those that had to pair a ST with an FX 120i? whats involved? What’s the process? Difficulty?

Thanks all!
All that is involved is following the steps in the ST manual - its mickey mouse as long as you can read ..... and if you had an AT attached follow the steps to reset the FX

Thanks all!
Read the manual…
Not difficult. Proof is that mine works.

Only issue I had I accidentally set it for a 50g calibration weight. My dumb but got confused with that section. But it was an easy fix

The preconfigured ones come preconfigured by the guy that does the warranty work stateside. It seems that most do it by themselves though. The superticklers anonymous support group on facebook is very responsive and effective at helping those who are willing to try and figure it out if they need it. If you purchase the unit you can be a member of the Facebook owners group with a ton of information available from other users.

Steve Fine is the warranty guy up in MI or WI I fogret which. I don't think any units go through his hands unless you send to him for warranty.

Yes, the FB group is great, I'm on there as Steve Adams, which is an alias because I, like many here, don't want to participate in that FB/Meta bullshit.

Reactions: Raffy
I ordered the scale with mine. About two weeks after it arrived, I was sent a bill for an additional three dollars.