• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Suppressed 308 / load development

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Ok, I just picked up my AAC Cyclone K. To say I was like a kid on Christmas was an understatement. With FGMM 168 SMK's at 100 yards the POA shift was approximately 2 inches low and an inch to the right. It did appear to tighten the 5 shot groups slightly, but the kick in the pants was when I tried some light plinking loads I made using 168 SMK's with 13.3 of red dot. Silly shit eating grin is all can say, it was not as loud as my buddy's son Gamo airgun. I was definitely sporting a stupid grin. The red dot was inconsistant, so i am starting to research trailboss. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

suppresor001.jpg

Re: Suppressed 308 / load development

Check out the "reloading" sections and search. I'm search you find something.

Your fun is just starting...I use 10 grns of Trailboss pushing a 180 RN Hornady. Barrel is a 1:10...your Remington is probably a 1:12 so I would move down to the 150 RN at 11 grains and work down..slooowwwly
Important to run over a Chrono and make sure the rounds are cutting clean holes in your target BEFORE putting the can on...dont want a baffle strike...best of luck with it !!!

Witch Doctor- What is the make/model of the buttstock cheek pad? It looks like just what I've been looking for.

Eagle Stock Pack Perhaps? There's others on the market but I believe this is the most popular by far.

Stock Pack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRAKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Witch Doctor- What is the make/model of the buttstock cheek pad? It looks like just what I've been looking for. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRAKER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Witch Doctor- What is the make/model of the buttstock cheek pad? It looks like just what I've been looking for. </div></div>

Its an Eagle

My SS loads out of a PSS 1:12 .308. Stabilizes the 180's perfectly.

9.5 gr TB
FED match brass
CCI LR primers
180gr Hornaday RN
1000 FPS

10.3 gr TB
Hornady match TAP brass
CCI LR Primer
180 Hornady SP
990 FPS

Keith

Witch,
I shoot a lot of SS in deer culling. I have used some Lapua factoy stuff and it is nice. I wanted a load I could use W/O changing my zeros. After a lot of expirementing this is what I came up with.
13 Gr IMR 4227. Weighed.
I bore the flash holes to about 1/2 the size of the primers, Leave just enough rim to keep them from going in.
Fed 215 mag match primer.
200 grain subsonic lapua bullet with rebated rim.
Seat for about 2.5" length, if it will not jam. I will get more specific later if you wish.
Vel in 22" barrel with Surefire can is 1066 at 70 degrees.
Counter boreing the the flash holes does not incresase or decrease the velocity, it just makes it more uniform.
This load allows me to use my 300 yard zero with the 168 SMK with the same can. (44 grains IMR 4064 F210 match depth 3.022 Lapua case 173 grain weight)
POI is
25 .25" high
50 .25" high
75 1 ml low
100 2 ml low
125 3 ml low
150 4 ml low
175 5 ml low
200 6 ml low.
Very convienent for me. I just carry a small laser and hold out to 200 with SS and 800 with supersonic ammo. I dial past 800 and do not shoot SS past 200.
Shoots slightly higher w/o the can. I think about 1 ml at each range.
Hope this helps. PM if you need more detail. You do want the Mag primers for uniform velocity.
Good luck

I also wanted to add that I took a tip from Lapua and I use a perma marker on the base of each round so I can easily see it. It is quite some suprise to touch off a supersonic load when you are expection a SS one. In the dark, you can feel the difference in length and tip of the two.

My Rem 700, .308 Sub with 20" barrel
Horn 180gr Rn 10.5gr Trailboss
Horn 220gr RN 13gr Trailboss ((This load was using older CCI primers and should use less powder with fresh primers))
50yds--6 MOA
100yds--12 MOA

AR47 7.62x39 16" Barrel
Horn 220gr RN 9.5gr Win 296 WLRmag Primers
Speer 200gr SP 9.5gr Win 296 WLRmag Primers

Both using YHM Phantam QD

((( Edit Post )))

I use 10.2gr of Trailboss, 170gr RN Hornady bullet, 2-4x fired FGMM brass, and a Federal 210M primer. This is the best accuracy load that I've found/made in subsonic for my 1/12 twist 700p chopped down to 22".

-X