• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressed 9MM DDLES SBR Build

ZombieMonkey

Can I get a liter of cola
Minuteman
  • May 2, 2013
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Finally after a year of waiting and multiple conjugal visits later, my DDLES 9mm SBR rifle is home with it's suppressor.

-DDLES Glock mag 9mm lower
    -Sun Devil Upper
    -Wilson Combat TRIM rail
    -SWR Octane 9HD w/ three lug adaptor
    -Geissle SSA-E

KkfvtnO.jpg

Anyone else out there playing with these things? They are an absolute blast to shoot.

My JP GMR-13 just arrived at my dealer yesterday and I get to pick it up tomorrow. I've had a Silencerco Octane 45 setting in his safe since March '14 awaiting a tax stamp sometime in 2015. The JP will be getting SBR'd eventually and the FORM-1 sent off next week. Maybe by this time next year I can have my toy to play with. :)

I have one. Not SBR yet or surpressed but I have to agree it is a ton of fun

What length of barrel and rail do you have there?

be4evyqy.jpg

Lone wolf lower (Glock mags), home built upper 5" barrel and Rainer free float hand guard with AAC TiRant 9mm suppressor. I have a number of firearms that I would not part with but this is the most fun. I have been using it in bowling pin matches the last few weeks and having a ball.

Yeah, like Don says, it is a 5" three-lug barrel with a 9.3" Wilson Combat TRIM rail. It's as slim of a rail as you can go and still tuck the Octane in. I actually had to modify the inside a little bit in order to stuff it in there so it would not touch. Fun gun.

I've considered avoiding the SBR route by trying an integral upper, but I already have the Octane in hand and I think it'd be worth saving 4+ inches off the muzzle. It looks like a great, compact package the way you guys have yours set up, which is a big part of the fun.

I have the DDLES lower in my safe, and I guess I'm trying to talk myself into the SBR. Just gotta get the ball rolling on the eForm already

Did you both do anything special with the buffer/spring? I checked out the Slash 9Q and Wolff XP spring for mine; of course those are on the pricier side of things.

i would avoid eforms right now. I think they are shut down for repair.

I keep getting emails about their status and it looks like nothing short of a clusterfuck. I'll do the Form 1 the old fashioned way

For size perspective, the overall length of this setup with the can on is the same size as my 10.5" LMT SBR with just a flash hider on it, very short.

Standard spring, with a Spikes buffer and it has a spacer in there as well to limit the over travel of the carrier.

Sweeeet! I recently sold mine to purchase a clip on night vision. Might revisit that 9mm rifle build someday.

I keep getting emails about their status and it looks like nothing short of a clusterfuck. I'll do the Form 1 the old fashioned way

I would do it yesterday if I was you. no time like today to send the government $200. this suppressed sbr package is super compact. it's too awesome to describe.