• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressed 9MM DDLES SBR Build

ZombieMonkey

Can I get a liter of cola
Minuteman
  • May 2, 2013
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Finally after a year of waiting and multiple conjugal visits later, my DDLES 9mm SBR rifle is home with it's suppressor.

-DDLES Glock mag 9mm lower
    -Sun Devil Upper
    -Wilson Combat TRIM rail
    -SWR Octane 9HD w/ three lug adaptor
    -Geissle SSA-E

KkfvtnO.jpg

Anyone else out there playing with these things? They are an absolute blast to shoot.

My JP GMR-13 just arrived at my dealer yesterday and I get to pick it up tomorrow. I've had a Silencerco Octane 45 setting in his safe since March '14 awaiting a tax stamp sometime in 2015. The JP will be getting SBR'd eventually and the FORM-1 sent off next week. Maybe by this time next year I can have my toy to play with. :)

I have one. Not SBR yet or surpressed but I have to agree it is a ton of fun

be4evyqy.jpg

Lone wolf lower (Glock mags), home built upper 5" barrel and Rainer free float hand guard with AAC TiRant 9mm suppressor. I have a number of firearms that I would not part with but this is the most fun. I have been using it in bowling pin matches the last few weeks and having a ball.

Yeah, like Don says, it is a 5" three-lug barrel with a 9.3" Wilson Combat TRIM rail. It's as slim of a rail as you can go and still tuck the Octane in. I actually had to modify the inside a little bit in order to stuff it in there so it would not touch. Fun gun.

I've considered avoiding the SBR route by trying an integral upper, but I already have the Octane in hand and I think it'd be worth saving 4+ inches off the muzzle. It looks like a great, compact package the way you guys have yours set up, which is a big part of the fun.

I have the DDLES lower in my safe, and I guess I'm trying to talk myself into the SBR. Just gotta get the ball rolling on the eForm already

Did you both do anything special with the buffer/spring? I checked out the Slash 9Q and Wolff XP spring for mine; of course those are on the pricier side of things.

i would avoid eforms right now. I think they are shut down for repair.

I keep getting emails about their status and it looks like nothing short of a clusterfuck. I'll do the Form 1 the old fashioned way

For size perspective, the overall length of this setup with the can on is the same size as my 10.5" LMT SBR with just a flash hider on it, very short.

Standard spring, with a Spikes buffer and it has a spacer in there as well to limit the over travel of the carrier.

Sweeeet! I recently sold mine to purchase a clip on night vision. Might revisit that 9mm rifle build someday.

I keep getting emails about their status and it looks like nothing short of a clusterfuck. I'll do the Form 1 the old fashioned way

I would do it yesterday if I was you. no time like today to send the government $200. this suppressed sbr package is super compact. it's too awesome to describe.