• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon rifle pics

Re: Surgeon rifle pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SeekinsDMS001-1.jpg
</div></div>

What scope is this? Thanks guys! [/quote]

USO ST-10, EREK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: heycorey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SurgeonScalpel.jpg
</div></div>

I'm having Surgeon build me a Scalpel similar to yours. Have you had it long? How's it shoot? What twist did you go with? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks </div></div>

I think it's been about a year now. Below is a picture of my first rounds through it (after zero'ing) at 100 yards. I know 100 yard/3-shot groups aren't all that impressive, but it's the only time I've taken pics. The last one was a rapid 4-shot group. Needless to say, the rifle shoots way better than I do.

GroupShot.jpg

The barrel is a 20" Bartlein with a 1:10 twist. The Surefire brake works well all by itself ... still waiting to get a can. The barrel has a pretty heavy contour (#9, I think). If I was going to do it over again, I'd go for something a little lighter. But all-in-all, it's well a balanced rifle.

Thanks for the info. I'm glad your happy with the rifle. Any reason you decided on the 1-10 twist, I'd thought about 1-11, but wasn't sure. I might shoot some lighter bullets in it. Looks like she shoots really well. Surgeon recommended a MTU contour in the Krieger barrel, and I think I'm going to flute it.

Thanks again, and she sure is sweet!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the info. I'm glad your happy with the rifle. Any reason you decided on the 1-10 twist, I'd thought about 1-11, but wasn't sure. I might shoot some lighter bullets in it. Looks like she shoots really well. Surgeon recommended a MTU contour in the Krieger barrel, and I think I'm going to flute it.

Thanks again, and she sure is sweet!! </div></div>

I'd like to be able to say I had a definitive reason for going 1:10, but it just sounded like the better choice for a shorter barrel, at the time. The performance of the rifle is superb, but I'm not sure you'd see a whole lot of difference between 1:10 or 1:11. I think you'd be fine either way.

I've got a GAP with a fluted barrel that shoots as well as the Surgeon. And it's a little lighter, so fluting isn't a bad idea. I'm sure you're new rifle will shoot great ... and dealing with the Surgeon folks is always a pleasure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ERdept</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unsure how to post images, but if you can see this, it's mine....
445338464_yGDzJ-L.jpg

</div></div>

See what? all I see is a snake........

lol, Nice Rifle!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooter-PIE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pgs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Preston built this one 3 years ago. </div></div>

Nice! I ordered their new Remington clone action in February and was promised delivery in one month...even though they weren't in production yet. They delivered! If only McMillan could deliver in such a short time frame...... </div></div>

PGS and Scooter, PM's sent

here is mine I just received this week: Surgeon Scalpel 591 receiver and McMillan a5 stock.

24" fluted and threaded krieger MTU

2evg1f9.jpg

not too bad actually. It balances very well. I don't have the scope mounted though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Surgeon-Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok i finally it here it is!
DSCF1617.jpg
</div></div>

Another beauty of a rifle!!!!!!!! Just as I asked KJ, what percent of colors (Olive, Black, and Tan?) did you use for the stock?

10-3.......IT'S BEEN ANSWERED ALREADY!! I OVERLOOKED IT!!

Mine landed yesterday. Built here in Australia:

DSC06894.jpg

DSC06890.jpg

DSC06893.jpg

DSC06895.jpg

DSC06907.jpg

DSC06908.jpg

DSC06931.jpg

DSC06927.jpg

Range report to follow...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boogyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres mine,
003-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

009-7.jpg
</div></div>

I'm getting ready to put the same scope on one of my Surgeon Scalpels. What height are your rings?

Our monthly club centerfire bench rest match was won this past Saturday by a young man using a Surgeon rifle in 6.5x47mm Lapua chambering. In spite of mirage and fickle winds, he managed a 194-4X. The course is 20 shots for score; 10 each at 104 and 228 yards on 100 & 200 yard IBS targets.

His rifle was impressive and he shot it well.

LHOLMES- What kind of bolt handle is that on your rifle? Looks sweet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: L.Holmes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres mine..591 action,Rock #7 in 260 cal.
0822001234.jpg

downsized_0822001234a.jpg

0822001235.jpg

0822001237.jpg

0822001236.jpg
</div></div>

That is Surgeon's new bolt knob. They switched from the KMW to their own model recently.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CavBoy1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
SeekinsDMS001-1.jpg
</div></div>

When did they do a bolt safety?

Is that handle as rough as it looks? It would seem after 50 or so rounds, your hands would get ate up lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trpr154</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boogyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres mine,
003-3.jpg

006-4.jpg

009-7.jpg
</div></div>

I'm getting ready to put the same scope on one of my Surgeon Scalpels. What height are your rings? </div></div>
Trpr154,
Those are high Badger Max 50 rings....Ill warn you though I had to lap the piss out of them to true them up!!! Just sent another pair back....might look at Nightforces....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon RSR 6.5x47L

Picture005-1.jpg
</div></div>

Please give us the specs on this gun. I'm building a rifle that will look very similar to this. Specifically what barrel? Could you post more pics as I'm still waiting for my action and barrel to come in.

Trpr154,
Those are high Badger Max 50 rings....Ill warn you though I had to lap the piss out of them to true them up!!! Just sent another pair back....might look at Nightforces....[/quote]

I'm actually thinking 1.125" Nightforce rings. I was just curious about the height. I'll look up badger high rings height. I always thought Badger rings were supposed to be good quality rings. I guess, I'm lucky I've never tried them.

Thanks

Few months late in posting. George @ Precision Shooting Sports built this RSR based .260 for me.

260.jpg

It's been on here before, but always worth another look
smile.gif

PICT0047.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Katahdin</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surgeon RSR 6.5x47L

Picture005-1.jpg
</div></div>

Please give us the specs on this gun. I'm building a rifle that will look very similar to this. Specifically what barrel? Could you post more pics as I'm still waiting for my action and barrel to come in. </div></div>

Beanland Built 6.5x47 Lapua
Surgeon RSR Action - Surgeon 20 MOA base, Firing pin bushed.
Krieger Med Palma Finished at 25" 1:8 twist Coyote Tan cerakote Threaded 5/8-24 TPI
Huber 2 stage Trigger
Manners MCS-T5a with Mini Chassis, Adj. Butt spacer system w/ 1/2 Pachmyr decelerator pad- Coyote Tan. No idea on LOP fits me perfectly as it came.
4 Flush cups (bottom and left side)
Atlas BT17 Mount for Atlas bipod - Includes 1 flush cup
Atlas Bipod v8
Nightforce 5.5-22x50 MLR/Mil NF Ultra Light med rings.

I think that's it. Oh yea, Bolt Rem TI fluted by Kampfeld Custom.

I should have never looked in this thread.

^^^My posts like this are usually followed a few months later by a picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I should have never looked in this thread.

^^^My posts like this are usually followed a few months later by a picture. </div></div>
+1000000000, and I went by their shop. So.......

Maybe next month it will be ready!!!
300WSM
Surgeon 591WSM
McMillan A5
Jewell Trigger
Seekins WSM DBM
Krieger #17
SurWSM.jpg

McCamoA5.jpg

P1020925.jpg

Nice looking rifles!! Can't wait to get mine in I hate lead times!!!!

How about a Surgeon/AX ? Just got this today.

It looks a little awkward the rings and scope are temporary, they were handy for a picture
smile.gif

142239392.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jAXDIALATION</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a Surgeon/AX ? Just got this today.

It looks a little awkward the rings and scope are temporary, they were handy for a picture
smile.gif

142239392.jpg

</div></div>

Damn, That is nice!