• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SW AMMO UPDATE THREAD

I feel super motivated today, Thank you all for the support over the past 4 years

Zach

Zach.
Primers popping out of my 22 inch AW 308 with your 175 gr. 308 you just sent me.
2 popped primers per 40 rounds average so far. Also other signs include burn marks around primer pocket.
Suggestions ?
y7uva3yj.jpg

Just back from the range to test SouthWest Ammunition custom .338 LM. Here are the results. Left target is Sierra Match King 300 gr bullets and the right group is Lapua Scenar 300 gr bullets. Both targets were shot at 300 yards 5 rounds each. I ordered the ammunition in October and received it a month later. It was a special order job, not so easy to find a company that would take the time to do it. These guys did it right! Recorded V=2740 with an SD of 12 FPS for the Sierra MK and V=2802 with an SD of 10 for the Lapua Scenars. I have nothing but the utmost respect and highest recommendation for this company. Extra pie for Michael, Zack and all the rest at SWA.

Attachments

• P1010312.jpg
    P1010312.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Can you load me some 240 grain subs in 300 Blackout? Any idea of how long to ship and or cost, please.
Thank you.

my first experience has been fantastic. i called and asked what would be coming into production for my .308 and was given a timeframe. DELIVERED as promised. Well done SW!

Order #6835 placed 11/14 for 1000 rds of .308 147gr ball.
Called on 11/22 for ETA and was told I should get an email in a week that it shipped. Never came.
Called and left message and emailed on 12/11 to cancel. No response to either.
Called and left message on 12/16 to cancel. No response.
No response as of 12/19. Disputed charge on CC.

Last edited:
Canceled my blackout order via email and phone msg, no return call, wouldn't let me cancel online even though there supposed to be option for it ... Had to dispute charge on CC since they charged me at time of order. Not when ammo shipped.

Canceled my blackout order via email and phone msg, no return call, wouldn't let me cancel online even though there supposed to be option for it ... Had to dispute charge on CC since they charged me at time of order. Not when ammo shipped.
Sorry to hear about this, I have been adding ammo or adding about a 10% credit on my really late orders, and yours was ready today.

I dont get who did chargeback until a week later, so i almost shipped it.

Zach

Not here to cry, just a quick question, I have an order that's over a month old and for the past 2 weeks the website is telling me that the order is too far along to modify, but it hasn't shipped. Tried calling, PM'd Kristen, and still nothing. I dig your products and want to add to an existing order, I wish it would be simple for everyone to win. What do I need to do to get things added to an order before it ships?

Question on the SW ammo. I'm shooting the .260 remington 123 gr Lapua, which is chronoed at 2900 fps from a 24 inch barrel. Any information on the altitude/pressure/humidity for that speed? I don't have a chronograph and I am trying to get a velocity estimate to build a drop chart. I'm shooting a 24" tikka t3 at sea level.

Had the chance to shoot the 300 WinMag ammo loaded with 208 AMAX, all I can say is WOW!
I have a stock Remington 700 5R cut down to 22" . Chrono avg was 2690 fps, std was 19 fps, 5 shots MOA at 100 yards, SubMOA at 200 yards, conditions were 55F, 67% Hum, 5mph wind. Altitude 470ft.

Also Shot some Hornady Ammo 195gr HPBT, same conditions as above, waited for bore to cool, Avg 2835 fps, SD 15 fps.
MOA at 100 & 200 yds.

Received my ammo today. Less than two weeks. Exceptional to say the least. I will definitely be back for more.

I am looking at some of your 69gr & 77gr smk 223 loads. Are the 223 or 5.56? It is for a tikka varmit.

I can't say 100% for sure but I believe they are 5.56 loads. The 77gr loads are within 30fps of Black Hills 5.56 77gr loads.

Had a recent bad experince with SWA.

Ordered a couple hundred of the .260 Seconds back in October.
Confirmed a couple times with Kristin? that there was still stock left.

Didn't recieve ammo after about a month, figured they were swamped and would get it out sooner or later. However, the fact they are selling seconds would indicate that they are already made and ready to ship.

Called early dec and told my order was being shipped that week
Called two weeks later and told that order already shipped
Called two weeks later and was told it shipped
Called a few days later and was told that they aren't sure, but will call me RIGHT BACK (Never got a call back)
Called the next afternoon and told they still don't know whats going on.
Called the following week and asked for an explaination. After about 30 minutes, they admitted that they were sold out.
Ended up ordering less than half as many rounds of a different .260 ammo (for the same money) since my card was already charged and I didn't trust them to get the chargeback right without having to call 10 more times.
Finnaly got my ammo a week ago.....Almost 3 months from the date of initial order.

Refused to honor the price that I was already charged on my card back in October. Would not even give a discount on their in stock .260 ammo (which was MORE than Twice what I had already paid for the seconds.) Claimed that they couldn't do that...... which is piss poor customer service. I wasn't asking for anything for free, but a nice discount to make up for their poor service and inventory tracking would have went a long way. .... But they did credit me with a $25 gift card(that has to be used there, so its maybe $10 when you factor in profit), that won't even buy one box of ammo.

I just wish they would have been honest from the get go. Spending that much time following up when the company tells you everything is already taken care of is just unacceptable.

I am going to think long and hard if I ever use them again...

Last edited:
Had a recent bad experince with SWA.

Ordered a couple hundred of the .260 Seconds back in October.
Confirmed a couple times with Kristin? that there was still stock left.

Didn't recieve ammo after about a month, figured they were swamped and would get it out sooner or later. However, the fact they are selling seconds would indicate that they are already made and ready to ship.

Called early dec and told my order was being shipped that week
Called two weeks later and told that order already shipped
Called two weeks later and was told it shipped
Called a few days later and was told that they aren't sure, but will call me RIGHT BACK (Never got a call back)
Called the next afternoon and told they still don't know whats going on.
Called the following week and asked for an explaination. After about 30 minutes, they admitted that they were sold out.
Ended up ordering less than half as many rounds of a different .260 ammo (for the same money) since my card was already charged and I didn't trust them to get the chargeback right without having to call 10 more times.
Finnaly got my ammo a week ago.....Almost 3 months from the date of initial order.

Refused to honor the price that I was already charged on my card back in October. Would not even give a discount on their in stock .260 ammo (which was MORE than Twice what I had already paid for the seconds.) Claimed that they couldn't do that...... which is piss poor customer service. I wasn't asking for anything for free, but a nice discount to make up for their poor service and inventory tracking would have went a long way. .... But they did credit me with a $25 gift card(that has to be used there, so its maybe $10 when you factor in profit), that won't even buy one box of ammo.

I just wish they would have been honest from the get go. Spending that much time following up when the company tells you everything is already taken care of is just unacceptable.

I am going to think long and hard if I ever use them again...
I am very sorry for your experience, but you did received a $20.93 discount on the purchase and we also added a $25 gift credit, so you received $45.93 total in credits with this order. I am not perfect, this was 100% my fault, I personally took on the seconds orders and got side tracked with other things. I will add another $25 gift card to your profile, I hope this is enough to get back in your good graces.

Zach
cell: 480-390-8121, my direct number if you would like to talk about it

Yes, I'll be a SWA fanboy. I've been buying from them for about 1-1/2 years, even through the tough times of over-demand and under-supply when it took months to get an order. Maybe I'm too patient or maybe it's just that I order regularly and ahead of the time I'm in need, but I've never been kept from shooting due to lack of ammo and I've never been disappointed with their product.

I feel for those that have had issues, but am personally a happy customer. YRMV.

Quick question for ya SWAMMO (already looked on your site and didn't see it posted aside from the .mil discount)

Do you offer discounts for volume orders?

Thanks

Quick question for ya SWAMMO (already looked on your site and didn't see it posted aside from the .mil discount)

Do you offer discounts for volume orders?

Thanks
Any order over $500 gets free shipping, which on many orders is well over 10% of total cost.

Thank you Lash, yes any orders over $500 get free shipping, If your talking about bulk orders for a dealer account just give me a call and Ill go over the discount structure with you, Also I finally got some Kick a$$ help in the office, If you guys call say "Hi" to Jenna! She is awesome!!! (much better than the other short lived office girls) sooo Ill be getting back on my own account as of tonight so you guys can start PMing me there again but it was too much with all the email accounts, social media and phone(along with daily office work) to keep up on all. Jenna is such a big help she is giving me more time to talk to you guys one on one again!(YAY cuz i have no life outside this place LOL) Anyway ENJOY the rest of your weekend Ill be here tomorrow too if anyone needs to call.( 480-302-2233 ) And go check out our Group buys they are going fast. ~Kristen

About time!!

Look what finally arrived!!! The boys said its time to spill powder BAHAHAHA!!!

Attachments

• machines.JPG
    machines.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 17
I placed an order on the 9th for the SW118LR. I ordered before but had to wait for 6 months due to the shortages awhile back. They made it right and produce a great product. I am just wondering what the current wait times are?

My experience is that their current wait times are about 2 weeks or so for ammo that is not already loaded and less for what they have in stock. Group Buys are another story though, as they get tons of orders all at once and then have to load and fill those orders in the order received.

Honestly, I try to stay ahead of my needs enough so that I can order and not worry about when it will arrive, so that there's no stress involved.

BTW, I do like their SW118LR. It's shoots really well in my DPMS.

Just a heads up. I placed an order on the 9th of Feb for the 500 rounds of SW118LR. It shipped on the 3rd of March. That's not bad at all.

Placed order 7596 for 300BLK on 3/5/2014. Emailed two weeks later to get an ETA. Was told two more weeks on March 21st. Attempted to follow up again on April 8, but no response. Currently sitting at 7 weeks, 2 days.
It's cool if you're busy and are up front that my wait will take so long, but the lack of communication is very irritating to me. This is my fourth order from you guys but it may be my last.

I placed my order on 1/21/14 for 300 WM and the order has said "processing" ever since. I called about a month ago and they said 2 more weeks.

Called about a week ago to ask if they had a retail front as I'd be in Phoenix for a day and thought I'd swing by if I could and pick up some stuff. Jenna was very nice and had me call back when I was close so she could talk me in as they're a little bit around from where their address is located. As I pulled in she was definitely easy to spot (there's a very lucky guy out there somewhere) and she walked me over to where they had their stock. They had some bulk stuff on the shelves and I ended up buying some 300BLK, some 178 AMAX, and a couple boxes each of their 136 & 139 .260 loads. She explained they had just moved production to a larger place so they didn't have any of the machines set up in their office location any more.

Overall very nice experience, once of the guys invited me out to the AZ Precision Rifle somethingorother every 3rd Thursday so I may take him up on it next time I'm on a 'tween leg break. Guys in the office side were nice, interested in what I was picking up and very interested in making sure I was happy with the stuff I'd bought previously, and to make sure and give them a shout if I had any questions or issues with any of their stuff. Jenna even insisted on carrying the ammo I purchased to my car, all 20 boxes of it. I've always been happy with the product they provide, and I'll continue to use them in the future. The tax sucks no matter what, but at least the Easter discount pretty much wiped that out, and I save on shipping if it's a smaller order.

Only problem I've ever had with any of their stuff was a single popped primer on a single 178 AMAX. Pretty sure it's a fluke as the rest of the stuff had no issues and showed no signs of anything improper. Unfortunately didn't get to shoot it through my chronograph, but it shot tighter than the 175SMK load of theirs that I usually shoot, and was a couple clicks flatter at both 300m and 554m. I'll be back. Hopefully Jenna will still be there!

Quick side note, I was up there to get Phoenix Custom Rifles to inlet a Badger EFR for me. Keith REALLY helped me out and was able to do it in just a couple hours, barely charged me for it, and did excellent work. I can't recommend PCR enough and will definitely be sending work to them. The SW guys also had very nice things to say about some work that Keith had done for them.

Last edited:
Called about a week ago to ask if they had a retail front as I'd be in Phoenix for a day and thought I'd swing by if I could and pick up some stuff. Jenna was very nice and had me call back when I was close so she could talk me in as they're a little bit around from where their address is located. As I pulled in she was definitely easy to spot (there's a very lucky guy out there somewhere) and she walked me over to where they had their stock. They had some bulk stuff on the shelves and I ended up buying some 300BLK, some 178 AMAX, and a couple boxes each of their 136 & 139 .260 loads. She explained they had just moved production to a larger place so they didn't have any of the machines set up in their office location any more.

Overall very nice experience, once of the guys invited me out to the AZ Precision Rifle somethingorother every 3rd Thursday so I may take him up on it next time I'm on a 'tween leg break. Guys in the office side were nice, interested in what I was picking up and very interested in making sure I was happy with the stuff I'd bought previously, and to make sure and give them a shout if I had any questions or issues with any of their stuff. Jenna even insisted on carrying the ammo I purchased to my car, all 20 boxes of it. I've always been happy with the product they provide, and I'll continue to use them in the future. The tax sucks no matter what, but at least the Easter discount pretty much wiped that out, and I save on shipping if it's a smaller order.

Only problem I've ever had with any of their stuff was a single popped primer on a single 178 AMAX. Pretty sure it's a fluke as the rest of the stuff had no issues and showed no signs of anything improper. Unfortunately didn't get to shoot it through my chronograph, but it shot tighter than the 175SMK load of theirs that I usually shoot, and was a couple clicks flatter at both 300m and 554m. I'll be back. Hopefully Jenna will still be there!

Quick side note, I was up there to get Phoenix Custom Rifles to inlet a Badger EFR for me. Keith REALLY helped me out and was able to do it in just a couple hours, barely charged me for it, and did excellent work. I can't recommend PCR enough and will definitely be sending work to them. The SW guys also had very nice things to say about some work that Keith had done for them.

Have to agree with you, both companies are great to work with.

Good morning,

I wanted to check on the status of Order #7574 Order Placed: 03/04/2014 at 09:03AM PST

** Finally got time to sit down at a phone and called**
Updated my order to conform with current brass supplies and was given a updated timeline of 2 weeks for shipment.

Very happy with the service. I'll be submitting more orders soon.

Last edited:
Just called about the 220 SMK group buy and told will ship in 2 weeks.

What brass are they loaded in?

Last edited:
Order 7631 300 win group buy .Any idea when there shipping ? Thanks

I'm also curious about the 300 win mag group buy. I feel like I've simply given my money away. I hope SW Ammo chimes in, this group buy is about 6 weeks behind schedule.

jenna was very nice and had me call back when i was close so she could talk me in as they're a little bit around from where their address is located. As i pulled in she was definitely easy to spot (there's a very lucky guy out there somewhere)

pitchers . . . .

Need pitchers of jenna . . .

Bmt