• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SW AMMO UPDATE THREAD

I purchased 200 rounds of 308, 175 SMKs from SWA over a year ago. Fired off 20 rounds resulting in split necks and shoulders in 3. They had me send ammo back to them for replacement. Every time I call to check (~20 times) they are very nice and helpful, but sad to say that is where it stops. Ammo has never been replaced (sent back 180 unfired rounds and 20 fired). I did not want to post up any negative comments, but am at a loss.

Order number 6910

Ordered on 2 Dec and arrived 5 Dec.

One box each of 136gr Lapua Scenar and 139 gr Lapua Scenar in 260 Rem. Rifle really liked the 139 grainers as group at 10 o'clock would indicate

Another four boxes ordered of 139 gr ammo ordered on 16 Jul and arrived 28 Jul. Timing not as good, but worth the wait.

Only downside is these folks are tough to get a hold of. Have a couple of e-mails in to them plus a PM off this forum and a voicemail over the past week but nothing yet. Expect the 308 Group buy has them busy.

Questions on their military discount and reloading services.

Last edited:
Order#: 8126 placed on 06/19/2014. Any updates?

Also, do you guys ever answer the phone or return voice messages?

Thanks,
Jon

Hi Zach,

What's the status of orders #7965 (order date 5-16-14) and #7897 (4-27-14) Thanks for the other orders!! I know you guys are super busy with other customers. Thanks agian, awesome reloads!!

Rudy

I have placed an order back in Feb. 23rd for a group buy of the .308 175 premium. I have been told over and over again that it would be shipping soon. Last week I actually got a hold of Jenna on the phone and she sent me a tracking number. Over a week later the tracking number says that a label was created, so still no shipment. I called yesterday and Jenna said she would call UPS and find out what happened and she would call me back. No call back yesterday, so I called and left a message asking for a status. My next call is to my CC company to get my money back. I think over 5 months is long enough.

Order 7503.

Sent an email telling them to cancel the order. Called my CC company for a refund. I even left two messages on Zach's cell phone but did not get a call back.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Jon

Ironically my order arrived today....however it's not complete. No note, nothing. Guess I'm supposed to hope it's coming since voice messages aren't returned?

I wouldn't normally write something like this, but now I'm starting to get worried. I've been a happy SWA customer in the past and understand there's some wait on what gets ordered. However, in the last two weeks when I've tried to call, no returned calls, and now the voice mail system has changed from a person talking (three days ago) to a computer telling me the voice mail box number.

I'm wondering if I'm ever going to see my order #7449 from 2/15/14 (5.56 77 SMK group buy). I'm almost at 6 months from order time (not unheard of, I understand) but with no emails or calls returned, lately. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's still coming, but any chance of an update?

Last edited:
Wish I would have seen this thread before ordering some .260 ammo last week. Kinda weird they started this thread yet don't respond?

I wouldn't normally write something like this, but now I'm starting to get worried. I've been a happy SWA customer in the past and understand there's some wait on what gets ordered. However, in the last two weeks when I've tried to call, no returned calls, and now the voice mail system has changed from a person talking (three days ago) to a computer telling me the voice mail box number.

I'm wondering if I'm ever going to see my order #7449 from 2/15/14 (5.56 77 SMK group buy). I'm almost at 6 months from order time (not unheard of, I understand) but with no emails or calls returned, lately. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's still coming, but any chance of an update?
Ammo is coming, I am personally boxing these right now.

Zach,
Any update on the 220 SMK 300 win mag group buy from January? Thanks in advance.

Ammo is coming, I am personally boxing these right now.

Thank you, sir. I greatly appreciate the reply.

I hope all is okay. It sounded like there were some issues a few weeks back, so hopefully things have been tracking positively.

I ordered 308 also back in Feb for the group buy, order number 7507 and still haven't received anything??? Also have tried calling and no answer?? Please update me on my order thanks.

Anyone have the number handy for these guys? Placed two orders one two months ago and I've sent then several online request for a call back. I'd like to talk to some to get a refund. Website says 3-5 days they should either update that or atleast have a number to call on their website

Anyone have the number handy for these guys? Placed two orders one two months ago and I've sent then several online request for a call back. I'd like to talk to some to get a refund. Website says 3-5 days they should either update that or atleast have a number to call on their website

The number is on the front page of their website, at the bottom. But you may want to go back and read the last few pages. Getting through right now doesn't seem to be a realistic option.

FWIW, 2 months isn't abnormal. I'm going on 6 months, which is starting to become troubling (still no shipping notice). Even when things were running smoother, a 3-4 month wait/lead time was normal. To me, it was worth it for the price and performance I was getting.

Hopefully things get a little more "regular," but lately, comms have gone to almost zero compared to before.

Ah I know my mistake I only look on the site with my phone and in mobile version you don't see a number

Zach

1-480-390-8121

I will return the call or mike will or Jenna.

Mike and I busting it to get it done, along with our 3 other employees.

We did retain 80k from our shitty business endeavor, I wont say who they are, but they did slow down the railroad when it was being built, not talking talking about the Indians to limit the blame.

Zach

Zach,
Any update on the 220 SMK 300 win mag group buy from January? Thanks in advance.

Me too. Order 7378. I know of the issue obtaining 220 SMK's from what they've said. I've been ok with it, but would like it in hand all the same. Would be happy with 210 SMK's if that would help it along.

Zach,
Kristen (I think) contacted me about a credit card that wasn't processed right 6-8 months ago and said I owed y'all some money. I called and left a couple messages, she called me back and left message. Never connected and I forgot about it. If I do in fact owe y'all some money let me know. You aren't receiving pms so had to post here.

Awesome customer service, thanks to Jenna and staff!!! Orders 7897/7965 & 8380 have shipped!!! Once agian, thanks to the staff at Southwest Ammo for cranking out those cartridges. I really appreciate it! You guys are super busy.....I'm looking forward to shipping my brass and projos to you guys in the near future and beyond.....

Thanks Zach

Semper Fidelis

-Rudy

Received shipment notification today!

Poison will add me to his fanboy list, but I have received my back orders Friday and going to stick with SWA as they work to get through their tough times.

Bump for info on the 300 win mag 220 SMK group buy...
Roddd, what is your order number, I have shipped the bottom half of these. Great news, 20k of the 220's will be here in days and will finish these off and have some to spare for new orders.

Thanks for the Support

Zach

Thanks,
Jon
Looks like I still owe you one box of ammo, will will have this by the end of next week

Order 8084 placed June 12th... Just following up.
We are running this particular caliber everyday, Hunting ammo is scheduled for this caliber Next Tuesday, your order should be out between Tuesday and Friday of next week.

Received shipment notification today!

Zach, I got my shipment notification, but 3 days later, UPS still has no record of my tracking number. I know that happens every once in a while, but figured I'd ask if there were any issues getting this out (#7449).

Zach, I got my shipment notification, but 3 days later, UPS still has no record of my tracking number. I know that happens every once in a while, but figured I'd ask if there were any issues getting this out (#7449).
This did ship, UPS has the worst service ever when dealing with their phone people.

Zach

Anymore 175SMK in SWA brass. That's all I've shot in my rifle so far and I'm on the road and was needing some more. Looking for a few hundred.

Anymore 175SMK in SWA brass. That's all I've shot in my rifle so far and I'm on the road and was needing some more. Looking for a few hundred.
We have 175's, we are getting caught up on them, probably 3 weeks to get you them in SWA brass.

Zach

Zach, my order number is 7353. That's great news about the shipment of all the 220s. Hope all is well.

Zach, any update or idea on a ship date for order number 7528 from 2/26? 175SMK in Lapua brass group buy.

I received several orders yesterday and got to say they look really nice. Time to go out and shoot!!! Just waiting on orders #7992 and #8210. Thanks again Zach!!

-R

Zach, any update or idea on a ship date for order number 7528 from 2/26? 175SMK in Lapua brass group buy.
My last bit of Lapua 308 brass arrives next Wednesday, Hope to have you out by the end of next week, maybe early week after.

Thanks Zach! This is the most comm I've seen from SW Ammo in quite some time. I'm taking it as a good sign.

Hi Zach, I've been waiting for an order since March of this year for 5 boxes of 300BLK, I got half of it. It's order 7596. I've been out of country and haven't chased you all summer, but I sort of would like the product...eventually...

Seems SWA is speeding up! I've got a bunch of once fired 308 brass (Sorted) and SMK's. If I were to send them in for your reloading service, is the 6-8 week time quoted on the site accurate?

Hi Zach, I've been waiting for an order since March of this year for 5 boxes of 300BLK, I got half of it. It's order 7596. I've been out of country and haven't chased you all summer, but I sort of would like the product...eventually...
Roger, I did get half my order of 220's today, I do believe your order will ship with this round, Look for a tracking number this week

We Did get some 220's today. I was expecting 20k of them, only got 10k. I should get another 10k by the end of the this week, middle of next week.

This week we will ship:

all 220 winmag group buys.
half of the 220 blackout group buys that are left
couple regular orders of 220 winmag
Lots of 175 308 orders and 308 sub orders
all 260 premium orders will be shipped
couple 77 556 orders, all 69 orders are shipped
All 338 orders will be shipped as of tomorrow

Just one man's opinion, but this communication goes a LONG WAY in helping me with my back orders. I can understand delays and vendors falling down as long as there is communication, please keep us informed as to shipping dates on group buys, etc. Look forward to receiving the ammo!