• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SW AMMO UPDATE THREAD

300 Win Mag group buy status':

190s are here and will begin shipping on 6 June. We're still waiting on 220SMKs, but we're hoping they arrive while we are producing the 190s and would ship soon after the 190 orders are filled.

Sorry for the significant delays. Thank you for sticking with us Hiders!

Hello everyone, Zach here, been letting others watch the forums lately. You will see me on here a bit more from now on, back to the basics after the last year dealing with stuff and loosing focus on my part.

We were doing good there for a little bit, got a little over excited to get someone interested in starting business with us, turns out, they were all talk. So we put ourselves in a little hole, we are filling it back in, we have had some help from friends and family to keep this ship afloat.

We are not going anywhere, we just regrouped and now ready to kick it back into overdrive and get you guys some awesome ammo.

There will be changes here, we will soon be offering less loaded ammo products and selling components. We are not stopping the loaded ammo stuff, I repeat we are not stopping on the loaded ammo, we are just going to stick with stuff we can for sure have a steady supply of products so we can load and stream line those products. We don't want to go back and forth with components, we just want awesome solid products to go out our doors and in your guns.

Thank you to everyone who has stuck with us, and sorry to those we have lost.

On a side note, I will ask Jenna if we can post her picture, she is very good looking. Her brother works for us, he is a fellow Marine and does not look anything like her, LOL.

Also, I have baby number 3 due anytime now. I can go back and see when I posted the first one on here a little over 3 years ago, time fly's.

Anyways, Thank you Hiders,

Zach

Last edited:
Zach, congratulations on the baby. Any word on when you'll be getting the 220 SMKs in? I'm assuming you're a large buyer and the supplier can give you a reasonable time frame to give to your customers.

Zach, congratulations on the baby. Any word on when you'll be getting the 220 SMKs in? I'm assuming you're a large buyer and the supplier can give you a reasonable time frame to give to your customers.
I was told in February they would arrive, and here we are months later. This business is hard, I do group buys for purchasing power for us, and savings for you guys. I am actually buying projectiles at a higher cost to start chipping at these group buys. I will accomplish the mission of getting these to you guys.

Thanks for all the help over the years guys,

Zach

Little update, We have decided to start buying 220SMK's from retailer to start shipping these 300Blkout and 300Winmag Group buys. Very sorry for the big delay, we really wanted to do this one right.

Jenna is updating out web site, so check it out when you get a chance. Its not done being updated, but she has started. New products being added daily, mostly components, but some bulk buy options are coming for loaded ammo.

http://www.southwestammunition.com/

Baby #3 for me is Due Friday, thanks for all the congrats from you guys. Mike has Baby number 4 due in September.

Thank you all for the support, we really do appreciate you guys over the years.

Zach

Last edited:
Forgot to mention, ammo is shipping daily, a Berger shipment is due anytime, and we are starting to load 45ACP again.

Any idea when the 308 175 SMK in Lapua brass group buy from Feb will ship? I also purchased the 308 subsonic group buy a month it so later?

I know Zach said they recently started buying projectiles at wholesale prices to satisfy their group but demands. I'm waiting on the 220 SMK 300 win mag group buy. So, hopefully soon. I hope SW Ammo makes it right.

We started buying projectiles at retail to cover these, we cant make you guys wait on my suppliers. We are chipping at the 220 win mag orders now.

We are rocking pretty good, check out the website, Jenna has done some organization changes and made it more informational.

Southwest Ammunition | Manufacturer of High Performance Ammunition

Any idea when you will start shipment of the 308 175 SMK in lapua brass from February? I see on your website you now have it listed as a "DEAL OF THE DAY" with the note usually ships in 2-3 weeks.

Deal of the day is in ssa brass, these will start to ship late next week. Since my projectile shipment hasn't arrived, I'm filling regular orders the same time as the group buys.

Group buys are usually contingent on shipment from suppliers, but since I can't get a good answer anymore from the supplier, I'm gonna just take the hit here. Group buys are good for both purchasing and selling parties because it allows for me to buy the better price quantities. I can sell a portion at a discounted price and have some product left over for inventory for regular sales.

Believe me when I say, I want to find ways for this sport to be economical for everyone so more people can do it, and more people can enjoy it without hurting financially.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby number 3 is here, thanks everyone for the congrats.

We have hunting ammo for a few calibers, check it out at southwestammunition.com

Thanks for the support over the years, and thanks for letting the little guys get a chance at your business. I know we are slow on the shipping a lot of the times, but we do deliver and we stand by out product.

Thank you,

Zach

We lowered the price on some ammo, check it out. We are selling off some of out 308 brass at a great price, check it out on out website

Zach

Lowered the prices on some more ammo, check us out. we are shipping slow, but we will get it out. We will not sacrifice quantity over quality anymore. back to the basics for us. We tried to go big, just bit us in the ass.

Loaded Ammunition

Thanks for the support,

Zach

Lowered the prices on some more ammo, check us out. we are shipping slow, but we will get it out. We will not sacrifice quantity over quality anymore. back to the basics for us. We tried to go big, just bit us in the ass.

Loaded Ammunition

Thanks for the support,

Zach

Can you guys get the .224 77gr tipped sierra matchking that blackhills has? I'd like to see a 223 load with this, they're advertising it takes the BC up to the level of the 80's.

Blackhills only makes it in their 5.56

Something I will look into, not to educated on that projectile, but I will be soon

zach

Something I will look into, not to educated on that projectile, but I will be soon

zach

I'm with you, couldn't even find it on the sierra site, that's why I was kind of wondering if it was made specifically for Black Hills. I like the idea of the tip, not specifically for the BC, but because I like to shoot yotes and that tip may just help to ensure these smk's open up. Additional BC in the 77 while still having a round that can be mag fed in everything would be icing on the hot nude Swedish twins.

Looks like those are only available to Blackhills, but probably within the year they will be available for everyone else. Sierra will help design and manufacture projectiles for companies as long as they do a minimum order and can maintain that quota they set. For example the dtac, that is made by Sierra but only distributed through superior shooting systems.

We will keep an eye out for when that projectile comes available

Zach

We now have flat rate shipping. cant seem to sinc our negotiated rates with our web store, so we just made it easy and now have flat rate shipping. 20lbs or less, $8.99, 21 to 40, 17.98, ect...

We also recently lowered the prices on a lot of our products, come check it out.

https://www.southwestammunition.com/

Shipping all 190 group buys in 300 winmag on Monday(6/23/2014)

Shipping when I can get them here from numerous retailers, 220 winmag and 300blk orders.

Premium 308 GB's will start shipping next Thursday.

Thanks all for the patience and support,

Zach

What's the estimated time that orders are shipping in if the items are currently showing as in stock on the site?

Depends on the product, some items can take 5 weeks. Mike, myself and two loaders have been out of commission for a bit. Mike and I are back in the mix on the loading tables. We are working hard to clear back orders, group buys and new orders.

I was specifically looking at the 5.56 77gr SMK reman load. I know it says 1-2 weeks on the site, but I know that's not always the most accurate. ;)

I'd love to give them a shot through my Larue rifle and see how they perform compared to my reloads.

I was specifically looking at the 5.56 77gr SMK reman load. I know it says 1-2 weeks on the site, but I know that's not always the most accurate. ;)

I'd love to give them a shot through my Larue rifle and see how they perform compared to my reloads.

I would put the reman up against BlackHills new and probably be as good at the least.

Good day Hiders,

Ammo is rolling daily, we are focusing very hard on getting these orders out. This has not been our best week shipping, but it has been a good one.

Group buys are starting to roll, we are spending the evenings working on reload orders. We are gonna let one of our guys process brass from home for a few week so he can spend time with his new baby. This also allows the us to focus on those long standing reload orders.

Thanks again for the patience, we deeply are appreciative.

Zach

That's great! I'm looking forward to those .260 136gr scenar L reloads myself and my friend are both waiting for. We each send in our 250-300 cases at same time. While neither of us are out of ammo and are still shooting, it's always nice to receive reinforcements in the mail.

Next, I'll send some in for .260 123 Scenars. Those two both shoot great in my rifle!

That's great! I'm looking forward to those .260 136gr scenar L reloads myself and my friend are both waiting for. We each send in our 250-300 cases at same time. While neither of us are out of ammo and are still shooting, it's always nice to receive reinforcements in the mail.

Next, I'll send some in for .260 123 Scenars. Those two both shoot great in my rifle!

Ill admit, Ive had my head up my a##. I have pulled it out, marching on.

Zach

Hey! Don't be so hard on yourself. I wasn't griping at all. I like your products and am willing to order ahead of time and wait as needed.

Just keep at it and don't let the tough times get you down if at all possible. Carry on.

Soooo I spoke to Jenna over the phone I think when I ordered my 5.56 subs....where's that picture? LOL

Soooo I spoke to Jenna over the phone I think when I ordered my 5.56 subs....where's that picture? LOL
She is being shy with the picture idea, I have to respect her wishes but, I can tell you, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Any word on the rest of my order for 6935 and 7611. About 20 boxes of 175s and lapua brass still to be shipped.
We are working right now on 175 premiums. Look for a ship notice around Thursday of this week,up to Tuesday of next.

The guys loading, are doing a great job here.

Hi Zack,
When do you think that you will be offering .260 ammo loaded in SSA cases again? Or are they all gone? The premium stuff is too rich for me and I've got all SSA cases, so don't really want to throw Lapua into the mix.

While I'm at it, are you guys reloading the .260 stuff this week? :) :)

Hi Zack,
When do you think that you will be offering .260 ammo loaded in SSA cases again? Or are they all gone? The premium stuff is too rich for me and I've got all SSA cases, so don't really want to throw Lapua into the mix.

While I'm at it, are you guys reloading the .260 stuff this week? :) :)
The SSA stuff will no longer be an option. SSA sold to Nosler, Nosler is focused on their ammo and a couple bigger companies they supply brass to.

We are trying to more streamline our ammo and not be components whores anymore. We are trying to find other options for 260, but right now, Lapua is our only option. with that, once we can get our heads above water. The Lapua stuff will be economical with the reloading service once we get that debockle figured out.

Well, I have plenty of the SSA, so I'll just have to send it in more often, because I do not want to run out.

Bump for an update from Zach. Hopefully all is well with the kiddo.
I have a 220 package dropping here on Thursday it looks like, That will ship 2000 of the winmag orders and 2000 of the blkout orders.