• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SW M&P 15 OR Not Feeding

calawey

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2010
The Heartland
I've got a SW M&P 15 .223 that is frequently not completing a full cycle. Once a round is fired, it won't load the next round. The mag springs are good and there's no mag interference. Was shooting with an ATF buddy over the weekend and he mentioned that several agencies are having problems with the gas tube not being big enough.

Anyone have any ideas, or know what might be holding this baby back?

Re: SW M&P 15 OR Not Feeding

sounds simple enough. thanks for the info. planning to get out again this weekend and will let all know how the switch goes.

If it wont run on NATO spec ammo then I would look into other things.

First thing to look at is the buffer.

I've got an M&P OR carbine.
I've never had any problems with it, i function checked it with monarch steel cased ammo, it fed just fine and that ammo is very underpowered.

A good detailed cleaning and lubrcation of the BCG would be my first recommendation.

After that, check the buffer and spring.

I do not know what your cleaning habits are concerning firearms, but keep in mind the Direct Gas Impingement is a self dirtying feature.
Being a current LEO and a retired military small arms instructor, I am not surprised that agencies are reporting problems. My own agency refuses to believe me that AR's require regular cleaning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My own agency refuses to believe me that AR's require regular cleaning. </div></div>
^^^^^^^^
LOL

And gastube not large enough? What?!?!?