• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SWEET!!! Just scored a MATEN KeyMod Upper/Lower Set from Rainier Arms!

Vette447

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2009
Oklahoma
I just happened to be sitting at the computer when the "In Stock" email came from Rainier Arms and could barely hit the Add to Cart and Checkout buttons fast enough. I am pretty stoked! Anyone have new pics of their MATEN Keymod builds that they would like to show off to wet my appetite?

Now, what to build??? Maybe a 7mm-08 Hunting Rig? :)

Sorry for the somewhat silly post. I just had to share my excitement with the some guys that would understand....

I am currently waiting on a GAP-10 in .260 or that would be at the top for sure. I have a few .308 rifles so I am probably covered there.

Is there anyone making lightweight precision carbon fiber barrels similar to the Christensen Arms CA-10 rifle? If I were to think about some sort of hunting rig, I would like see if I can go as lightweight as possible. Mega advertises the KeyMod set as being a lightweight option. I hope that is true.

I did a MATEN build in 6XC last summer. It worked out very well.

FYI, I would only celebrate until after they ship it. I ordered the same thing a month ago and they called me back that they oversold and put it on backorder (and charged my card). I hope you have better luck than me.

FYI, I would only celebrate until after they ship it. I ordered the same thing a month ago and they called me back that they oversold and put it on backorder (and charged my card). I hope you have better luck than me.

Crap! Hopefully that is not the case on this one. I kinda wondered about what would happen if there were several of us in the checkout at the same time. I know as soon as I got my order confirmation, I went back to the page on their website and they were no longer in stock.

Last edited:
I got stuck in limbo with them being oversold. Within a week though I was taken care. Had them do the upper for me and its now shipping to my location. Will post pics once its complete.

I agree... 260 rem..... I sure wish the Mega monolithic uppers were still available.... I have one maten monolithic set in the NiB and a Monolithic ar15 set I actually got bare(I was told by mega that they never sell them bare aluminum but since I had waited so long they sent it to me but to never ask again as it wouldn't happen) and I had it cerakoted in foliage green... I was happy about this because cerakote adheres better to bare aluminum than anodized aluminum according to NIC, I don't think the same holds true for steel. I haven't seen any other upper/lower sets that are better quality.... If I can't find another maten monolithic set I'll be trying this one out too for a 260 build or possibly a 338 build... Let use know how you like it

Last edited:
I hate you! I got to the computer at work just in time for it to be sold out. Back to waiting on my backorder that's never going to come in. A MATEN ambi lower and a BCG is all I need right now.

Well, I just my shipping notification so I guess it is "game on" for a new build. ;)

Does anyone have any experieince with Proof Research carbon fiber wrapped barrels for large frame ARs? Are they accurate barrels? Does the CF save quite a bit on weight?

Congrats! I have a Mega MATEN upper/lower set, but I ordered the lower from Dwayne at Stonefire Arms.

If anyone's looking for Mega MATEN parts, I know they recently had lowers, uppers and sets of MATENs in stock...looks like they're out now, but add yourself to their notification list.