• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lol...asshole. </div></div>
Now,that's funny...lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I should probably also mention that I am kidding and that this is a photo I stole from Jon's thread. I even changed the date thinking I might freak at least a few people out. I don't have one but it would be cooler if I did. Hope no one's chin wrinkled up just now </div></div>

Nice. You got me for a good 5 minutes.
smile.gif

I HATE THE FINE PRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
laugh.gif
hahaha nice one. When I read it last night it actually got me hehe.

Aron-

Should have tried to really put it off with no admissions for awhile. Someone surely would have recognized the photo (I did) and called you out.

Now that is a genius prank, love it!!!! Can't believe I didn't think of it LoL!!!
First thing I thought was "Oh SHIT, do I have enough to cover it in my special account I'm using for it?" but then realized that, "hey I would have gotten mine too because I ordered 40 minutes after 5000 coupon code activated". Good one...
smile.gif

Edit: just noticed the date you added to the pic, 6/29/2012 4:30pm, LoL!!!

Haha. Hell,figured I would break up the wait with a messed up joke but I didn't want to wait too long before let everybody know I was joking. Didn't want to get an internet lynch mob stirred up

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I should probably also mention that I am kidding and that this is a photo I stole from Jon's thread.</div></div>

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Ya got me. Such cruelty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my SWFA 1-6 yesterday. Already sighted in and tested out to 300 with a review soon to follow. So far it's f'n awesome.

SWFA1-6-1.jpg

Mounted up nice in an old Bobro I had. The low/slightly forward. The FFP killer donut reticle is the chit.

I should probably also mention that I am kidding and that this is a photo I stole from Jon's thread. I even changed the date thinking I might freak at least a few people out. I don't have one but it would be cooler if I did. Hope no one's chin wrinkled up just now </div></div>

That's too funny! You definitely should've let it ride until someone called BS.....
laugh.gif

Well just passed the 30 day mark for the 5-20 order, not even holding my breath for the 1-6 yet. Anyone know if they still trickling out the 5-20's or are they in full sold out backorder?

They have been on backorder for some time. At least two weeks iirc. Could have been longer than that.

My guess is it'll be awhile before they get new 5-20s in considering I'm almost at month 4 of waiting for my 5-20 illum.

While we're passing the time, anyone have any mount recommendations for the 1-6? Is the bobro worth it?

I'm in for two, one for an AR, one for an M14. Hope they're as good as I expect.

Yes bobro is worth it. Personally I've found them superior to larue or adm.

Of course there is gdi but it's pricy.

I prefer larue honestly. I have the bobro from the other group buy and it was a pain in the ass to mount the scope in. the screws are on the bottom so you can barely get the wrench in to tighten it up. it was by far one of the most annoying mounts to me. it is solid and holds well but I would take my larue's any day of the week. to each their own though.

Kind of felt the same about the Bobro. Supposed to be coming out with a newer version with the nuts on the top or sides. Might try another one when they do. I have an ADM and recently sold a Larue and a Bobro. Wouldn't mind trying a GDI either but even at the group buy price it was more than I could swing ay the time.

LonewolfUSMC has done some rtz tests on a few of the QD mounts and from what I have seen so far the Bobro did the best.

Torquing the nuts on the bottom of the Bobro is easy provided you have a short straight section cut off an allen key and the appropriate sized crows foot for your torque wrench.

I prefer the Bobro clamp system to the Larue but it's a little bit of a pain up front mounting your optic in the Bobro because of the hidden nuts. Luckily that's typically not something you're doing 2-3 times a week.

Bobro now has a new style of mount that has the nuts on the top side for easy wrench access.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of felt the same about the Bobro. Supposed to be coming out with a newer version with the nuts on the top or sides.</div></div>

I have one of the new heavy duty Bobro mounts with the dual levers and the nuts are indeed on top. It's designed for heavy recoil like the .50BMG and .338LM rifles. Unfortunately I don't have a .50 to test it on, but I am working on ammo for the .338LM.

Not to digress, but It has been 1+ month since I ordered the package and no 1-6 in sight even though my CC was charged. Swfa can't give me an eta even after repeated inquiries.
what up, swfa?.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No SS 1-6 for redirt! </div></div>Haha, uh oh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tube snake boogie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to digress, but It has been 1+ month since I ordered the package and no 1-6 in sight even though my CC was charged. Swfa can't give me an eta even after repeated inquiries.
what up, swfa?. </div></div>

Hasn't this been addressed multiple times already in this thread?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess is it'll be awhile before they get new 5-20s in considering I'm almost at month 4 of waiting for my 5-20 illum.</div></div>

Sent you a PM.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tube snake boogie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to digress, but It has been 1+ month since I ordered the package and no 1-6 in sight even though my CC was charged. Swfa can't give me an eta even after repeated inquiries.

Hasn't this been addressed multiple times already in this thread? </div></div>

This is one of my biggest gripes about any of my SWFA purchases. You have no idea as to what the inventory count is. I purchased a set of SWFA SS 30mm rings and figured those would probably be in stock. Nope. Been waiting a month on those, and I dont think they were part of any group buy.

For items they know aren't in stock, such as the 1-6's or the 5-20/1-6 combo's, a whole lot of frustration could be eliminated with a CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION - ETA JULY '12 SHIP DATE message right next to the order button. 99% of us would all still order, and 100% of the customers would know the scoop, without having to dig around for info.

Truth. Twice I ordered something from SWFA, with no indication of 'out of stock/backorder' status until after my card has been charged. I then need to wait for a refund before buying from somewhere else with the item in stock. they seem like nice enough guys, and didn't rip me off or anything, I've just never been able to complete a transaction with them where I knew an item was out of stock before I put it in my cart. Website is behind the times. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tube snake boogie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not to digress, but It has been 1+ month since I ordered the package and no 1-6 in sight even though my CC was charged. Swfa can't give me an eta even after repeated inquiries.

Hasn't this been addressed multiple times already in this thread? </div></div>

This is one of my biggest gripes about any of my SWFA purchases. You have no idea as to what the inventory count is. I purchased a set of SWFA SS 30mm rings and figured those would probably be in stock. Nope. Been waiting a month on those, and I dont think they were part of any group buy.

For items they know aren't in stock, such as the 1-6's or the 5-20/1-6 combo's, a whole lot of frustration could be eliminated with a CURRENTLY IN PRODUCTION - ETA JULY '12 SHIP DATE message right next to the order button. 99% of us would all still order, and 100% of the customers would know the scoop, without having to dig around for info.
</div></div>

After using my SS 5-20 for a few weeks now, I can report that it's working flawlessly. Tracks true, glass is the best I've personally ever had the pleasure of viewing through, and the best part is that after resetting my turrets to my zero, the lines all still line up..... Don't know if I just got lucky resetting the turret caps, or if SWFA addressed the problem.

Can't find a down side at all to this scope.

Dang, I just ran across this thread and was jacked up to order RIGHT NOW....and find that the code is expired. UGH.

Do they offer ANY kind of discounts for members or anything?

I don't believe that there are any more discount codes going right now.

Usually SWFA puts out a code or deal when they launch a new scope and sometimes around the holidays. You can't bet on it though. Only SWFA knows when and/or why they'll put up a code.

Just stick around here awhile and You can find SS scope in the Optics for sale section or keep an eye out over on SWFA's Sample list.

Welcome to S.H. by the way!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just got a UPS tracking notice 5 minutes ago that had me excited, until I realized that they were probably just sending the card out separately. I'll be amused if a big box shows up with just a paper card in it. </div></div>

Here's what showed up today.
photo_card.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Just got a UPS tracking notice 5 minutes ago that had me excited, until I realized that they were probably just sending the card out separately. I'll be amused if a big box shows up with just a paper card in it. </div></div>

photo_card.jpg

Damn that's a heap of packaging for that card, such a waste of resources. That's all that's in there?

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Helter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

photo_card.jpg

</div></div>Damn that's a heap of packaging for that card, such a waste of resources. That's all that's in there? </div></div>

Yep! The shipping tag said 1 pound!

They certainly do go the extra mile for their customers.

Damn! That's a waste. They should have simply sent in an envelope instead. I guess it's either a noob employee in training, or that card must be worth a fortune, or money to burn is no issue from SWFA.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn! That's a waste. They should have simply sent in an envelope instead. I guess it's either a noob employee in training, or that card must be worth a fortune, or money to burn is no issue from SWFA.
grin.gif
</div></div>

I asked them to just ship it with the 2nd scope... I was ok with waiting.

I really don't know why SWFA just doesn't give an update on when the 1-6 will be released? I have one on order with a bobro mount and don't mind waiting but would like a good guess from SWFA about when it might be shipped. I just don't see what that would hurt and would make the wait a little more tolerable. Anyone else feel this way?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i29gman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't know why SWFA just doesn't give an update on when the 1-6 will be released? I have one on order with a bobro mount and don't mind waiting but would like a good guess from SWFA about when it might be shipped. I just don't see what that would hurt and would make the wait a little more tolerable. Anyone else feel this way? </div></div>

It would be nice, But I can see why they wouldn't want to disappoint people if they got delayed.

They may get delivered in time for Christmas. And then, they may not. Remember you pre-ordered the 1-6x. There havent been any production scopes delivered yet.

Maybe they just don't have a clue when 1-6 comes in? They being built in Japan. Same co. builds for other brands. There be a log jam maybe? But SWFA dude did tell me very soon.

For what it's worth, emailed swfa today to see if I would be getting either scope in time for a precision rifle match July 29th and their response on the 5-20 non illum is no on the 5-20 won't get the scope in time
tired.gif
emailed them back asking if that includes the 1-6 as well. The reply was that they have no idea when they are coming in, it could be tomorrow it could be next month. So looks like I am shooting a precision rifle match with an aim point 4moa t1
crazy.gif

Gotta love the aim point
smile.gif

So they don't have a fucking clue!!!! Doh.......

I think its more of if they don't tell they have a few people that are upset, if they do and they don't meet that date a whole lot more people would be upset. So they are going with being vague and not commiting to a date they can't gaurantee.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe they just don't have a clue when 1-6 comes in? They being built in Japan. Same co. builds for other brands. There be a log jam maybe? But SWFA dude did tell me very soon. </div></div>

I think I read somewhere, maybe in this very thread, that the scopes are built and shipped, but waiting on customs clearance. If that's the case, they really have no control or idea how long the gov will take to clear them, but as soon as they get cleared, they can be shipped to customers very soon after.

If anyone remembers the Vortex PST SNAFU, you can better understand the situation. Yes, unknown waiting times suck, but I'm sure SWFA saw what happened with Vortex and they don't plan on going down that road. The 1-6 will ship when they ship and I'm betting they'll be right the first time. If they are anything like the 3-9 and 5-20 I have, and I'm sure it will be, the 1-6 will be a hell of a good scope.

Let's not forget that with the 10000 code we are saving over $700.00. For that savings and a great new scope coming out, I'll wait and just be damn happy when it does arrive.

I really don't think they have a clue. Their supplier is probably having trouble.

They're still back ordered on the 5-20 illum.

I sent mine in for warranty work 4 months ago. I was told they expected my replacement early June. My guess is, when they moved factories in Japan, it screwed up the operation and it took time to get them up and running properly again.

So 5-20 illums were already back ordered, the 5-20 non illum just went into back order mode 2-3 weeks ago, so my guess is, we won't be seeing them for months still since the illums are at the head of the line and they're nowhere to be found.

I doubt their supplier is having trouble with anything except keeping up with demand. Scopes are selling like firearms. Good scopes are selling fast too. SWFA is a online retailer and having a branded line with low volume is not generally a high priority for manufacturers.

Everybody will be happy when they get here and you will forget that you had to wait 9 months to get a product that you preordered and hasnt even been produced yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my SWFA 1-6 yesterday. Already sighted in and tested out to 300 with a review soon to follow. So far it's f'n awesome.

SWFA1-6-1.jpg

Mounted up nice in an old Bobro I had. The low/slightly forward. The FFP killer donut reticle is the chit.

I had not checked this thread for a while. I came hoping to hear some ship date and you totally had me fooled for a minute here. Luckily I read the whole post and kept reading the comments below it. Good one, hahaha

Oh, I bought this combo as my first SWFA scope and have received the 5-20 already. Wow, is this thing clear. I'm definitely a happy I pulled the trigger on this one
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess is, when they moved factories in Japan, it screwed up the operation and it took time to get them up and running properly again. </div></div>
There must be some misunderstanding here. They didn't move factories or anything of the sort. The scopes are being made right where they've always been made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess is, when they moved factories in Japan, it screwed up the operation and it took time to get them up and running properly again. </div></div>
There must be some misunderstanding here. They didn't move factories or anything of the sort. The scopes are being made right where they've always been made.</div></div>

How odd... I was told by customer service during a phone call that the reason why I'm still without a scope after sending mine in for repair 4 months ago was that the operation was moved to a new plant.