• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi SWFA,

Right now you are offering 5-20X non-illuminated and 1-6X at 31% off (1587/2300 = 69%). Can you do a group buy on the 5-20X illuminated and 1-6X? If you can also offer 31% off for both, there will be a lot of buyers.

Thank you.

Kevin </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Kevin, I saw this yesterday in another thread.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RDW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could it be possible to pay the difference between the non-illum and the illuminated version of the 5-20 and get it in the package deal instead? </div></div>

While this sounds easy it really is not but we can accomodate you if you PM us with your order details. </div></div>

Yes, sir. I saw it too.
Just trying to gather interest for another group buy.

I'm in for the 10,000 combo. Woohoo! Thanks SWFA!

Without getting into all the boring details in regards to limitations with coupon codes, software, credit card authorizations vs deposits, multiple skus under one coupon code as a single sku kit, etc., etc.

<span style="font-weight: bold">An overwhelming majority want the 5-20x shipped ahead so we going to ship all of them ahead.</span>

We are receiving the orders with the single sku (kit) and manually breaking them into two skus on the order so that we can ship one part of the kit ahead. In order to do this we will charge you the full regular price on the 5-20x now and when the 1-6x ships later it will reflect the entire kit discount off its normal price.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, sir. I saw it too.
Just trying to gather interest for another group buy. </div></div>

We are out of illuminated 5-20's with an ETA of next month.

We do not currently have any plans for additional group buys or promotions. We typically only do them to launch a new product, so you most likely will not see another until we have a new product about to hit the market.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without getting into all the boring details in regards to limitations with coupon codes, software, credit card authorizations vs deposits, multiple skus under one coupon code as a single sku kit, etc., etc.

<span style="font-weight: bold">An overwhelming majority want the 5-20x shipped ahead so we going to ship all of them ahead.</span>

We are receiving the orders with the single sku (kit) and manually breaking them into two skus on the order so that we can ship one part of the kit ahead. In order to do this we will charge you the full regular price on the 5-20x now and when the 1-6x ships later it will reflect the entire kit discount off its normal price.
</div></div>

This works for me! Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kevin LA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, sir. I saw it too.
Just trying to gather interest for another group buy. </div></div>

We are out of illuminated 5-20's with an ETA of next month.

We do not currently have any plans for additional group buys or promotions. We typically only do them to launch a new product, so you most likely will not see another until we have a new product about to hit the market. </div></div>

Fair enough.

Just got a ship notice for my 5-20!

SWFA thanks for doing this!!!!!!!!!!

Just put the order in for my 3rd 5-20 and the nice 1-6.

Aron-

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: winxp_man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA thanks for doing this!!!!!!!!!!

Just put the order in for my 3rd 5-20 and the nice 1-6.

Aron- </div></div>

This will make my 4th!!! I don't even "need" the 1-6 but heck I really don'tneed any!!! At these prices you will REALLY be sick if you let it slip away!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without getting into all the boring details in regards to limitations with coupon codes, software, credit card authorizations vs deposits, multiple skus under one coupon code as a single sku kit, etc., etc.

</div></div>

That doesn't seem right to me, but too late now.

Can we NOT have the 5-20 shipped in advance? I'd rather wait for my scopes to come together and get charged when they both ship.
laugh.gif

I'd pick up the phone and call them and I'm sure they would work something out for you.

This is a great deal I just wish I could look through one of the 5x20s before I committed to buy the package.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without getting into all the boring details in regards to limitations with coupon codes, software, credit card authorizations vs deposits, multiple skus under one coupon code as a single sku kit, etc., etc.

</div></div>

That doesn't seem right to me, but too late now. </div></div>

There's gonna be some mad ppl who charged this and are going to be paying interest on a product they don't have in their hands.

I didn't realize all the SS 1-6 HD's weren't even ready yet. I thought they were just temporarily out of stock or something. I guess my confusion was because the website never indicated anything being out of stock. What kind of time frame are we looking at on those 1-6's?

I'm kind of surprised the promotion ran prior to the product being in stock. That's a bit like having black friday and giving rain checks. lol.

Ah well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

There's gonna be some mad ppl who charged this and are going to be paying interest on a product they don't have in their hands.

I didn't realize all the SS 1-6 HD's weren't even ready yet. I thought they were just temporarily out of stock or something. I guess my confusion was because the website never indicated anything being out of stock. What kind of time frame are we looking at on those 1-6's?

I'm kind of surprised the promotion ran prior to the product being in stock. That's a bit like having black friday and giving rain checks. lol.

Ah well. </div></div>

I guess you didn't see on their site, "coming soon, accepting pre orders" I thought it was pretty obvious that a major part of the group buy was to drum up interest for the new product launch...

Plus they aren't charging your card until it's almost ready to ship. From reading the above they are just be charging the normal price for the 5-20 if you ordered the package and then the remainder is billed later prior to shipping of the 1-6.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryan327</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Ah well. </div></div>

I guess you didn't see on their site, "coming soon, accepting pre orders" I thought it was pretty obvious that a major part of the group buy was to drum up interest for the new product launch... </div></div>

I Absolutely did NOT see that text. In fact, on this page which I ordered from:
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-HD-1-6x24-5-20x50-Tactical-Rifle-Scopes-P56681.aspx

I did not see anything at all indicating back order, currently in build, pre-order, out of stock, etc.

My expectation from that page is that the items are 100% in stock and will ship immediately upon receiving my payment.

I'm just chatting openly, so I'm not mad or anything. And I obviously know the 1-6 is not in stock - but not everyone hit the promo from this site. That campaign went viral.

The page does say "For Facebook "Like" promotion"

The promotion wasn't available to anyone who wandered to the SWFA website, it was meant for users of snipershide through facebook, people who had been following the promotion as it climbed up to 10k likes. For everyone who had been following the promotion and been part of it, this was common knowledge, the 1-6x24 is not available yet.

Though you can find the combo item on their website you can only get the 10000 code from viewing this thread or Facebook, it would have also helped on your part to read through it prior to using that code and purchasing.

Thank you SWFA

I went ahead and ordered
smile.gif
I was going to wait a few more days until I paid a few bills, but it's all goin on the CC for now anyway so I figured why wait. As I understand it, the 5-20 will ship first so I'm excited for that to get here
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 0V3RC10CK3D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The page does say "For Facebook "Like" promotion"

The promotion wasn't available to anyone who wandered to the SWFA website, it was meant for users of snipershide through facebook, people who had been following the promotion as it climbed up to 10k likes. For everyone who had been following the promotion and been part of it, this was common knowledge, the 1-6x24 is not available yet.

Though you can find the combo item on their website you can only get the 10000 code from viewing this thread or Facebook, it would have also helped on your part to read through it prior to using that code and purchasing.

Thank you SWFA
</div></div>
I do not think its a big deal to indicate somewhere in the order process or (preferably) even on the actual product page that the product isn't available and that the ETA is XX/XX/XXXX.

You know..., I'd probably also include some verbiage that additional emails will follow should the ETA date change, and that all orders will not actually be billed until either: the product ships, a portion of the product ships, or that XX will be billed when X portion ships.

Its an easy fix and this isn't really a big deal.

If you think SFWA is bad, and I do not, dont ever try and deal with OpticsPlanet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I do not think its a big deal to indicate somewhere in the order process or (preferably) even on the actual product page that the product isn't available and that the ETA is XX/XX/XXXX.

You know..., I'd probably also include some verbiage that additional emails will follow should the ETA date change, and that all orders will not actually be billed until either: the product ships, a portion of the product ships, or that XX will be billed when X portion ships.

Its an easy fix and this isn't really a big deal. </div></div>

There is no ETA thats why you haven't seen one, they've said numerous times they don't know exactly when they will arrive from the factory and they're currently getting them through US Customs, the best effort ETA they've given is "summer" and it's been said over and over.

And I agree this isn't really a bit deal, you're the customer SWFA is losing over it.

Anybody want to go in together and split coupon code 10,000? I really want the 1-6, and was planning on using the 1-6 code, but I had a pretty bad wreck last week and it kind of messed up my plans. The extra month to get funds together would be MUCH appreciated.

Just got confirmation today that SWFA shipped my 5-20. I didn't NEED another scope, let alone two right now but it was too good of a deal to pass up...

I have never had anything better than a Nikon or Leupold - and they seem pretty good to me. Are these scopes worth the extra money? Why???

Is there anywhere in SE Michigan where I can see them?

$1700 is not chump change but it is not a deal breaker either. I plan to use the 5-20 for a .308 or .300 Mag long range rifle I have and the 1-6 will go on an AR15. I have an EoTech on one AR but it is not adequate for longer ranges (400-600 yards). I would put the EoTech on my girlfriends AR as she is not good enough to engage past 250 yards and the lighter sight is an advantage for her (120 lbs soaking wet).

Just got my shipping notification too. Estimated delivery 5/29.
I mostly got this for the 1-6, but if I like the 5-20 better than my current mil-dot 6-24...
I guess one way or another, I'll have an optic for sale soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dfwm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have never had anything better than a Nikon or Leupold - and they seem pretty good to me. Are these scopes worth the extra money? Why???

Is there anywhere in SE Michigan where I can see them?

$1700 is not chump change but it is not a deal breaker either. I plan to use the 5-20 for a .308 or .300 Mag long range rifle I have and the 1-6 will go on an AR15. I have an EoTech on one AR but it is not adequate for longer ranges (400-600 yards). I would put the EoTech on my girlfriends AR as she is not good enough to engage past 250 yards and the lighter sight is an advantage for her (120 lbs soaking wet).

</div></div>

I am located in SE michigan - macomb county. Depending upon where you're located, you're welcome to check out my scope if it gets here before the sale ends. Granted, you'd only be able to see the 5-20.

I actually have a Burris Tac30 that the SS 1-6 is replacing. I have my TAC30 on my LAR-8 (.308 AR platform) and I wanted a bit more magnification. The SS 1-6 has its work cut out for it, because that burris has been rock solid for me, but from the sounds of it, the 1-6 SSHD is up to the task.

My 5-20 supposedly shipped out on Wednesday but my wife called to let me know it showed up today. Dang work has me in Cleveland but I'll have it to play with when I get home tomorrow. Now just waiting on the 1-6...

Still hard to believe these are all pics through the same scope.

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">1X up close</span>
PICT0398.JPG

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">100 yards @ 6x</span>
PICT0407.JPG

PICT0406.JPG

<span style="font-family: 'Arial Black'">300 yards @ 6x</span>
PICT0414.JPG

Been digging through my stuff to see what I can sell to help get me a 1-6. Just can't talk myself out of one...

I jumped on this deal - too good to pass up.

Just a FYI - watch your SWFA account and order. I ordered online May 23rd. My SS 5-20 did not automatically ship. I had to call today and inquire about splitting the order up as SWFA stated they would do. I was told that they are alloting X number of SS 5-20's to ship each day. There must be pretty good demand on these things as mine won't ship out until Tuesday, May 29th - today's allotment is full and they are closed Monday for the holiday.

I didn't pay attention to the deadline for the coupon for the regular ss 5-20x50, and missed it.

If anyone is ordering this combo for the 1-6 and you want to sell the 5-20 please PM me with your price.

Thank you

Thanks for this deal SWFA!

They ended up splitting my shipment and I already got my 5-20X. Took it out and sighted it in today, all I needed to do was move it 1Mil to the left and it was ready to rock.

Can't wait for the 1-6X

well, mine is on a truck for delivery tonight. I doubt i'll be able to get the the range for a week or two to sight this thing in, though. :-(

I'm partnering up with someone to split the 10k deal. Thanks for the sweet deal SWFA!

My 5-20 just came in today. It's very nice! I got excited and forgot to order some caps for it. Still gotta figure out what mount to order too.

Mine just arrived today...very excited about opening up that box.

In other news...my wife has now been conditioned/exposed to react to the "SWFA" packing tape on the box. This may force me to employ subterfuge in my mission to get to the basement.

Mine came in today, what a pleasant surprise. Not sure how the wife is taking it she hasn't spoken to me since it came.. oh well.. haha.

Hah! I was lucky. Wife was still working when mine came in.

Got it today. Wife said, "What's in that box that came?" I said a scope. She said, "Oh." I quickly changed the subject before I got the dreaded, "How much does a scope cost?" question.

All in all a major success. Now I just have to figure out what to say when the 1-6 comes. 100% chance she says, "Didn't you just get a scope? Why do you need two?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad-Andy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hah! I was lucky. Wife was still working when mine came in.
</div></div>

Yeah I ordered the 1-6x 40 minutes after the 5000 coupon code went live but I was so desperate for a scope I bought a used U.S. Optics SN4 1.5-6x28 FFP, with a LaRue SPR-1.5 mount included, that I found here on the used optics forum. Paid $800 for it. But i never cancelled the SWFA 1-6 order and I'm trying to think of a way to sneak it in here at home. my wife thinks I'm satifisfied with the USO, which I very much am, but dang I gots me this disease now........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gaberelli</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it today. Wife said, "What's in that box that came?" I said a scope. She said, "Oh." I quickly changed the subject before I got the dreaded, "How much does a scope cost?" question.

All in all a major success. Now I just have to figure out what to say when the 1-6 comes. 100% chance she says, "Didn't you just get a scope? Why do you need two?" </div></div>

Yeah, yeah this...... Yikes
smile.gif

Wife cheaters. No, I wasn't referring to you guys....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoFail</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gaberelli</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it today. Wife said, "What's in that box that came?" I said a scope. She said, "Oh." I quickly changed the subject before I got the dreaded, "How much does a scope cost?" question.

All in all a major success. Now I just have to figure out what to say when the 1-6 comes. 100% chance she says, "Didn't you just get a scope? Why do you need two?" </div></div>

Yeah, yeah this...... Yikes
smile.gif
</div></div>

Or you could find a different place to have your toys shipped to.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad-Andy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 5-20 just came in today. It's very nice! I got excited and forgot to order some caps for it. Still gotta figure out what mount to order too. </div></div>

Does it come with some kind of lense covers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IATigerHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-20x50 Mounted.
grin.gif

img0489fd.jpg
</div></div>

Looks good. Is that the standard Larue scope mount or the taller one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MustangGreg66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad-Andy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 5-20 just came in today. It's very nice! I got excited and forgot to order some caps for it. Still gotta figure out what mount to order too. </div></div>

Does it come with some kind of lense covers? <span style="color: #FF0000">No</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IATigerHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-20x50 Mounted.
grin.gif

img0489fd.jpg
</div></div>

Looks good. Is that the standard Larue scope mount or the taller one? </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MustangGreg66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Does it come with some kind of lense covers?
</div></div>

It is just the scope, an allen wrench, and 2 stickers inside a plain white box. Its no frills - you get the product you paid for and nothing else. Not really any SWAG. In fact, packaging is almost like what you'd expect to get when you buy in bulk, or from a corporate vendor.

Some will like it, some won't. If this keeps costs rock bottom, and there's little to no markup, then its a worthwhile sacrifice, and the most important thing in that SWFA box is the scope!

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here's my first impressions from the unboxing:</span>
At first glance, the clarity of the glass is outstanding. I initially mounted it on a tripod and ran outside and started looking up and down the block - I live in the city. I had no difficulty reading small text down at the end of my street on some signs left by local building contractors (~300yds).

<span style="font-weight: bold">I love it!</span>
The HD scope really does feel heavy duty. It feels REALLY solid, and its a bit heavier than I imagined it would be. My FN PBR is already fairly heavy with the bull barrel and the hogue overmold stock, so this setup is going to be "beefy".

The movement through the range of zoom is smooth, but not so smooth that it feels sloppy. I found that the eyebox is incredibly sensitive at 20x zoom, so hopefully I don't have any issue when this is on a rifle versus a tripod. I would almost expect this to be an issue with the max zoom, so this isn't a slam against the scope.

Also, unlike the review I mention below, my turret movements did NOT feel "mushy". They had a solid and audible "click"

<span style="font-weight: bold">Gripes</span>
One gripe I do have - The turret marks do not line up perfectly. They are slightly off, and while it does not truly effect functionality, it does detract from the finished product that i'd expect in a $1300 optic. The review below has images that perfectly illustrate the issue.

This is my first FFP scope and I actually have some difficulty seeing the reticle at 5x with my glasses on. When I put my contacts on, I had no issue. I don't have this issue with my SFP scopes, so I guess if I'm going to be shooting with my glasses, I'll need to adjust the diopter. Or... I should just go and get lasik already and be done with it. lol.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Review with turret problem pictures:</span>
http://www.gunwarrior.com/527/swfa-ss-5-20x50-hd-scope-sshd520x50mq-initial-impressions/

<span style="font-weight: bold">In a box all alone:</span>
I've been buying a lot of optics lately, but mostly in the $300-$700 range, a tier below this scope's pricepoint. Amazingly, most of the scopes in that price range come with sunshades, caps, instructions, foam injected boxes, cool labels, manuals, warranty cards, and some even come with rings or some type of basic mount. I guess I'm still a bit surprised this didn't come with anything else. I was hoping for some genuine SWFA swag, a warranty card, manual, or something... aside from 2 stickers and an allen wrench in a plain white box. Even a SWFA bikini cover would be great.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Final Thoughts</span>
My SWFA SS-HD 5-20 is actually replacing something on my FN PBR that is an entirely different class... a Bushnell Elite 4200 HD, which I used for hunting whitetail last winter.

While the 4200 hasn't ever failed me, I want to move to mil/mil and FFP so I can start punching more paper and possibly use this setup in some local matches. I'm hoping to use the 1-6 in 3 gun. ;-)

Anyhow, I figure this scope should be great for my needs. Oh, I love the FN-PBR too, btw.

I am incredibly amped up to get on the range with this new glass. The clarity and brightness are phenomenal and aside from some minor issues, the build quality seems outstanding.

I will try and follow up with a more detailed range report when I have some free time in the weeks to come - if I can ever get some free time, or if someone else doesn't post a quality range report first.

SWFA - thanks for shipping these out so quickly. I hope the 1-6 gets wrapped up soon, because that is primarily the scope I got in on this deal for.