• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

TAB Slings or TIS slings?

scottsnipe

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2008
Peoria, Arizona
So I am looking for a sling and was deciding between TAB and TIS. I've seen the TAB sling before and it looked nice. The TIS sling seems to have a lot of variations, which do you guys prefer and which set up on the TIS works best? I tried to do a search but came up with squat.

Re: TAB Slings or TIS slings?

**Dang it Chiller beat me to it**
They are both good slings, that being said I have and use a TIS on my rifle, its stout and works for me. But I have also had success with my old leather Brownells competition sling.

Now this has been brought up before, sorry couldnt find the thread for ya, and everyone has their own opinion on which one is superior( kinda turned into a pissin match). I say if it works for you it doesnt matter which "insert brand name here" sling you use. I suggest you try and find an example of each try em out and see what works best for you and go with it. Good luck with your decision.

AS

Well the main thing on the TIS sling I was wondering about was the different cuff styles they have. I mainly shoot prone and didn't know if there was any difference between them.

Thanks for the info guys, I have made my decision to get one of each and test it out for myself, worst case I can always sell the one I don't use on the hide right?
wink.gif

What part of AZ are you in? There are usually multiple types on the line at the monthly precision rifle matches at PRGC.....

I am located in Avondale, Would definitely love to go to one of the matches but I usually work weekends. I usually go out to Ben Avery on Sunday morning to just get a little rifle time but it's always so damn busy Sunday morning.